What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jen Psaki appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

bostonfred

Footballguy
Where to start

It is amazing hearing her stand and take questions. 

She's... competent.  That shouldn't be the bar but here we are.

She takes questions and doesn't fight with the media but she is not pushover either. Loved this https://i.redd.it/qzg90dhy9yc61.jpg

That look is amazing. 

And if she doesn't know she just... says so... and comes back to it?  

And that hair. As the kids today say it is fire.  I had no idea the cause of smart red headed women needed advancing but she has done more for it in three days than anyone I can remember. 

Share your favorite Jen Psaki moments here. 

Meant joe signs executive order for masks on federal property then joe and his family violates executive law hours later.  
I'm glad so many keep focusing on the big issues like this with their complaints about Joe.

If this ends up being one of the biggest stories his first week, let's be thankful.

Last edited by a moderator:
He violated his own policy hours after signing executive order.  Not a good start. Plus guy can’t read from TelePrompTer to save his life
I'm not sure what you guys want.  Obama was one of the best at speeches and all we heard for 8 years was that he's just reading form a Teleprompter so it doesn't count.  Now reading from a teleprompter is a big issue?

I'm not sure what you guys want.  Obama was one of the best at speeches and all we heard for 8 years was that he's just reading form a Teleprompter so it doesn't count.  Now reading from a teleprompter is a big issue?
It is about delivery...you are only as good as the person who writes the speech.  Obama was terrible off the cuff but he was great at reading a speech and had  a great writer in Jon Favreau. Biden is Biden..there will be some gaffes but he seems sincere and that is all people care about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly it is, since Trump was usually off-the-cuff in his delivery and horrible when using a teleprompter, so his supporters seem to think using one means something. 

Please don't engage on off topic conversations. 
After four years of turning every thread in here into a Trump bashing thread.  :thumbup:

Also, Psaki said the reason Biden violated his own order was because he was "celebrating". So yeah, she's horrible. In over her head. Won't last.

After four years of turning every thread in here into a Trump bashing thread.  :thumbup:

Also, Psaki said the reason Biden violated his own order was because he was "celebrating". So yeah, she's horrible. In over her head. Won't last.
His order is follow the CDC guidelines.  CDC guidelines are if you are outside and not within 6 feet of anyone you don't need a mask. And the picture of him maskless with his immediate family.  I guess get all riled up if you want.

This is a pretty disingenuous take right here. Psaki never said Biden violated the order, because he didn't actually violate the order.

The Fox News correspondent told a lie ("Biden signed an executive order that mandates masks on federal lands at all times”) in an obvious attempt to bait Psaki into a fake news trap, which she refused to take.

This is a pretty disingenuous take right here. Psaki never said Biden violated the order, because he didn't actually violate the order.

The Fox News correspondent told a lie ("Biden signed an executive order that mandates masks on federal lands at all times”) in an obvious attempt to bait Psaki into a fake news trap, which she refused to take.
Exactly.  The order isn't wear a mask at all times on federal property. Its follow CDC guidelines on federal property. 

:thumbup:

His order is follow the CDC guidelines.  CDC guidelines are if you are outside and not within 6 feet of anyone you don't need a mask. And the picture of him maskless with his immediate family.  I guess get all riled up if you want.
Why do you think Psaki gave the answer she did?

So when she said it was because Biden was celebrating, you think that was a good answer?

When a reporter tells a lie in the form of a question, it's fine for the press secretary to refuse to engage.
I think people just miss the days of Trump's press secretaries lying about easily observable facts. Jen should have come out and said that the inauguration crowd was the biggest ever. 

I think people just miss the days of Trump's press secretaries lying about easily observable facts. Jen should have come out and said that the inauguration crowd was the biggest ever. 
Should have called the press the enemy of the people as she walked out.

When a reporter tells a lie in the form of a question, it's fine for the press secretary to refuse to engage.
She didn't refuse to engage. She responded. Do you think she did a good job with her responses?
I edited my post to address your disingenuous attempt at a gotcha moment.

The Fox News reporter told a lie. When that happens, there's little to gain by getting down in the mud and playing games.

The best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them. We're seeing the flip side of that idiom in this very thread.

Right. She could have said "You're lying, Biden didn't sign a mandate requiring masks at all times." -- but that would have just given fuel to the fake news/social media troll crowd. When disingenuous people are seeking an excuse to express faux outrage, the best course of action is to not engage them.

Should have called the press the enemy of the people as she walked out.
They are the enemy of the people, IMO.  They aren't interested in facts, truth or logic but interested in advancing agendas.

If the last 20 to 30 years hasn't changed your mind, then the last four should have.

They are the enemy of the people, IMO.  They aren't interested in facts, truth or logic but interested in advancing agendas.

If the last 20 to 30 years hasn't changed your mind, then the last four should have.
I've been reading the local Chicago Tribune for the past 40 years since I moved here. They've always been fair and objective.  They haven't changed (nor have the local TV stations).  The Trib has been vocal in calling out politicians - that includes Trump these past four years, but it also includes all prior presidents and, particularly, decades of harsh critique of the Democratic leadership in Chicago and Illinois.  All that has changed is the growth in cable TV, which allows for more stations who have their slants ...but not all of them.  Does CNN lean left?  Sure.  But then you have Fox News leaning way right.  People did not talk about the press and media as the "enemy" until the narcissistic Donald Trump came along.  Why anyone buys into that nonsense is beyond me.  The White House press corp is doing what they've always done.  They'll be critical of Biden, and Jen on day one acknowledged that they'd have their differences ...and that that's OK.    

Sea Duck said:

The Fox News reporter told a lie. When that happens, there's little to gain by getting down in the mud and playing games.

The best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them. We're seeing the flip side of that idiom in this very thread.
He wasn't trolling, he was asking a question. She answered his question without disputing the premise. You're really grabbing at straws here. Engaging the press is sort of her job. I thought it was a pretty poor response.

Sea Duck said:

He wasn't trolling, he was asking a question.
The question was a lie. ("...signed an executive order that mandates masks on federal lands at all times")

When you tell a lie but try to frame it as 'Hey, I'm just asking questions here!', that is an act of trolling.

That type of behavior does not deserve validation. Trolls should not be rewarded by sinking to their level. Again, we're seeing an example of that in this very thread.

The question was a lie. ("...signed an executive order that mandates masks on federal lands at all times")

When you tell a lie but try to frame it as 'Hey, I'm just asking questions here!', that is an act of trolling.

That type of behavior does not deserve validation. Trolls should not be rewarded by sinking to their level. Again, we're seeing an example of that in this very thread.
Since I disagree with just about everything you're saying we'll just agree to disagree once again. Apparently you think she's doing a great job and responding well. Cheers.

Was there a better response?  Sure.

was her response bad?  Not on the Kayleigh scale
She seems to be doing the job as most have before her.  Answering what she can...getting back to them if she doesn’t have the answer.  Without being super confrontational with the press  (who no...are not the enemy of the people).

Users who are viewing this thread