What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jen Psaki appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

There is no doubt about that.  I think telling people we can beat climate change with money is foolish.  It is becoming more obvious this administration thinks people aren't smart enough to see past their BS. 

Gas is 3.19 at my corner shop.  I can't remember the last time it was this high.  We were hanging around 2.75-2.85 for a long time. 

Politicians often pretend to be something they are not.  The behavior is not exclusive to one group.

It would be wise for us all to always be on guard and not simply trust that our politicians are acting in good faith.

While both Democrats and Republicans are certainly guilty of this, to my eyes the Democrats are particularly destructive with their policies and heavy users of virtue signaling to hide their actions.

VIDEO: Psaki grilled for 2 minutes on Hunter selling art for $500K: "I refer you to the gallerist." Oct 7, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOwrsIebcko

Last year, someone asked what should be done about Hunter Biden to limit his ability to create a risk profile for the Biden Administration.

Back then I said Hunter Biden should be placed in a job where he counsels youth with addiction issues.  The media optics behind that would literally write itself. When you have an indefensible situation, you take control of the narrative and you dictate the actual talking points. It would have been a way to humanize Hunter Biden to the American people.  The left side of the aisle controls most of the MSM and Big Social Media. How do you control most of the current media outlets in the entire country and still get caught up in toxic storylines like this that offer no real chance at spin control?

Susan Rice took the insanely simple and found a way to make it close to impossible in terms of negative media spin.  Rice could have literally gotten any of a thousand political cronies to build a facility so Hunter Biden could have a soft optics friendly job.

It's Ron Klain's job to bury this kind of nonsense. But he only exists to be a liaison for dark money.  Sometimes you have an upstart rising star at deputy who actually takes control, but instead this administration has Jennifer Dillon, who had to get shuffled off to political Siberia in Beto O'Rourke's campaign because no one else who actually wanted to win would hire her.

The level of incompetence during the actual Obama reign was bad enough, but "Cool Guy President" had to leave these legacy landmines of horrible staffing to further run this country into the ground.

My next door neighbor to my place in Beacon Hill has a daughter who is like 13-14 years old and is clearly 50 percent gene driven from Bobby Axlerod. Last time I was there, she was talking about how to maximize web traffic to some fashion/cosmetics thing she's working on. She was talking about cross promotions with some fashion YouTube person and how to get the right "thumbnail" to get people to click on her videos. Then she talked about how to monetize self branded merchandise. She looked me right in the eye and said I was just the kind of potential investor who was lucky enough to have met her at the right time. ( The sheer Glengarry balls on this kid. Naive but gutsy. )

My point is there's this tween girl who should be watching Hunger Games or be on SnapFace looking for someone to play CounterDuty with and instead she's smarter about audience/public engagement than anyone in the current Biden Administration.

Politicians often pretend to be something they are not.  The behavior is not exclusive to one group.

It would be wise for us all to always be on guard and not simply trust that our politicians are acting in good faith.

While both Democrats and Republicans are certainly guilty of this, to my eyes the Democrats are particularly destructive with their policies and heavy users of virtue signaling to hide their actions.

“The white liberals, who have been posing as our friends, have failed us. The white liberal is the worst enemy to America and the worst enemy to the black man.”

“White liberals are those who have perfected the art of selling themselves to the black man as our ‘friend’ to get our sympathy, our allegiance and our minds. The white liberal attempts to use us politically against white conservatives, so that anything the black man does is never for his own good, never for his advancement, never for his own progress, he’s only a pawn in the hands of the white liberal.”

“I only cite these things to show you that in America the history of white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make us think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems. Our problems will never be solved by the white liberal. The only way that our problems will be solved is when the black man wakes up, cleans himself up, stands on his own two feet, stops begging the white liberal and takes immediate steps to do for ourselves the things that we have been waiting on the white liberal to do for us.”

“The media’s the most powerful entity on Earth. They have the power to make the innocent look guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the mind of the masses.”

“The Democrats are playing you for a political chump and if you vote for them, not only are you a chump, you are a traitor to your race.”

-Malcolm X

I am a fan of Malcolm X, and I really appreciate the quoting.  He is one of the more credible and intellectually honest social impacts of the last century.

VIDEO: JUST IN: Peter Doocy Exposes Biden's Scheme to help Friend Cut the Line at Hospital! Oct 8, 2021

Jen Psaki gets confronted by Peter Doocy over problems with supply chains that are affecting states and Biden's scheme to help a friend cut the line at a hospital in Pennsylvania and Why he is so unpopular in Virginia

https://youtu.be/-yeNq5Ln2HI?t=196

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yeNq5Ln2HI

I imagine, in private, both Kayleigh McEnany and Dana Perino actually sympathize with Jen Psaki a bit here.

There is no functional nor practical reason for Psaki to go up day after day after day.

Even for someone as incompetent as Psaki, all those canned responses have to be hard prepped and vetted. This is sort of like watching David Carr behind those early Houston Texans O lines where he got battered into the turf game after game after game.

Doocy is not some hard hitting highly skilled journalist here. He's just the guy leading the rushing attack on a sieve of a defense.

There's something very ugly about the reality of this situation. How do you get run over by a pedestrian with an 80 MPH fastball like Doocy? It's like an NBA defense having to answer for getting cooked for 40 points from Isaac Bonga.

Psaki goes up daily to get Bonga-ed.

Dana Perino probably sends her some homemade hummus with a note on it that says, "Everything is going to be OK. You are OK. Lucky Strikes are toasted"

Jen Psaki is asked if anyone in WH is worried about setting a precedent with releasing Jan 6 documents. “I can assure you Ed that this President has no intention to lead an insurrection on our nation’s Capitol.”

#psakibomb

Deja vu: Reporters still asking about Biden violating mask mandates. Psaki still dismissing with cute deflections.

I will say this: I was wrong about her not lasting.

She’s abysmal.  They really have to make a change.  Even my Democrat friends are getting annoyed with her dismissive tone.
In Niagara Falls? Her dismissive tone arises only when she is being dismissive to the disingenuous nonsense of Doocey and friends.

Democrats love her.

In Niagara Falls? Her dismissive tone arises only when she is being dismissive to the disingenuous nonsense of Doocey and friends.

Democrats love her.
What’s to love?  Her lying or her condescending tone?  No crisis at the border?  $3.5 billion bill not costing taxpayers a penny?  Biden has visited the border?  😆

What’s to love?  Her lying or her condescending tone?  No crisis at the border?  $3.5 billion bill not costing taxpayers a penny?  Biden has visited the border?  😆

I think we have to accept that is is good at her job, but then again the majority of media is on her side.  On the rare occasion that a reporter asks a hard hitting question she fends it off well enough.

Her job is to lie, she does it well.  Not sure what else there is.

Roger Sterling said:

Democrats love her.

Thankfully only 2-3 reporters will call her out otherwise she would have quit months ago. The PS job requires her to lie and dodge questions but it looks like it is wearing on her. When a year is up she will be ready to move on if not sooner.

Thankfully only 2-3 reporters will call her out otherwise she would have quit months ago. The PS job requires her to lie and dodge questions but it looks like it is wearing on her. When a year is up she will be ready to move on if not sooner.
...when she then becomes host of her own show on CNN

Also:

Kayleigh McEnany is an American conservative political commentator and author who served as the 33rd White House press secretary for the Trump administration from April 2020 to January 2021. She currently serves as an on-air contributor for Fox News.

You know this hasn't happened yet right?

She's still suplexing dummies in the press room, I don't think she has a network job. 

VIDEO: 'You're Saying He Drove By There For A Few Minutes?' Psaki Grilled Over Biden's Past Border Visit Oct 22, 2021

Friday, a Fox News reporter grilled White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on whether or not President Biden has been to the border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jah0gz8kHk

VIDEO: 'The Five' blast Biden's behavior at the border Oct 23, 2021

'The Five' take stock of the shape of the country under Biden, from the southern border to infrastructure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7lgVZQ1Joc

DIRECT HEADLINE: Montana Has 6 Touchdown Passes; Rice Catches 5

Montana and Rice picked on cornerback Charles Dimry throughout the game. “My confidence level is not shaken,” Dimry said.

L.A. Times Archives Oct. 15, 1990 12 AM PT

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1990-10-15-sp-1844-story.html

Jen Psaki is like Charles Dimry. Left on an island and completely overmatched.

The best she could come up with, once Biden said he should visit the border in a Town Hall media op, is that he drove past it over a decade ago. That's it. That's all she had. When the situation is this indefensible, you don't hold a press conference day after day. But Susan Rice is sending her up there for two reasons. The first is to be a human punching bag for the failures of this administration. So Obama in his shadow third term can say all the questions were addressed. The second is to try to hold onto zealots, single issue voters and low information voters.

In effect, the media optics strategy now is triage. It's conceding the 2022 Mid Terms will be a total bloodbath. Most Democrats holding office right now up and down the ticket are not "name brand" politicians. They cannot enter the daily media cycle at will. No one cares what they think. They are reliant on their Party apparatus for financial support and campaign support. But they have to toe the Party line on major issues. Like Critical Race Theory and Defund The Police and Orange Man Bad and Black Lives Matter. But that's going to wipe them out at the voting booths.

The problem is that many people are ceasing to stay low information voters. When public policy impacts them like lockdowns and rioting and abandoning Americans to the hands of terrorists and the pandemic and the force feeding of identity politics, they are going to search out the truth. Yes, you will get some zealots, like the ones who try to hijack my top level posts by gaslighting and source policing, but moderates, independents, undecideds and traditional liberals want nothing to do with this current madness.

Psaki's strategy is calling someone a liar and hoping no one actually investigates the truth.

Bill Clinton did this. However he had one of the greatest Press Secretaries who ever walked up to the podium and he actually left her alone to do her job and he was fortunate enough to have great timing in terms of an economic boom period.

Psaki can't "suplex" anyone. You need to actually have some kind of possible defensible position to hold first.

You can choose to simply stagger out the press conferences to let the daily media cycle churn over to something else eventually. But it's been less than a full year and each successive crisis gets worse and worse. Each crisis creates more incentive for voters all across the spectrum to look into why their country is falling apart.

If all you have left are zealots who believe in you, then all you have left are those best suited to be actual fringe terrorists. Zealots aren't force multipliers in the political spectrum. They are the pockets of old men and children handed weapons to defend the last bits of the Third Reich when the Russians were sweeping through Germany at the end of WW2.

You want to convince everyone here that Charles Dimry is actually a blend of the best parts of Rod Woodson, Deion Sanders and Darrelle Revis. If you can sell that, then great, because that's actually really hard to do with functional media optics. The problem with that strategy, and why many with actual skill avoid it, is because if it backfires, it's essentially calling your audience stupid.

This is why so many moderates, undecideds, independents and traditional liberals will react so viscerally to Psaki's incompetence. She's calling them too stupid to see plainly what Biden is saying on record doesn't line up with anything remote close to what he's actually doing. And even worse, what he's not doing but should be doing as POTUS.

Feel free to let us all know when you want to enshrine Charles Dimry into the NFL Hall Of Fame.

They're telling you that so they can end the conversation. 

VIDEO: Psaki Gets NASTY with Reporter When She Asks Why Biden Is Getting Nothing Done Oct 19, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbn5D3aWHYU

VIDEO: Pelosi shifts infrastructure bill deadline to 31 October amid Biden frustration

In a letter to House Democrats on Saturday, Pelosi said that the House will have until Sunday 31 October to pass the $1tn bipartisan infrastructure bill, which passed the Senate in August.

Lauren Aratani Sat 2 Oct 2021 15.11 EDT

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/02/pelosi-new-infrastructure-bill-deadline-31-october-biden-frustration

TRANSCRIPT: Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki, October 19, 2021

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/10/19/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-october-19-2021/

massraider, I get the deep thoughtful feeling that our conversation has just gotten started.

Pelosi sets a date of October 31st. Psaki gets cornered by Kristin Welker and then Psaki proceeds to condescend and deflect and tries to convince everyone that this date doesn't exist. It's literally in every major news publication, major news outlet and all over social media.

In order to do it, Psaki says there are no deadlines then immediately shifts to gaslighting and says there are no "new deadlines" which automatically infers there is one. How do you screw this up? It's saying the American people and Kristin Welker are too stupid to read a calendar.

Point to note, Welker is biracial. She's half African American. Identity politics does have an established hierarchy. You can be neck deep in an administration that force feeds identity politics then have a privileged white woman in the national daily media cycle show up and treat a half black woman like she's too stupid to read a calendar.

The long term political issue here is Gavin Newsom will be a 2024 POTUS contender. Psaki, under the marching orders of Susan Rice, won't want to make it look like the Obama/Biden/Harris/Rice regime has to wait in line to see what Pelosi is going to do or not do. This is now a greater problem than The Squad/AOC/Progressives/Sanders/Warren versus the establishment Democrats. Newsom backed by "Aunt" Pelosi's big money backers and her vast political capital is now a threat.

Here's the bizarre part. Nearly all of Newsom's mannerisms in the media are basically trying to co-opt Barack Obama's body language, speech style, pace, tone inflection and cadence. Obama only has one real gift in modern politics, he's a generational level public speaker. I'll give him that much. But Newsom's attempts are like those dollar store knock offs of Girl Scout Cookies. Newsom looks like he's straight out of a deleted scene from a Harry Potter movie where he's trying to cast a spell with his freakish frantic arm waving and third rate Arthur Fleck grin.

Psaki has to tell everyone they can't read a calendar because Obama's hopeful 4th shadow term is going to get derailed by a dollar store imitation. How does this happen? How badly does your administration need to screw up that this can even be possible? That's like being a defensive coordinator and having to explain on Monday morning how Jimmy Clausen threw for 500 yards against your team.

Psaki's job is to try to convince everyone that they are basically illiterate and that Jimmy Clausen should be in the Pro Bowl.

If I was Erik Wilhelm, seeing all this would start to make me feel somewhat hopeful.

VIDEO: Psaki Gets NASTY with Reporter When She Asks Why Biden Is Getting Nothing Done Oct 19, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbn5D3aWHYU

VIDEO: Pelosi shifts infrastructure bill deadline to 31 October amid Biden frustration

In a letter to House Democrats on Saturday, Pelosi said that the House will have until Sunday 31 October to pass the $1tn bipartisan infrastructure bill, which passed the Senate in August.

Lauren Aratani Sat 2 Oct 2021 15.11 EDT

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/02/pelosi-new-infrastructure-bill-deadline-31-october-biden-frustration

TRANSCRIPT: Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki, October 19, 2021

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/10/19/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-october-19-2021/

massraider, I get the deep thoughtful feeling that our conversation has just gotten started.

Pelosi sets a date of October 31st. Psaki gets cornered by Kristin Welker and then Psaki proceeds to condescend and deflect and tries to convince everyone that this date doesn't exist. It's literally in every major news publication, major news outlet and all over social media.

In order to do it, Psaki says there are no deadlines then immediately shifts to gaslighting and says there are no "new deadlines" which automatically infers there is one. How do you screw this up? It's saying the American people and Kristin Welker are too stupid to read a calendar.

Point to note, Welker is biracial. She's half African American. Identity politics does have an established hierarchy. You can be neck deep in an administration that force feeds identity politics then have a privileged white woman in the national daily media cycle show up and treat a half black woman like she's too stupid to read a calendar.

The long term political issue here is Gavin Newsom will be a 2024 POTUS contender. Psaki, under the marching orders of Susan Rice, won't want to make it look like the Obama/Biden/Harris/Rice regime has to wait in line to see what Pelosi is going to do or not do. This is now a greater problem than The Squad/AOC/Progressives/Sanders/Warren versus the establishment Democrats. Newsom backed by "Aunt" Pelosi's big money backers and her vast political capital is now a threat.

Here's the bizarre part. Nearly all of Newsom's mannerisms in the media are basically trying to co-opt Barack Obama's body language, speech style, pace, tone inflection and cadence. Obama only has one real gift in modern politics, he's a generational level public speaker. I'll give him that much. But Newsom's attempts are like those dollar store knock offs of Girl Scout Cookies. Newsom looks like he's straight out of a deleted scene from a Harry Potter movie where he's trying to cast a spell with his freakish frantic arm waving and third rate Arthur Fleck grin.

Psaki has to tell everyone they can't read a calendar because Obama's hopeful 4th shadow term is going to get derailed by a dollar store imitation. How does this happen? How badly does your administration need to screw up that this can even be possible? That's like being a defensive coordinator and having to explain on Monday morning how Jimmy Clausen threw for 500 yards against your team.

Psaki's job is to try to convince everyone that they are basically illiterate and that Jimmy Clausen should be in the Pro Bowl.

If I was Erik Wilhelm, seeing all this would start to make me feel somewhat hopeful.
@massraider will have to circle back with you on these.

She is more professional and doesn't attack the media the way Trump people did. With Biden not being visible in his role, she is often in a tough position having to defend things that make no sense. She is the face of the administration these days, but she's skilled enough, most of the time, to deflect and not really provide answers to most tough questions (which appear to be far and few between)

....but she's skilled enough....

VIDEO: Psaki blames Americans for supply shortages: "So many people.. are purchasing more goods online.." Oct 27, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RbCOgyMb9k

VIDEO: Kate Mara Flirting with Craig Ferguson [HD] Aug 4, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV63s6fsx6I

So I'll dispense with the obvious that everything Psaki is saying here is completely ridiculous.

If more people are buying things, then companies have more incentive to make things to meet demand, except they can't, because they can't get the raw materials to produce them, and this is well documented across multiple major industries.

But she can't sell it. It's one thing to say something ridiculous, it's another to sell it. If you fail at it, then you've put yourself in the position to call your audience stupid. And since you represent an entire administration, by proxy, you are now sending the message that the entire administration is calling the viewing public as stupid.

In the 2nd video, Kate Mara, from the NY Giants Mara family legacy, is coked out of her mind with Craig Ferguson. It's her job to sell her current movie or TV show or album or book or whatever. But she can't sell anything at all since she's wired to the gills with Bolivian marching powder. However what Craig Ferguson does is a master class in spin control and doing the heavy lifting for both of them. He's selling "It's OK to be ridiculous" and "It's fun to be ridiculous"  The stakes are that if Mara looks bad, she represents her new project badly, and  that's Ferguson's fault even if it's not technically his fault.

Ferguson carries a nearly 10 minute preset time block while being given absolutely nothing. He adapts, rolls out almost textbook "Agree And Amplify" and then improvises with a complete unpredictable element.

Jen Psaki has nearly the entire MSM complicit to her side of the political spectrum. She only has to worry about Peter Doocy asking her hard questions and she still self inflicts the worst possible response and in the worst possible way for all involved. The first of many clues to this is Psaki, when under duress, consistently starts to rattle off a list of reasons that defy what the average American is seeing with their own eyes. Psaki gets a healthy diet of softballs and still screws up reading straight from a script.

Is Jen Psaki skilled at being a Press Secretary?

Watch Craig Ferguson again and see the Grand Canyon sized difference. If Psaki had real talent, there would be no discernible difference.

Psaki has legitimate Media Optics 101 fundamental flaws in her game. It's like if the NY Giants drafted a wide receiver and he didn't know you needed to gain 10 yards to get a new first down.

VIDEO: Fox News' Chris Wallace PRAISES Psaki As “One Of The Best Press Secretaries Ever” Oct 29, 2021

Team Rising debate Jen Psaki's performance as White House press secretary. About Rising: Rising is a weekday morning show with bipartisan hosts that breaks the mold of morning TV by taking viewers inside the halls of Washington power like never before. The show leans into the day's political cycle with cutting edge analysis from DC insiders who can predict what is going to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZikJGQicPkQ

First, the structure of this specific show on The Hill is designed to "bi-partisan" in nature. Is that what actually happens? I'll let people debate that issue for themselves. But the format is always Pro/Con and Positive/Negative no matter what.

Second, Julia Manchester and Philip Wegman are basically auditioning for their next job. Until you get to the top, you are always auditioning for your next job. While I find Psaki to be incompetent, the reality is she has been in the game a long time and has connections and can either help or hurt Manchester and Wegman in the future, so they have no incentive to say anything that will get them down the road backlash. The point is also made to only compliment Peter Doocy.  This isn't different from multiple industries where the song of the day is kiss someone's butt non stop because you don't know if you'll be working for them one day or working for one of their friends or allies.

Third, it's like kind of "group think" and basically a small niche industry circle jerk that allows people to fail upwards. Lots of people in niche industries operate in a "bubble"  Notice the tone deaf elitist arrogant athletes in all the major pro sports? It's not all of them, but it's some select douchebags. Imagine if you lived in a bubble where people only said you were amazing and always right ( because they wanted something from you) and you were only surrounded all day by other famous and wealthy and powerful people. In that bubble, you don't see yourself as tone deaf and elitist and arrogant. You sound just like everyone else in your social circle.

Psaki failed upwards. This video clip shows how easy it is to fail upwards in an industry like this. There are no real stakes here for Psaki. This is not like Gillette running a woke ad campaign and losing tons of money for Procter and Gamble's bottom line. In that situation, if you fail, and there are financial markers of failure, then you get gutted. However any of Psaki's failures don't come at her like that in an absolute sense. There's not a financial bottom line where she is held accountable. Which is fundamentally one major criticism of high level government employees. They are not held to the brutality of the private sector's demand for deliverable results.

There's a reason there are so many movies out there now with rave reviews from "professional critics" and then get masses of negative reviews from average movie goers. The professionals have to answer to an editor and a business that is trying to sell ads, commercial time, has complex industry relationships, etc, etc.

The bubble around Psaki is part of the same bubble around professional politics that creates the pathway to the tone deaf approach you see so often where the general public can't believe the stupid things they are hearing and seeing on a daily basis, well when the complicit MSM will actually show it to them.

The larger the wealth gap becomes in this country, the more you will see these "bubbles" emerge in an openly toxic way that will catalyze the public's rage. In short, it's going to get a lot uglier and it's all going to happen a lot sooner.

VIDEO: Psaki TRIGGERED When Reporter Asks Why Biden Called Rittenhouse a “White Supremacist” Nov 15, 2021

https://youtu.be/_rKv-whxa9k?t=141

VIDEO: President Joe Biden praying for 'right' verdict in Derek Chauvin trial Apr 20, 2021

US President Joe Biden says he believes that the evidence in Derek Chauvin's trial is "overwhelming" and he is praying for the "right" outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_mjN0xilxs

Psaki is saying she won't speak on an ongoing investigation, nor will Biden, in a criminal trial but doesn't hold back from implying and referring to Rittenhouse as a "vigilante" anyway. 

Anyone notice her pause and condescending "sigh" at Peter Doocy for having the gall to even ask the question?  That's designed to try to trigger low information voters to tune out immediately. Kill the context and you will kill the narrative that you can no longer control.

This doesn't change the fact that Biden consistently makes it a point to force feed comments about high profile judicial proceedings that clearly lean in one specific direction and does so knowing his words will reach the jury involved.

Does any of this sound like actual due process?

She’s brilliant and kind of cute.

VIDEO: White House Confronted With Biden And VPs Past Statements On Jussie Smollet Dec 10, 2021

Jen Psaki responds to a question about Jussie Smollet during a White House Press Briefing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sV-MQcD-GY

Tweets From Brand Name Democrats Invoking Racism And Hate Crimes Without Pure Evidence

Why is Psaki brilliant?

( Point to note, why are so many guys on the FBG forums so thirsty? I was gone for a very long time, only been posting regularly in the last year. I didn't participate in the Who Is Hottest threads but clearly that seemed to have some of a limiting effect on the overall Radar Roger Effect. I don't get it personally, then again I've never had an extended dry spell in my lifetime. Why is there such a fascination with how Psaki's looks? But I digress)

If Psaki wanted a basic exit on Jussie Smollett, she just had to say that someone on a hit TV show did a great job at selling a story that was a pure lie. Then she should have had a large  TV monitor in the back that immediately ran a video of Donald Trump on The Apprentice. With some clip of him saying something toxic. Then roll an overlay of audio with Trump on the hot mic talking crass and women and sticking a finger in... well we all know that line. Psaki could then redirect and say that one thing is for certain, that because Smollett was a gay man, that one thing that was always truthful was his support for women and women's rights, but not everyone else who was a star on a TV show would feel that way.

That's cheap and dirty, but it would at least adhered to some kind of basic PR fundamentals. If you drag out a name that is outside the national daily media cycle ( and Trump is not daily news anymore) then you need an immediate visual and audio cue that specifically links them to your Whataboutism. It's only going to work on low information voters, but that's till better than nothing and still better than her stumbling Family Circus "Who Me?" moment. This is basic PR 101.

I was a better hypothetical radical leftist in the last two minutes than Psaki ever was period and forever.

She's not brilliant. You have to have a foundation of fundamentals to start to work your way up to potentially brilliant. Psaki fails at PR 101. That's just pathetic.

Seriously.  You said her being fired would bring you joy.

It’s cool if you were just caught up in the moment and exaggerated 

or if you feel it’s homophobic (although I am not sure it’s joy - it’s sad to me)

i guess I am just put off by the word “joy” related to losing a job

VIDEO: Peter Doocy asks why Biden is telling people that the vaccinated cannot spread COVID Dec 16, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksEM1NUJ0aM

VIDEO: Karine Jean-Pierre on her mental health struggle and a blueprint for activism Nov 26, 2019 PBS NewsHour

Democratic strategist and NewsHour analyst Karine Jean-Pierre has written a book, “Moving Forward,” in which she shares her experiences growing up as the eldest child of Haitian immigrants. Jean-Pierre sits down with Judy Woodruff to discuss her parents’ pursuit of the American dream, her struggle with mental health, why young people should make their voices heard and beating Donald Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGFtx-Pokjs

Direct Headline: Biden Restarting Loan Repayment Is a Betrayal to His Voters

This op-ed argues that President Joe Biden is making a political mistake by restarting student loan payments in 2022.

By Lexi McMenamin December 14, 2021

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/biden-loan-payments-restarting-oped

The White House will be in a pickle soon. When Psaki leaves, the pressure will be on to replace her with Karine Jean-Pierre, who is a mid 40s gay black mother with stated mental health challenges.  KJP's window is closing very fast in terms of opportunity for the Press Secretary slot.

The major problem is the person best suited ( in so much as is possible in this disaster zone of an administration ) is John Kirby from the Pentagon. Who has a deep military background. There is inherent value in a stable established military voice especially after what happened in Afghanistan. But he's a straight white male.

Symone Sanders stabbed Bernie Sanders in the back to work for Obama. She expected the Press Secretary slot as a reward. When she didn't get it and was turfed to the Harris faction, she waited it out then left, snitching on her way out the door. I can't quite blame the Obama/Biden/Harris/Rice regime for not wanting to elevate SS, a turncoat can't be trusted. However it sends the message that anyone who does anything for this administration is going to be get thrown down a flight of stairs whether they deserved it or not.

Someone will wonder why I'm sourcing Teen Vogue. ( Which would likely be the first and last time anyone does so in the PSF )  Alexi McCammon was the girlfriend of a Psaki staffer, TJ Ducklo. TJD got caught hammering someone in the Press Corps with vicious and hateful  and aggressive remarks. So he got fired. McCammon got "retro'ed" for simply being in the same breath as Ducklo. That's the story of this administration. While canning Ducklo was a no brainer, sandpapering his girlfriend to absolutely make sure no blowback came later was egregious. And it still happened anyway. Because McCammon has/had friends still in that area of the print media.

What's the story here? Psaki spent several decades in public relations/media and her credibility is ruined for life. She went up and lied and kept lying and more critically, was bad at lying. Fundamentally bad. The best replacement based on practical strategy just happens to be a straight white male but what is more critical is his military background. But since Obama demanded that Susan Rice fill all levels of staffing with the "right minority" then you have an ugly situation where if Kirby gets the job, it will look like Jean-Pierre got carpet bombed and shafted by "systematic racism"

Psaki being fired wouldn't bring me any joy, but functioning to actual political strategy in her eventual replacement would indicate pragmatism over identity politics. But that's not the compelling drivers here. What works is going to take a backseat to what's woke.

How about gaining or losing a job just based on some pathway towards merit and need?

Psaki is incompetent but Susan Rice had to channel her inner John Kuester driving the Detroit Pistons into the ground and found a way to make this even more stupid.

Jean-Pierre really isn't that bad at all. But she doesn't fill a practical need, she just hits the right intersectional checklist.

Psaki is rather effective in her role.

Its not like she has an easy job, particularity given the ongoing, and significant, failures of the Democrat party.

I give her credit, I think her start was a little rocky, but she improved and does a remarkable job. Sure she is the mouthpiece of a failed set of ideas and policies and zealously defends really indefensible hypocrisy. I can appreciate her skill without denigrating it because she is part of the wrong people thinking the wrong things.

Users who are viewing this thread