What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sources You Like For Dynasty Content? (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Question.

What are posters here that you follow for Dynasty Content?

Who are other people online you follow for Dynasty Content and where can you find their content?

What Non FBG websites do you like for Dynasty Content?

As for outside sources, online sources, typically podcasts. Even if I disagree with their takes, it's definitely enough to get me thinking. Dynasty Theory, Dynasty Nerds are a few that I found that I listen to. If anyone has more, I'd love to hear about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I basically google and you-tube stuff but can't really say any of it is my "go to"...we use CBS Sportsline for my two leagues and they have good Dynasty content but there is not a ton of it...IMO this is an area of big opportunity on the fantasy landscape.

NonFBG content: DLF series and other podcasts. Under the Helmet (Chad Parsons outside his FBG show) and Locked On plus various draft shows mostly.  DLF site for info also

FBG content: I read almost all the articles. Chad and Jordan’s show was a good add for this year. Like the general dynasty trade and discussion threads plus specific rankings like @ZWK and @Zyphros do. Plus @Biabreakable and his rookie ranking series. Also for IDP @Tick @Gally @trippand @MAC_32 are some I pay attention to. Sorry if not mentioned. And team threads with too many to name. 

Shout out to @Faust@The Frankmanfor their news (not necessarily dynasty focused always) and @Andy Dufresnefor all his mock draft work. 

...and Locked On plus various draft shows mostly.  
Agreed here. "Draft Dudes" and "Dallas Cowboys Draft Show" are also good listens. "First Draft" isn't bad, but sometimes I think it's two guys yelling college players at one another and ribbing each other on how their rankings change and when instead of just analysis of the players.

People think I hate PFF but I also like when they talk dynasty on Youtube.

Other websites: Pro Football Focus, Dynasty League Football, Football Outsiders

plus others mostly for draft stuff: The Draft Network, The Athletic, Fantasy Points, NFL.com (Lance Zierlein's scouting reports)

People: various on Twitter

Podcasts: The FF Dynasty is probably my favorite, mainly because the it’s the closest I've found to me and my buds casually talking some dynasty. Also really enjoy the previously mentioned Locked On and DLF. 

I'm probably not re-upping at DLF next season, but I tried them out this season.  I'll miss their trade calculator.

In rough order:

Trade calculators: DLF, DynastyProcess.com, FBG's monthly chart, Dynasty101

Rankings: FBG, DLF, FantasyPros

IDP rankings: FBG, DLF, FantasyPros

IDP-included trade calculator: I wish!  I only know of one, and I don't pay for it.

Podcasts: FBG dynasty show, Analytics of Dynasty, Read & React IDP, Late Round Podcast, Locked On (Williamson and McDowell episodes), DLF Dynasty Podcast, Dynasty Nerds (offseason only)

Posters: The IDP crew that Duckboy mentioned.

If anyone knows of any other podcasts with data-backed suggestions rather than just opinions, please share.  I really like Parsons and McNamara, and Zachariason in the offseason.

I’m only play in dynasty leagues and mainly use DLF for my main content and their forums.  Really don’t follow any poster on FBGs for dynasty, though I really enjoy the Shark Tank forum.  DLF’s trade calculator, trade finder, off-season mock drafts and their frequently up to date rankings by multiple analysts is something that I find worthwhile and entertaining.  Enjoy listening to a bunch of different dynasty podcasts, unreal how many are available, really like the ones that Matt Williamson is involved with. 

I will miss a few, but here's what I pick and choose from:

Posters: anybody that has an opinion and adds info to why they have that opinion.  In particular, ZWK, Zyphros, Biabreakable, menobrown, EBF, JohnnyU, Faust to name a few.  Ignore - anybody who shouts loudly but brings zero info to support opinion.  The shark pool behavior has been much better over the last year (thx!)

Online content (twitter, websites): FBG, The Shark Pool forum, Matt Waldman, Nick Whalen, Heath Cummings (cbssports.com)  

Dynasty rankings: fantasypros, keeptradecut.com (updates frequently), Mike Clay (ESPN.com), dynasty101, dynasty trade calculator (updates frequently), sites posted by Faust.  

Podcasts: Locked on (Matt and Ryan), Destination Devy (Ray Garvin), Saturday2Sunday, dynasty trade calculator (Hurley and Izzy), Harrisfootball (Mon and Tu film review in season, film futures), FBG dynasty and on the couch, late round (JJ Zacharison)

Dynasty Content:  I currently subscribe to FBG, if I were to switch I would look at DLF, dynasty nerds

Can anyone comment on the the quality of the Dynasty Nerds DynastyGM tool? It sounds like a myFBG/League Dominator or MyDLF-style league synch tool that tailors advice to each league.

It feels like we’re so close to the killer app that makes everyone else look silly: league-synched FBG weekly projections plus dynasty waiver recommendations plus dynasty trade value, including IDP, in one mega-tool to rule them all.

Perhaps a bit off topic but what league hosting sites are best for hosting a dynasty auction league?  TIA

Dynasty rankings: ... Mike Clay (ESPN.com) ...
Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

Here. We. Go.

It's the debut of the 2021 NFL Free Agency Cheatsheet!

📊 👉   LINK to chart  👈

------------------------------------

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

Notable UFAs at all positions are here. The ranks are very loose, so don't get too caught up in that. The Unit Grades are a very rough draft, but are compiled with UFAs removed. Lots of work to do there.

Dynasty sites:  UTH, DLF

Dynasty Trade Calculators:  UTH, DLF, Dynasty Trade Calculator

Podcasts: UTH, Locked on Dynasty, Dynasty Trade Calculator, DLF Dynasty, 

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

Here. We. Go.

It's the debut of the 2021 NFL Free Agency Cheatsheet!

📊 👉   LINK to chart  👈

------------------------------------

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

Notable UFAs at all positions are here. The ranks are very loose, so don't get too caught up in that. The Unit Grades are a very rough draft, but are compiled with UFAs removed. Lots of work to do there.
Some serious pass rushing talent on the market.

Mike Tagliere was always my favorite outside of Bloom! I've struggled to find someone I like as much since Tags passed! :frown:

I'd only found Tags the summer prior to his passing, and watched every video/stream he was on. When he disappeared and then passed away, it hit me HARD. Seemed like a really genuinely good dude.

A newer one to me whom I also like is Cory Evans at the Dynasty Dude. His podcasts are shorter but he gets a lot in and seems pretty insightful.

Nothing against Faust, I can go to sites I like rather than depending on cut and pastes links from those sites and sites I don't like and not have to wade through old news or fluff. I play a lot of DEVY, so I do like destination devy. I really like JRich. There are other podcasts I listen to for dynasty values. Breaking down film I favor Waldman and Cosell.

Nothing against Faust, I can go to sites I like rather than depending on cut and pastes links from those sites and sites I don't like and not have to wade through old news or fluff.
Why are you always putting Faust down? It's a terrible look on your part. I'm not saying this to attack you - but constant bitching about Faust makes you look bad. Take it for what it's worth (or don't as is your right).

Nothing against Faust, I can go to sites I like rather than depending on cut and pastes links from those sites and sites I don't like and not have to wade through old news or fluff.
On the other hand, I basically only come to this board to get the latest news on the players I care about since I’ve marked their threads. I love the “latest news feed” service that Faust provides :)

for those who use DLF, what’s different/better than just being a FBG member? I get multiple opinions/articles/rankings here, so I’m very satisfied, but I’d love to know what the fuss is about. Thanks.

On the other hand, I basically only come to this board to get the latest news on the players I care about since I’ve marked their threads. I love the “latest news feed” service that Faust provides :)

for those who use DLF, what’s different/better than just being a FBG member? I get multiple opinions/articles/rankings here, so I’m very satisfied, but I’d love to know what the fuss is about. Thanks.
I have the sites I like bookmarked and the YouTube podcasts subscribed, so it's as easy as a click or two, rather than skimming through Footballguys Faust threads. A lot of them I'm simply not interested in. Again, nothing against Faust, he provides a service, just not my thing for the most part. Now there are sometimes I do click on a link he posts and give a deserving like.

Why are you always putting Faust down? It's a terrible look on your part. I'm not saying this to attack you - but constant bitching about Faust makes you look bad. Take it for what it's worth (or don't as is your right).
See post #32. I said Faust provides a service and that I give likes to some of his posts, but in general I'm not a fan of just cutting and pasting links in a forum without some kind of commentary.

See post #32. I said Faust provides a service and that I give likes to some of his posts, but in general I'm not a fan of just cutting and pasting in a forum without some kind of commentary.
You've made that clear every time some one praises Faust - every time.

I'd give it a rest, but that's me and you're free to express your opinions of course. Many people seem to love what Fasut does so it would be a shame if some shade constantly thrown at him makes him go away. I'll let it go though - really not trying to give you a hard time - I just feel bad for Faust.

See post #32. I said Faust provides a service and that I give likes to some of his posts, but in general I'm not a fan of just cutting and pasting in a forum without some kind of commentary.

I'd give it a rest, but that's me and you're free to express your opinions of course. Many people seem to love what Fasut does so it would be a shame if some shade constantly thrown at him makes him go away. I'll let it go though - really not trying to give you a hard time - I just feel bad for Faust.
Sorry to upset the apple cart. If you guys like just cutting and pasting links without hardly ever giving an opinion, fine. I'll refrain from ever posting that again.

Sorry to upset the apple cart. If you guys like just cutting and pasting links without hardly ever giving an opinion, fine. I'll refrain from ever posting that again.
This allows a one stop shop for info. You are then able to click the link read what it's about and then do further research if you are so inclined. It's a convenience that I very much appreciate so I don't have to go comb many sites to get info on players. I come here and look for the player and then there are links to click if they interest me. I am not sure why it has to be anything more than that. It's not promising more than that. Just a place to get information. Opinions are left up to you to formulate.

This allows a one stop shop for info. You are then able to click the link read what it's about and then do further research if you are so inclined. It's a convenience that I very much appreciate so I don't have to go comb many sites to get info on players. I come here and look for the player and then there are links to click if they interest me. I am not sure why it has to be anything more than that. It's not promising more than that. Just a place to get information. Opinions are left up to you to formulate.
I knew it was going to be an unpopular response and will take all the heat, knowing I'm in the minority. It's just my opinion. I'm not a fan of just cutting and pasting without thoughts, but most of you are, so like I said, I'll not post any negative comments on the subject any longer. I see that most of you find value and will just leave it at that.

Let's not have any negative stuff about Faust - the last thing we need is for him to get discouraged and post less.

I for one highly value what Faust does, even if it's mostly copying and pasting. He's helped me immensely with my own player analysis - digs through so much stuff that I don't have the time or inclination to do, and uncovers some articles that I would never have seen. The analysis may be left to our own devices, but I'd rather it be that way anyway.

Faust posts stuff from all kinds of sources I would never have found on my own, unless I googled the specific player's name. And there are far too many players of interest to just google them all daily.

I knew it was going to be an unpopular response and will take all the heat, knowing I'm in the minority. It's just my opinion. I'm not a fan of just cutting and pasting without thoughts, but most of you are, so like I said, I'll not post any negative comments on the subject any longer. I see that most of you find value and will just leave it at that.
If only there was a way to ignore certain posters here. That's a good idea for a feature. Maybe we can ask Joe to get on that.

Many good discussions here are sparked when Faust bumps a player thread with an update.

Dynasty content:

FantasyPros, they have a great website, I am a paid user.

JJ Zachariason is my #1, very analytics driven guy, very reasonable and has short podcasts where he backs up his rankings etc.

I really, really, really don't need 15-20 minutes of discourse where the 'gang' ate last night, and their new BBQ, which nw IPAs they like, and their thoughts on the hockey game last night. it's a fantasy podcast, not your audition to take over Good Morning America.

I really, really, really don't need 15-20 minutes of discourse where the 'gang' ate last night, and their new BBQ, which nw IPAs they like, and their thoughts on the hockey game last night. it's a fantasy podcast, not your audition to take over Good Morning America.
this times a million…fantasy podcasts are just toooooo looooong to interest me. cram the info into bite sized, <5 minute episodes and maybe I’ll check it out. i guess I prefer reading my football news instead of listening to it. Maybe that’s more what I’m getting at.

this times a million…fantasy podcasts are just toooooo looooong to interest me. cram the info into bite sized, <5 minute episodes and maybe I’ll check it out. i guess I prefer reading my football news instead of listening to it. Maybe that’s more what I’m getting at.
I'll second the JJZ podcasts for this reason as well. I don't want the filler, I want the news, but I want to listen to it because usually I'm driving and can't read it. His short podcasts are perfect for this. So he's becoming my default analysis just because I like his method of content delivery the best.

Dynasty content:

FantasyPros, they have a great website, I am a paid user.

JJ Zachariason is my #1, very analytics driven guy, very reasonable and has short podcasts where he backs up his rankings etc.

JJ is the man - “thanks for tuning in

Totally agree that so many pods make it all about them before getting into the meat of the material. Give me time stamps or give me death.

DLF positives: Great trade calculator. Good offseason content. Trade finder is neat.
DLF negatives: No real value in-season to me. Not the best site organization - I appreciate FBG's weekly article page in-season.

It feels like DLF is full of smart people who make good podcasts and put up rankings, but DLF doesn't get as much out of them as it seems like they should - there's too little content for the number of smart people they have there. And nothing beats FBG's weekly tools - I'm surprised they've stood alone for so long with weekly projections and tools to leverage those projections in so many ways.

Agreed. I get that there's a "Get to know ya" portion of every single pod and video out there, but I barely have time to spend on scanning articles, much less listening to that stuff. I've gotten to the point that most of my fantasy info comes from twitter. I've curated my follows so that, for the most part, I've filtered out the accounts that always post super spicy takes, the folks who post fake news articles, and the ones who post nothing but "Who wore #32 better" garbage. Getting political (on either side) and begging for follows is an insta-unfollow as well. It's taken a good while to curate, but it works for me. The actual creators tend to be fluid as I enjoy interesting takes from folks who may be relatively new to content creation. They tend to come and go with regularity.

Other than Twitter, I appreciate the FBGs daily emails and site content and occasionally a FFL reddit forum (although that one blows hot and cold for me often).

The other one that grinds my gears is the “reveal at the end” format of YouTube clips.

“This player is going outside the top 20 WR and why that’s a mistake!”

They proceed to talk about said player’s attributes and situation for 10 mins and only at the end reveal who that player is.

Ok Hercule Poirot, thanks for the dramatic set-up. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread