Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Tampa Bay vs Green Bay -3.5 (52)*** Bucs vs Pack, Brady vs Rodgers, National Football Conference Championship Game

1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

"It only took one man"

-Bruce Arians referencing Tom Brady and his belief that this could be done, pushing the organization over the top. 

I'm sure whoever started for the Bucs last year would have done the same.

• Laughing 1
  • Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is where that Jordan Love draft pick should really pay off for the Pack.

I’ve advocated for years to use vanilla pudding on the goal line for situations like this. The ball would have had the pudding on it , no lengthy challenge delay

GB should have just gone for it on 4th down. The worst thing that happens is you don't make it and TB gets it inside their 10.  No matter what you have to make some big plays. That FG was gutless.....

3 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

I think Brady is the only guy not wearing a mask.  That's the TB12 method for you.

When you go to the crossroads and sell your soul to the Devil.  You don't give a "F" about Corona.  In fact I think if you were to drink TB12's urine it would cure cancer.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

When you go to the crossroads and sell your soul to the Devil.  You don't give a "F" about Corona.  In fact I think if you were to drink TB12's urine it would cure cancer.

At least I have that going for me.   And no posting during the national anthem you commie.  

• Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

Some jaw droppingly idiotic coaching decisions in this game. 

Lafluer goes for 3

Arians accepts the late intentional penalty. 

Pettine has no safety help for last play or the half and gives up a TD. 

Arians runs on first down nearly every single series of the 2nd half. 

Just horrible

Edited by kittenmittens
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I'm sure whoever started for the Bucs last year would have done the same.

TOM BRADY GETS PUSHED OUT THE BACK DOOR BY THE OVERRATED BELICHICK, PICKS THE LOSING FRANCHISE IN SPORTS HISTORY (THE SUCKANEERS) AND TAKES A 7-9 TEAM TO THE FIRST HOME-TEAM SUPER BOWL EVER ... AT AGE 43!

@RealSkipBayless

• Thinking 1
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

Game's not over and don't know why on earth people are saying that.

NFL wanted the Brady story, there was never really a doubt. That flag at the end was the kicker, especially sine right in the camera on the same play #78 Wirfs was holding worse than what King did.

AFC team stands no chance.

• Laughing 1
6 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Bring on Patrick.

Or Josh.

Doesn't particularly matter.

Aaron Rodgers is now 1-4 in NFC title games, and yet he's apparently "playing the game better than anybody".  What a joke.

It’s a team game and he outplayed Brady today.  He just didn’t do enough. Congrats Bucs fans

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Those tickets should be going pretty cheap.

A lot are are being given to healthcare workers iirc. Don’t know how many exactly, but it’s pretty cool. 

ETA: 7,500 per NBC

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

TOM BRADY GETS PUSHED OUT THE BACK DOOR BY THE OVERRATED BELICHICK, PICKS THE LOSING FRANCHISE IN SPORTS HISTORY (THE SUCKANEERS) AND TAKES A 7-9 TEAM TO THE FIRST HOME-TEAM SUPER BOWL EVER ... AT AGE 43!

@RealSkipBayless

Hyperbolic and misleading

nice work Skippy B

1 minute ago, Mr.Pack said:

NFL wanted the Brady story, there was never really a doubt. That flag at the end was the kicker, especially sine right in the camera on the same play #78 Wirfs was holding worse than what King did.

AFC team stands no chance.

Oh, without picking a fight, you guys just lost. Johnson had a shirt that was three yards behind his body from being grabbed. That was a good call. Was the call against Adams bad? I don't know. I think if I were a homer I'd be cheesed, but that was nothing compared to some other NFL games. Especially as a Packer fan. I mean, talk about getting calls.

• Thanks 2
Just now, Sam Quentin said:

Hyperbolic and misleading

nice work Skippy B

You expected different? Thank God SHIZ is here to provide us with Skip and maybe Stephen A. Smith's take.

21 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Rodgers just as much to blame by not trying to run it in on 3rd down.   Just a bad decision on his part.   He tried to make the hero throw rather than taking the yardage and giving them a 4th and short.   He really put the coach in a tough spot.   

Or a TD.  I think he had a great shot at getting in.  He probably wouldn't have been met by a tackler until the 1 yard line.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

2 big calls decided this game. The no call on TB db that led to an INT. And then the call at the end. Too bad cause it was a great game otherwise

Yes but defense did too...giving up that TD at the end of the first half...you cant let that happen on D.  Just cant.  
Rodgers throwing into coverage rather than running on third down on their last drive. (As well as the decisions to go for 2 in the 3rd quarter and to kick the FG late)

2 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Or a TD.  I think he had a great shot at getting in.  He probably wouldn't have been met by a tackler until the 1 yard line.

Quite possibly.  And then he could've done his cool championship belt celebration.   

13 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

2 big calls decided this game. The no call on TB db that led to an INT. And then the call at the end. Too bad cause it was a great game otherwise

Kevin Kings unbelievable brain fart at the end of the 1st half is what really cost them imo

1 minute ago, Pipes said:

Kevin Kings unbelievable brain fart at the end of the 1st half is what really cost them imo

Yet even with that it took the PI call at the end

2 minutes ago, Pipes said:

Among others for him. First TD was poorly done by him as well.  He had an awful day.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

Agreed, a little consistency would have been nice, but the offense went 3 and out after 2 Brady picks in the 4th Q today. The game was there for the taking and they failed to grab it. 

• Like 1
Just now, Alex P Keaton said:

Congrats MoP and other Bucs fans.  Exciting game.  The Bucs made more big offensive plays and deserved the win.

Congrats to Bucs fans. They made the plays when it counted and absolutely deserved the win.

going to take me a while to get over this loss.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Yes but defense did too...giving up that TD at the end of the first half...you cant let that happen on D.  Just cant.  
Rodgers throwing into coverage rather than running on third down on their last drive. (As well as the decisions to go for 2 in the 3rd quarter and to kick the FG late)

Defense also gave up a 52-yard jump ball when Savage already had position, which led to the 2nd TD.  Awful.

Just now, Alex P Keaton said:

Defense also gave up a 52-yard jump ball when Savage already had position, which led to the 2nd TD.  Awful.

Yeah. They did better in the 2nd half. But D early and 1st half offense killed them.

Nice season...frustrating loss.

• Like 2

Just a weird day for the Pack.  Rodgers with a couple of weird decisions, Davante dropping a TD he’s caught countless times this year, oline was trash today and a defense that had a couple unforgivable breakdowns.  Can’t do that in this big of a game

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

"It only took one man"

-Bruce Arians referencing Tom Brady and his belief that this could be done, pushing the organization over the top. 

"...instead of Jameis Winston."

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
1 hour ago, irish eyes said:

Another mind boggling decision.  Why are you kicking a fg with your horrible defense?

No ####, I just read LaFleur said that it was the right call because his Defense was playing well and he thought they'd get another shot.

No wonder Pettine is his D-Co

No ####, I just read LaFleur said that it was the right call because his Defense was playing well and he thought they'd get another shot.

When opposing coaches go up against Brady, brain farts are a common occurrence.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

It is mind boggling how bad coaches are at in-game decisions.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

What's funny is if the officials had called that 3rd down pass play like they had called the rest of the game, the Packers do get the ball back and do get another shot. Not defending the decision to kick the FG, but he was a very questionable flag (relative to how the rest of the game was called) away from being right. 

Edited by Ghost Rider
2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

No YOU come on.

Hulk Hogan was heard saying "Wow, you'd never catch ME stretching a shirt that far."

He was heard saying that all game. Consistent is a word the refereeing will not be labeled as today.

He was heard saying that all game. Consistent is a word the refereeing will not be labeled as today.

Sorry man. There's a difference between things that could be called and things that have to be called.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

No. Just no.

Usually you're way more level headed and don't show your Packer hate. It's cool though, still one of the good ones in my book.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Sorry man. There's a difference between things that could be called and things that have to be called.

Meh.  He tugged on his shirt, but that pass was 3 yards in front of him and a yard to high.  He still wouldn't have touched that football.  Could have easily said 'uncatchable'.

There was a 3rd down play earlier in the quarter where the WR was held twice (both beyond a yard from the line of scrimmage).  I thought that was a horrible non-call.

I don't have a horse in this race, but thought it was horribly officiated.  And favored TB.  I think there was an obvious block in the back on Gronks big 3rd down play that put TB into FG territory.  Gronk gets tackled for a 2 yard gain without that push.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Meh.  He tugged on his shirt, but that pass was 3 yards in front of him and a yard to high.  He still wouldn't have touched that football.  Could have easily said 'uncatchable'.

That was more than a tug, he completely slowed the WR.  So it doesn’t matter where the pass went.  But if it makes you feel better, switch the penalty to “Holding, defense.  First down.”

Was it just me or was there offensive holding on that blatant PI call that everyone is up in arms about?  Essentially it should have been offsetting penalties.  Not sure it would have mattered in the end but ####ty to have such a loosely called game end that way.