What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Tampa Bay vs Green Bay -3.5 (52)*** Bucs vs Pack, Brady vs Rodgers, National Football Conference Championship Game (1 Viewer)

Some jaw droppingly idiotic coaching decisions in this game. 

Lafluer goes for 3

Arians accepts the late intentional penalty. 

Pettine has no safety help for last play or the half and gives up a TD. 

Arians runs on first down nearly every single series of the 2nd half. 

Just horrible

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure whoever started for the Bucs last year would have done the same.
TOM BRADY GETS PUSHED OUT THE BACK DOOR BY THE OVERRATED BELICHICK, PICKS THE LOSING FRANCHISE IN SPORTS HISTORY (THE SUCKANEERS) AND TAKES A 7-9 TEAM TO THE FIRST HOME-TEAM SUPER BOWL EVER ... AT AGE 43!

@RealSkipBayless

Game's not over and don't know why on earth people are saying that.
NFL wanted the Brady story, there was never really a doubt. That flag at the end was the kicker, especially sine right in the camera on the same play #78 Wirfs was holding worse than what King did.

AFC team stands no chance.

TOM BRADY GETS PUSHED OUT THE BACK DOOR BY THE OVERRATED BELICHICK, PICKS THE LOSING FRANCHISE IN SPORTS HISTORY (THE SUCKANEERS) AND TAKES A 7-9 TEAM TO THE FIRST HOME-TEAM SUPER BOWL EVER ... AT AGE 43!

@RealSkipBayless
Hyperbolic and misleading

nice work Skippy B

NFL wanted the Brady story, there was never really a doubt. That flag at the end was the kicker, especially sine right in the camera on the same play #78 Wirfs was holding worse than what King did.

AFC team stands no chance.
Oh, without picking a fight, you guys just lost. Johnson had a shirt that was three yards behind his body from being grabbed. That was a good call. Was the call against Adams bad? I don't know. I think if I were a homer I'd be cheesed, but that was nothing compared to some other NFL games. Especially as a Packer fan. I mean, talk about getting calls.

Rodgers just as much to blame by not trying to run it in on 3rd down.   Just a bad decision on his part.   He tried to make the hero throw rather than taking the yardage and giving them a 4th and short.   He really put the coach in a tough spot.   
Or a TD.  I think he had a great shot at getting in.  He probably wouldn't have been met by a tackler until the 1 yard line.

2 big calls decided this game. The no call on TB db that led to an INT. And then the call at the end. Too bad cause it was a great game otherwise
Yes but defense did too...giving up that TD at the end of the first half...you cant let that happen on D.  Just cant.  
Rodgers throwing into coverage rather than running on third down on their last drive. (As well as the decisions to go for 2 in the 3rd quarter and to kick the FG late)

2 big calls decided this game. The no call on TB db that led to an INT. And then the call at the end. Too bad cause it was a great game otherwise
Kevin Kings unbelievable brain fart at the end of the 1st half is what really cost them imo

Agreed, a little consistency would have been nice, but the offense went 3 and out after 2 Brady picks in the 4th Q today. The game was there for the taking and they failed to grab it. 

Yes but defense did too...giving up that TD at the end of the first half...you cant let that happen on D.  Just cant.  
Rodgers throwing into coverage rather than running on third down on their last drive. (As well as the decisions to go for 2 in the 3rd quarter and to kick the FG late)
Defense also gave up a 52-yard jump ball when Savage already had position, which led to the 2nd TD.  Awful.

Just a weird day for the Pack.  Rodgers with a couple of weird decisions, Davante dropping a TD he’s caught countless times this year, oline was trash today and a defense that had a couple unforgivable breakdowns.  Can’t do that in this big of a game

Another mind boggling decision.  Why are you kicking a fg with your horrible defense?
No ####, I just read LaFleur said that it was the right call because his Defense was playing well and he thought they'd get another shot.

No wonder Pettine is his D-Co

No ####, I just read LaFleur said that it was the right call because his Defense was playing well and he thought they'd get another shot.

When opposing coaches go up against Brady, brain farts are a common occurrence.  

What's funny is if the officials had called that 3rd down pass play like they had called the rest of the game, the Packers do get the ball back and do get another shot. Not defending the decision to kick the FG, but he was a very questionable flag (relative to how the rest of the game was called) away from being right. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry man. There's a difference between things that could be called and things that have to be called.
Meh.  He tugged on his shirt, but that pass was 3 yards in front of him and a yard to high.  He still wouldn't have touched that football.  Could have easily said 'uncatchable'.

There was a 3rd down play earlier in the quarter where the WR was held twice (both beyond a yard from the line of scrimmage).  I thought that was a horrible non-call.

I don't have a horse in this race, but thought it was horribly officiated.  And favored TB.  I think there was an obvious block in the back on Gronks big 3rd down play that put TB into FG territory.  Gronk gets tackled for a 2 yard gain without that push.

Meh.  He tugged on his shirt, but that pass was 3 yards in front of him and a yard to high.  He still wouldn't have touched that football.  Could have easily said 'uncatchable'.
That was more than a tug, he completely slowed the WR.  So it doesn’t matter where the pass went.  But if it makes you feel better, switch the penalty to “Holding, defense.  First down.”

Was it just me or was there offensive holding on that blatant PI call that everyone is up in arms about?  Essentially it should have been offsetting penalties.  Not sure it would have mattered in the end but ####ty to have such a loosely called game end that way.

Users who are viewing this thread