What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Tampa Bay vs Green Bay -3.5 (52)*** Bucs vs Pack, Brady vs Rodgers, National Football Conference Championship Game (2 Viewers)

Bring on Patrick.

Or Josh.

Doesn't particularly matter.

Aaron Rodgers is now 1-4 in NFC title games, and yet he's apparently "playing the game better than anybody".  What a joke.
Yeah for him to get to only one Super Bowl from the NFC while Brady, Manning, Ben and now Mahomes are dominating the AFC isn’t that great. Same for Brees for that matter 

Meh.  He tugged on his shirt, but that pass was 3 yards in front of him and a yard to high.  He still wouldn't have touched that football.  Could have easily said 'uncatchable'.

There was a 3rd down play earlier in the quarter where the WR was held twice (both beyond a yard from the line of scrimmage).  I thought that was a horrible non-call.

I don't have a horse in this race, but thought it was horribly officiated.  And favored TB.  I think there was an obvious block in the back on Gronks big 3rd down play that put TB into FG territory.  Gronk gets tackled for a 2 yard gain without that push.
I was wondering the same thing if it could have been picked up for being uncatchable.  The 2 replays they showed really didn't give any depth to where the ball was compared to the players.  I suppose it was close enough as the Packers weren't waiving their hands over their heads.  Still, c'mon Fox!

When Green Bay set up for that late field goal:

Me: It's a fake. They're definitely not kicking it.

Person watching with me who doesn't follow football closely: No, they're obviously gonna kick it. They're setting up for the kick.

Me (condescending tone): Look, you don't understand. It makes no sense to kick it when they're right near the end zone, and they need a TD anyway, and there isn't much time...

(kicks ball)

Person: What were you saying?

Me: (leaves couch) I'm getting up. You want anything? 

That was more than a tug, he completely slowed the WR.  So it doesn’t matter where the pass went.  But if it makes you feel better, switch the penalty to “Holding, defense.  First down.”
There was no doubt it was a penalty.  But the fact they hadn't called any other penalty in the 4th quarter might make it a difficult pill to swallow for Packer fans.  And the other ones weren't ticky-tack either. They were definite missed calls.

You can look at the inconsistent calls that played a part. You can also look at two missed opportunities by Rodgers when he fixated on Adams, that ended up in FG's instead. You can look at the horrible defensive call with seconds left in the half by Pettine that ended up in a TD. One can point at Kevin King, and ask why he bothered to show up to work. Then LaFleur's decision not going for it on fourth down made no sense, but what do I know. If the plan was to use the two minute warning and 3 timeouts to stop TB, then why not try to score form the 8, and pin them deep if you miss? Brady spit up 3 picks, and you only get 6 point to show for it. The game was there for the taking, and it will be a bitter pill to digest all off season.

Tom Brady was a loose cannon in this game. His interceptions were aiken to punts where with a lead he gave his guy a chance to make a play. I think at this point Brady is fully embracing "throw it up" football knowing he has a defense that can bail him out.

That Touchdown to Scotty Miller is the stuff we all wish our favorite team's Quarterbacks pulled off.

CFB Sicko said:
Tom Brady was a loose cannon in this game. His interceptions were aiken to punts where with a lead he gave his guy a chance to make a play. I think at this point Brady is fully embracing "throw it up" football knowing he has a defense that can bail him out.

That Touchdown to Scotty Miller is the stuff we all wish our favorite team's Quarterbacks pulled off.
The two jump balls were similar to punts.  That seam to Evans that went off his hands would have been a TD or very close.  Still feel like he should have gone up for it to catch it, but Brady definitely overthrew it.  

Users who are viewing this thread