What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2022 NFL Draft Class (2 Viewers)

2022 NFL Draft Positional Previews: Wide Receiver

After two classes that have been dubbed ‘historic’ the 2022 class at wide receiver looks to be a return to normalcy without as much high-end talent as past classes had. College football playoff standout Chris Olave returns to Buckeyes without quarterback Justin Fields. The skinny separator will try to pick up where he left off in January. His running mate Garrett Wilson is draft-eligible for the first time and has drawn comparisons to Jerry Jeudy in the past. His route running prowess and explosiveness will be highly coveted by teams. Staying in the Big10, Purdue’s David Bell is a physical receiver who will take over lead receiving duties from Rondale Moore. Projected first-round pick George Pickens tore his ACL in the spring, putting question marks around his draft stock. Another wideout who has suffered injuries is Justyn Ross who returns to Clemson after dealing with a spinal injury in 2020. Other names to watch are the explosive Jahan Dotson of Penn State and dynamic deep-threat Romeo Doubs, catching passes from Carson Strong at Nevada. 

2022 NFL Draft Positional Previews: Running Back

Running backs seem to have been devalued in the modern NFL but having capable backs can still make a difference. At first glance, the 2022 class offers a lot more size than the 2021 class after Harris and Williams. Zamir White is the lead back for the physical running attack of the Georgia Bulldogs. He has improved consistently over his college career and will be appealing to teams wanting to get their backs north and south. Cyclone starter Breece Hall was a Heisman candidate for a successful Iowa State team that relied on him to convert well over 20 touches per game into production. Kyren Williams ran behind a prolific line in 2020 that will need some reshuffling with four starters declaring for the NFL Draft. His explosiveness and pass blocking prowess are undeniable. Coming off of a 1,000-yard season, Isaiah Spiller looks to continue carrying the load for an Aggies team that will again be dangerous in the SEC east. The 2022 class of running backs runs deep with talent and is still wide open at the top with it not being clear who will be the top draft pick. 

2022 NFL Draft Positional Previews: Tight End

The 2021 tight end class was highly anticipated at this time last year but injuries for top prospects and many coming back to school, caused it to be fairly thin behind projected top ten pick Kyle Pitts. Draft eligible juniors and seniors returning helps out a 2022 crop that seems to offer a lot more depth. Iowa State’s Charlie Kolar, being one of the returnees, offers size and receiving ability at the position. One of the best run-blocking tight ends in the nation is Wisconsin Badger Jake Ferguson who hopes to be more productive as a receiver in 2021. College football playoff standout Jeremy Ruckert hopes to continue right where he left off for the Buckeyes who have a loaded receiver room coming back but could downgrade at quarterback. The most promising of the group is Texas A&M’s Jalen Wydermyer who was the favorite target of Kellen Mond on a successful Aggies squad. It looks unlikely that there will be a blue-chip prospect like Pitts in this class but the tier below looks stacked.

In his initial 2022 mock draft, The Athletic's Dane Brugler projected the Houston Texans to select Oklahoma redshirt freshman QB Spencer Rattler with the No. 1 overall pick.

In the majority of early 2022 mocks put up since draft festivities ended in Cleveland on Saturday, it's been either Rattler or UNC QB Sam Howell -- whom Brugler slots in with the Lions at No. 2 -- on top of the mountain. Another early trend we're seeing, one epitomized by Brugler's mock, is a lack of receivers in the top-10. Brugler's first, Ohio State's Garrett WIlson, does not get slotted in until pick No. 16 with the Titans. And while the analyst does ultimately mock five wideouts into the first round, here, three do not come until after pick No. 28. Suffice it to say, there is no Ja'Marr Chase in this receivers group. 

SOURCE: The Athletic

May 4, 2021, 1:55 PM ET

In his first 2022 mock draft, EPSN's Todd McShay projected the Denver Broncos to select Oklahoma redshirt freshman QB Spencer Rattler with the No. 11 pick.

McShay bucks trend throughout this mock. His first quarterback off the board is neither Rattler nor UNC's Sam Howell, but rather USC's Kedon Slovis -- whom he pegs to the Lions all the way up at the No. 2 selection. Howell doesn't come off the board in this mock until pick No. 7, to the Eagles, while Rattler has to wait it out until No. 11 (much like Justin Fields on Thursday). McShay sees two other quarterbacks being selected on Day 1 in this mock, with WFT selecting Liberty's Malik Willis at No. 15 and the Steelers selecting Cincinnati QB Desmond Ridder one pick later.

SOURCE: ESPN Plus

May 6, 2021, 1:38 PM ET

In his first 2022 mock draft, ESPN's Todd McShay projected the Houston Texans to select Oregon sophomore EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux with the No. 1 pick.

Most too-early mocks put out this week have had either Oklahoma QB Spencer Rattler or North Carolina QB Sam Howell as the No. 1 selection. McShay taking it in a slightly different direction, here. Writes the longtime ESPN analyst, "Following J.J. Watt's exit, the Texans could use a player with Thibodeaux's high-end traits to jump-start their defense in their rebuild." McShay notes that the 6-foot-5, 250-pound Oregon standout has generated pressure on a hearty 13.5 percent of his pass-rush snaps since signing with the Ducks two years back. Thibodeaux may or may not be able to jump the top quarterbacks in this class, but even if he can't, he will still be a strong contender to land as a top-five selection in next spring's draft should he declare down the road.

SOURCE: ESPN Plus

May 6, 2021, 1:31 PM ET

Got any links? I need to get up to speed.
Kind of busy at the moment, but I will list some players from each class that should help.  Some may not come out, or I could be wrong on one or two as far as eligibility for NFL draft, but i think I'm correct.

QB - Spencer Rattler, Sam Howell, Kedon Slovis, Desmond Ridder, Matt Corral

RBs - Breece Hall, Isiah Spiller, Kevin Harris, Kyren Williams, Zamir White ,Mo Ibrahim, Master Teague, Brian Robinison

WRs - David Bell, Treylon Burks, Garrett Wilson, George Pickens, Justyn Ross, Chris Olave, John Metchie, Jadon Haselwood, Drake London

QBs - DJ Uiagalele, Bryce Young

RBs - Bjian Robiinson, Tank Bigsby, Jahmyr Gibbs, Zach Evans, Kendall Milton, Demarkcus Bowman, Seth McGowan

WRs - Keyshon Boutte, Jackson Smith-Nijiba (sp?), Rakim Jarrett, Julian Fleming, Marvin Mims, Demond Demas

TE - Arik Gilbert 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of busy at the moment, but I will list some players from each class that should help.  Some may not come out, or I could be wrong on one or two as far as eligibility for NFL draft, but i think I'm correct.

QB - Spencer Rattler, Sam Howell, Kedon Slovis, Desmond Ridder, Matt Corral

RBs - Breece Hall, Isiah Spiller, Kevin Harris, Kyren Williams, Zamir White ,Mo Ibrahim, Master Teague, Brian Robinison

WRs - David Bell, Treylon Burks, Garrett Wilson, George Pickens, Justyn Ross, Chris Olave, John Metchie, Jadon Haselwood, Drake London

QBs - DJ Uiagalele, Bryce Young

RBs - Bjian Robiinson, Tank Bigsby, Jahmyr Gibbs, Zach Evans, Kendall Milton, Demarkcus Bowman, Seth McGowan

WRs - Keyshon Boutte, Jackson Smith-Nijiba (sp?), Rakim Jarrett, Julian Fleming, Marvin Mims, Demond Demas

TE - Arik Gilbert 
2023, TE, I'd add Michael Mayer, Notre Dame

Fantasy relevant players in two different round one mocks:

McShay:

QB: Slovis (2), Howell (7), Rattler (11), Willis (15), Ridder (16)

RB: Spiller(31)

WR: Olave (11), Pickens (19), Metchie (22), Garrett Wilson (23)

TE: Wydermeyer (21)

Dane Brugler:

QB: Rattler (1), Howell(2), Willis (6), JT Daniels (10), Jurkovec (15)

RB: :sadbanana:

WR: Wilson (16), Burks (18), Metchie (29), Olave(30), Ross (32)

TE: ☹️

2022 looks good for QBs (Rattler, Howell, Slovis, Ridder) and WRs (Pickens, Burks, Wilson, Ross,  Olave,London,  Metchie).  RBs has a couple at the top (Hall, Spiller) and several a tier lower (Harris, Williams, White). Generally I can't get excited about TEs.  No Pitts in next year's draft.  I guess the next guy to get excited about is Gilbert.

JohnnyU said:
2022 looks good for QBs (Rattler, Howell, Young, Ridder) and WRs (Pickens, Burks, Wilson, Ross,  Olave,London,  Metchie).  RBs has a couple at the top (Hall, Spiller) and several a tier lower (Harris, Williams, White). Generally I can't get excited about TEs.  No Pitts in next year's draft.  I guess the next guy to get excited about is Gilbert.
As is, Ridder is not NFL caliber. And who is Young?

As is, Ridder is not NFL caliber. And who is Young?
Bryce Young, but he isn't eligible until 2023.  I'll remove him from the other post and add Slovis, who I meant to include initially.  As for Ridder, I think you will find out you're wrong, but i could be wrong too.

Bryce Young, but he isn't eligible until 2023.  I'll remove him from the other post and add Slovis, who I meant to include initially.  As for Ridder, I think you will find out you're wrong, but i could be wrong too.
I am very confident about who I think he is now. Always keep an open mind about what one can become though. Slovis fits a similar bill, but I don't feel as strongly about him now as I do Ridder.

Users who are viewing this thread