What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2022 NFL Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Faust

MVP
Directory of Player Threads:

Dynasty: QB Sam Howell, North Carolina

Dynasty: QB Malik Willis - Liberty Flames

Dynasty: QB Matt Corral, Ole Miss

Dynasty: QB Kedon Slovis, USC

College QB Carson Strong, Nevada

College QB Kenny Pickett, Pitt

College QB Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati

Dynasty: RB Zamir White, Georgia

Dynasty: RB Master Teague, tOSU

Dynasty: RB CJ Verdell, Oregon

Dynasty: RB Isaiah Spiller, Texas A&M

Dynasty: RB Breece Hall, Iowa State

College RB Kenneth Walker III - Michigan St.

College RB Lew Nichols III / Central Michigan University

College RB Dameon Pierce, Florida

College RB Kennedy Brooks, Oklahoma

College RB Kyren Williams, Notre Dame

College RB Rachaad White, Arizona State

College RB James Cook, Georgia

College RB Brian Robinson Jr. - Alabama

College RB Tyler Allgeier, BYU

College RB Jerome Ford, Cincinnati Bearcats

College RB Pierre Strong Jr, S Dakota St

College RB Kevin Harris, South Carolina

College RB Keaontay Ingram, USC

Dynasty: WR Chris Olave, Ohio State

Dynasty / Devy: George Pickens WR Georgia

Dynasty: WR Treylon Burks, Arkansas

Dynasty: Ohio State WR Garrett Wilson

Dynasty: WR Drake London, USC

College WR David Bell, Purdue

College WR John Metchie, Alabama

College WR Jahan Dotson, Penn State

College WR Jameson Williams, Alabama

Justyn Ross WR Clemson

College WR Alec Pierce, Cincinnati

College WR Christian Watson, NDSU

College WR Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama

College TE Trey McBride, Colorado State

College TE Jalen Wydermeyer, Texas A&M

College TE Jelani Woods, Virginia

College TE Isaiah Likely, Coastal Carolina

College TE Greg Dulcich, UCLA

Last edited by a moderator:
Have been paying attention to this because, well, natch. George Pickens at WR for Georgia just looks like another level out there. IIRC, he's got great height and speed for a wideout that size. Weighs in at about 200 though. Might need to put on muscle for that 6'5" frame. But still, very intriguing.

yup yup

I also kind of hate to say this but the 2022 class of WR's looks absolutely dominant. The more I dive into future years, the more I realize I need to get rid of mediocre talented players on their ascension. 
The problem with the wr class may be the rb, qb, and te classes. None of them look good, so the wr well may run dry quicker than '20 and '21. The cliff last year didn't hit til round 3 and the same may be true this year. Next? Is before the end of round 1 a possibility? 

Is RB next year really that bad? I thought Hall, Spiller, and Harris look pretty good, and Kyren Williams (depending on size).  There are also a couple highly ranked RB recruits that are likely starting next year and still may pop (Trey Sanders, Charbonnett, Harold Joiner). 

2023 looks better, but I might take the 22 RBs over 21 RBs. 

I wouldn’t.
Harris and Etienne are probably better prospects, but they are also older. Them being 23.5 and 22.5 when they first play takes a bit out of their value for me in dynasty. Next year's class looks like it has more RBs with 3 down potential to me. 

3 of my favorite sleeper's next year would be Zonovan Knight, Sincere McCormick and Kenneth Walker III. They're not top names at all, but they're solid and could elevate. I think Zonovan and Sincere are 2022 eligible if I'm remembering right. 

The 2022 FF rookie class looks absolutely horrendous at this stage.  Of course some guys will emerge, but oof.  
Not true for QBs and WRs.  Not so great for RBs beyond a couple.  Not sure about TEs yet, as I haven't researched the 2022 TEs.

Not true for QBs and WRs.  Not so great for RBs beyond a couple.  Not sure about TEs yet, as I haven't researched the 2022 TEs.
You're right, but rookie QB's are rarely valued highly in rookie drafts.  Even Lawrence is being looked at as a mid 1st in rookie drafts and he's considered as best QB prospect since Luck.

WR's are pretty deep, but when Olave is considered a top WR in the class is that really considered strong?  It may have some depth but the top notch talent isn't there.

You're right, but rookie QB's are rarely valued highly in rookie drafts.  Even Lawrence is being looked at as a mid 1st in rookie drafts and he's considered as best QB prospect since Luck.

WR's are pretty deep, but when Olave is considered a top WR in the class is that really considered strong?  It may have some depth but the top notch talent isn't there.
Only MSM take the lazy approach and look at Olave as the top WR.  Most of the fantasy community see David Bell, Treylon Burks, George Pickens, and Garrett Wilson all being better than Olave.  I would argue at least 3 of the four being top NFL WR #1s and possibly all 4.  Olave, not so much IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Georgia sophomore WR George Pickens tore his right ACL on Tuesday.

Pickens (6'3/200) sustained the bummer knee injury during noncontact work in Tuesday's practice. Per UGA HC Kirby Smart, the damage does not extend beyond the ACL. Still, a long road lays ahead for the sophomore wideout. Pickens will undergo surgery to repair the injury concern. At this early juncture, there is no timetable for his return to football activities, but just given the general recovery times on these kinds of injuries, it's very possible that Pickens ends up missing some time at the beginning of the coming fall campaign. We should have a much better idea as to his recovery track once we're a little closer to August camp. Over his first two years of collegiate ball, Pickens has logged an 85-1240-14 receiving line in total. He is one of the best up-and-coming receivers in the SEC and any games missed would be a blow to a Georgia team still looking to make it over the hump.

SOURCE: Marc Weiszer on Twitter

Mar 24, 2021, 12:09 PM ET

Pickens will, but wasn't Ross' injury career threatening?  
It was, but apparently he's on the mend trying to work his way back. He wants to return for his 4th year, although there's lots of hurdles I imagine. Both are just guys I'm rooting for. 

I read somewhere the plan was to have him for Spring and test him out. 

Pickens will, but wasn't Ross' injury career threatening?  
Yes. Ross' injury is about his spine, if I'm not mistaken. He had a congenital fusion of the spine, which means that he has two vertebrae fused together naturally. That's not a good thing, apparently.

It was, but apparently he's on the mend trying to work his way back. He wants to return for his 4th year, although there's lots of hurdles I imagine. Both are just guys I'm rooting for. 

I read somewhere the plan was to have him for Spring and test him out. 
I wish Ross well in his recovery and hopefully an NFL career.

ESPN's Bill Connelly ranked North Carolina sophomore QB Sam Howell as the No. 1 deep-ball thrower for the 2021 season. 

The criteria for Connelly's consideration was a minimum of 10 passes with 20 or more air yards. He relays several stats to back up his assertion on Howell, noting that the UNC star averaged 42 yards per deep-ball completion this past fall while completing 45 percent of those rocket launches. In order behind Howell, Connelly slots Arkansas State's Layne Hatcher, Ole Miss' Matt Corral, Western Michigan's Kaleb Eleby and Kent State's Dustin Crum as the Nos. 2-5 deep-ball artists in the college game. For his part, the 6-foot-1, 225-pound Howell should be considered a true threat for the Heisman Trophy this coming season, as the deck has been cleared considerably with recent contenders for the award such as Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Najee Harris, Ja'Marr Chase and DeVonta Smith heading off to the NFL.

SOURCE: ESPN Plus

Apr 7, 2021, 1:37 PM ET

Those RBs are ugly, but I would have Hall #1, not Spiller.  The WRs got worse with Pickens' injury and no way would I put Olave #1.  Burks is too low.  The QBs look strong however.
Yeah I am pretty bullish on Breece Hall, he seems close to the total package

Users who are viewing this thread