What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Super Bowl LV Thread *** Kansas City Chiefs (-3) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (O/U 56) (2 Viewers)

Well, we have another crack at it. Gonna be tough to beat Brady at home twice in the same season.

Edge = Tampa Bay.  And that D is tough. They will have a chip on their shoulder.

Chiefs will be lucky to repeat.

Well, we have another crack at it. Gonna be tough to beat Brady at home twice in the same season.

Edge = Tampa Bay.  And that D is tough. They will have a chip on their shoulder.

Chiefs will be lucky to repeat.
The Chiefs defense shut down a hot Bills offense. They should be able to put pressure on an immobile Brady.

I'll be rooting for the Chiefs now that the Bills are out.  Mahomes is the kind of player who I just can't help but love -- he obviously loves the game and how can I not root for that guy.
I am the opposite. He comes across as someone who has never known anything but success in his life. The “typical” hero story is that there is a struggle or setback and the hero overcomes it.  I want to see my heroes be human and then rise above....everything about this guy seems super human. 

On the other hand is Brady....sooooo....how do we make this game end in a tie?

I am the opposite. He comes across as someone who has never known anything but success in his life. The “typical” hero story is that there is a struggle or setback and the hero overcomes it.  I want to see my heroes be human and then rise above....everything about this guy seems super human. 

On the other hand is Brady....sooooo....how do we make this game end in a tie?

?.....what specifically makes him "come across this way"....has he not worked for his accomplishments...?....its his "fault" he is talented....he works his ### off....this isnt a hero Hallmark movie....its the NFL....

?.....what specifically makes him "come across this way"....has he not worked for his accomplishments...?....its his "fault" he is talented....he works his ### off....this isnt a hero Hallmark movie....its the NFL....
Same can be said for Brady, no? Takes a lot of work to be in that kind of shape at 43. 

You say "how can I not root for that guy" regarding Mahomes, but many folks don't root for Brady. And it's probably because Super Bowls seem to come easy for him. No team (aside from Brady's New England) has as many appearances as he has, and we're talking about teams that have been around all 55 years of the SB era. 

Not saying Mahomes isn't a guy worth rooting for. He definitely is. I'm saying Duff's argument that things seem to come easy for him without much struggle makes sense, considering that's probably the very reason why so many people hate Brady. This year's Super Bowl features two QBs whose resumes are almost superhuman for this point in their respective careers. 

Bucs started the season 6-2, went on a little 1-3 run that ended with a 27-24 loss to Kansas City at home in Raymond James Stadium back on Nov 29th...

Since then the Bucs are 7-0 and will look to cap it off in the Super Bowl with a rematch of Week 12. 

Bucs started the season 6-2, went on a little 1-3 run that ended with a 27-24 loss to Kansas City at home in Raymond James Stadium back on Nov 29th...

Since then the Bucs are 7-0 and will look to cap it off in the Super Bowl with a rematch of Week 12. 
That 27-24 game was nowhere near as close as it sounds, IIRC. IIRC, Tyreek Hill had like 200 yards or something in the first quarter or so.

What makes him come across as someone who has known nothing but success:

- Son of a professional athlete

- MVP his first season, Super Bowl the next

- has never not made it to the AFC championship 

To me it is a more interesting story to see him fail and see how he responds to that, than continue achieving super human results.

For example, Tiger’s comeback was far more interesting to me than his initial run of success. 

Ivan said he can’t help but love and root for Mahomes  I said I was the opposite.  I didn’t say he didn’t work hard or that it was his “fault” that he had success, I am just not cheering for more.

Can the Bucs get pressure on and contain Mahomes with both their tackles out?  I don't know how you stop them with coverage. 

Can the Bucs get pressure on and contain Mahomes with both their tackles out?  I don't know how you stop them with coverage. 
Yeah, they will. The question will be how do the Chiefs combat that. If anyone can scheme around it it's Andy Reid, but it probably means leaving another tight end in to help. Which means one less weapon out in the patterns.

Should be interesting to see how both teams handle it. 

Grahamburn said:
I think we are gonna see a ton of designed roll outs where they move the pocket and play to Mahomes strength of making plays on the move a little....they won't leave him as a sitting duck in the "traditional" pocket.....even if the tackles were healthy that wouldn't be a good idea against that rush....

I think we are gonna see a ton of designed roll outs where they move the pocket and play to Mahomes strength of making plays on the move a little....they won't leave him as a sitting duck in the "traditional" pocket.....even if the tackles were healthy that wouldn't be a good idea against that rush....
Yes, but also, Devin White 

You could see the difference Vea's presence made for JPP and Shaq.  Then send White after him with Green Dog rules.  Only way to beat Mahomes is to put him on the ground.
Yea Vea collapsing that pocket made it easy pickings for Shaq and JPP. Not sure the Bucs win if Vita doesn’t play. 

Chiefs are going to be rolling into the SB with four backup OL now. This is most likely their starting lineup:

LT - Mike Remmers (hasn't played LT since 2016)
LG - Nick Allegretti (7th round pick)
C - Austin Reiter (7th round pick)
RG - Stefen Wisniewsky (Cut by the Steelers two months ago)
RT - Andrew Wiley (UDFA guard)

Not great! 

He should be good to go in 2 weeks? Winfield and the other Safety? Those are the injuries or health concerns I am most interested in. 
I think Winfield will be fine.  We don't know yet on Whitehead.  Could have been a separated shoulder.  Mike Edwards is a good player though.  He played well yesterday.  Adams, however, did not. 

I think Winfield will be fine.  We don't know yet on Whitehead.  Could have been a separated shoulder.  Mike Edwards is a good player though.  He played well yesterday.  Adams, however, did not. 
Adams was lost which is inexcusable really for a guy that’s been with the team for so long. 

I know everybody loves Winfield (rightfully so) but there is no drop off between him and Edwards. 

Don't know where to really put this, and usually don't post Twitter feeds, but this seems relevant.

Field Yates

@FieldYates

Over just the past 4 drafts, Jason Licht has added: Chris Godwin, Devin White, Tristan Wirfs, Ronald Jones, Vita Vea, Antoine Winfield, Jr., Carlton Davis, Sean Murphy-Bunting, Alex Cappa, Jordan Whitehead, Scotty Miller, Jamel Dean, Mike Edwards, Tyler Johnson. Quite a run

The Duff Man said:
What makes him come across as someone who has known nothing but success:

- Son of a professional athlete

- MVP his first season, Super Bowl the next

- has never not made it to the AFC championship 

To me it is a more interesting story to see him fail and see how he responds to that, than continue achieving super human results.

For example, Tiger’s comeback was far more interesting to me than his initial run of success. 

Ivan said he can’t help but love and root for Mahomes  I said I was the opposite.  I didn’t say he didn’t work hard or that it was his “fault” that he had success, I am just not cheering for more.
Imagine how you would feel if Dee Ford didn't line up offsides in the playoff game Jan20/2019. Mahomes would now be entering his 3rd SB appearance in his first 3 years as a starter. 

The Buccaneers have the better pass rush and therefore will win the game, imo. Tom Brady the little weasel has been able to cast himself as the underdog AGAIN and he's going to "shock the world" when some 4th quarter heroics crowns Brady his 7th Super Bowl title.

That Buccanneers defense is flying around and anyway you shake it, the Buccanneers are technically a "home dog" and that's a situation we love even when we're not backing Brady ins the SB.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he's "not optimistic" RT Mitchell Schwartz (back) will be available for Super Bowl LV.

It's uninspiring news after the Chiefs lost LT Eric Fisher with an Achilles' injury in Sunday's win over the Bills. Kansas City has plugged holes up front with Mike Remmers, Andrew Wylie and Nick Allegretti to this point and will likely be forced to continue doing so with Schwartz eyeing another absence for the Super Bowl. Wylie, an undrafted free agent guard, will continue replacing Schwartz in Tampa Bay.

SOURCE: Nate Taylor on Twitter

Jan 25, 2021, 1:43 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread