Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL Super Bowl LV Thread *** Kansas City Chiefs (-3) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (O/U 56)

1 minute ago, The Frankman said:

/middle aged men who never heard of The Weeknd before

I'm a middle aged man who didn't know much about him, but was expecting something pretty compelling. Based on interviews, etc, I was expecting some sort of social message, an artistic presentation, a story. Not so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Gotta admit, I never heard anything from The Weeknd other than “Blinding Lights”, but I’m impressed.

He's been performing for a decade, a lot a good songs but to most people his first "mainstream" hit was Starboy (2017?)

1 minute ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

I'm a middle aged man who didn't know much about him, but was expecting something pretty compelling. Based on interviews, etc, I was expecting some sort of social message, an artistic presentation, a story. Not so.

Yeah I don't think that was going to happen during a SuperBowl, NFL would have frowned on that.

Edited by The Frankman

1 minute ago, gianmarco said:

I don't ever really complain about SB halftime shows. It's virtually impossible to find someone that appeals to everyone. And I don't mind the newer artists since I listen to this music anyway due to having young girls I drive around regularly.

This was easily the worst HT show I've seen and just a poor selection overall.

I blame covid and the refs...

Just now, Ministry of Pain said:

Those ladies run a tight ship, I can't believe anyone has a problem with any of these calls, they've all been blatant.

They’ve also been very one sided, Kelse has had 2 catches with guys already all over him and no laundry on the field

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, barackdhouse said:

I feel the same way about defenders that do the half ### swipe at James Harden lay ups as he blows by them. It isn't a hard or bad foul. It is just monumentally stupid. And should be punished. 

Absolutely hate that in basketball, especially in pro hoops. I guess that it's a reaction that they can't control. Otherwise, every foul would be hard and bring about a shoving match. That's also sort of to blame, that the guys hate taking a foul that impedes their progress and get upset about it.

But your basic point stands in my book.

https://twitter.com/rickgosselin9/status/1358543911044669441?s=10

For all those #####ing about the refs, this crew has already reffed 2 Chiefs games this year and called double digit penalties both times.

They don't tolerate the grabbing that other crews do and they already set that precedent. The Chiefs had to know this.

Blame the coaching staff for not making sure they adjust and play more straight up, honest defense. 

• Like 2

I like The Weeknd, Blinding Lights is a great song. :shrug:

Seems we forget every year that the halftime show hasn’t been about appealing to football fans for a long time. It’s about the casual fans, wives and international audience.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Make up for not calling his straight up punch 2 weeks ago. Guarantee the refs were told to watch him closely despite the NFL not even fining him for punching Feliciano in the head.

You can't call a make-up call against another team... 

Just now, rockaction said:

Used to be I'd be so drunk by this time that I'd forget what happened the rest of the game until everybody talked about it the next day. Those days...gone so far, thankfully.

Halftime show usually was the time we fired up a fresh round of beer pong in my younger days!

• Like 1

Just now, Buckna said:

I like The Weeknd, Blinding Lights is a great song. :shrug:

Seems we forget every year that the halftime show hasn’t been about appealing to football fans for a long time. It’s about the casual fans, wives and international audience.

He's not even that famous internationally and most international people aren't into the poppy/hip hop acts. A lot of europeans are into heavier music overall. Northeastern European countries like Sweden/Finland/Norway/etc metal bands reach the top 100 mainstream as much if not more then the pop bands. The US overall doesn't realize how much different culturally music wise the rest of the world is compared to us. They all think these countries all listen to our music when some of these countries don't understand why that garbage is so popular here. 

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Used to be I'd be so drunk by this time that I'd forget what happened the rest of the game until everybody talked about it the next day. Those days...gone so far, thankfully.

Hey man... I’m damned in that wheelhouse

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Buckna said:

Halftime show usually was the time we fired up a fresh round of beer pong in my younger days!

Yep. I can certainly remember that.

Anyway, sorry for that interlude, everybody. Just something that crossed my mind as I'm watching.

• Like 1