Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL Super Bowl LV Thread *** Kansas City Chiefs (-3) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (O/U 56)

Just now, 3 hour lunch said:

Does everyone in New England feel like they caught their trophy wife getting bent over a pool table or what?

Nope.  A small twinge of irriation at TB12 as he's partially implicated in the salary cap woes and skill position deficit of the current situation in Foxboro, but his leaving was not hard calculus.  Mostly happy for him.  

Would like to see a Sam Darnold led Patriots squad beat him next year though.  😉

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brady 3 tds and Gronkowski gets the first female NFL ref pregnant at halftime 

First promo pic of Brady vs Mahomes

There’s a joke here somewhere but I can’t quite put my finger on it. 

Bruce Arians...I hope people remember when he stepped in for the Coach in Indy when he had cancer or something similar. I have a lot of respect for how he does things shooting from the hip, happy that the Bucs are talking about coming back, figured this was a 1 year rental but it looks like they want to try again. 

Brady is going to ride into 45 in his sleep. I turn 47 in April and I feel ancient compared to him, my gawd!

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

White had 12 total tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 1 pass defensed, and an INT. He had a massive impact on the game.

Brady did was he had to do and had 3 TDs, but had just 201 yards passing. TB’s defense absolutely won this game and White was the biggest reason why.

He controlled the entire game...doesn’t matter...I’m not the biggest Brady fan but i’d Give it to him in spades....if you lost money that sucks....

12 minutes ago, Johnny Utah #9 said:

Never have more TVs been turned off quicker than when JB signed off and pitched it to The Equalizer.

Not sure if you heard but it stars

<,checks notes>

yep, still Queen Latifah 

• Laughing 5
4 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Bruce Arians...I hope people remember when he stepped in for the Coach in Indy when he had cancer or something similar. I have a lot of respect for how he does things shooting from the hip, happy that the Bucs are talking about coming back, figured this was a 1 year rental but it looks like they want to try again. 

Brady is going to ride into 45 in his sleep. I turn 47 in April and I feel ancient compared to him, my gawd!

Arians won coach of the year in Indy and in AZ.

Truly underrated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

It’s a shame they don’t have any fans. :lmao:

Actually the size of the fan base fits the size of the market. A waiting list for season tickets through the late 90’s and early 00’s, an average sized Championship market...better than the Rays or Lightning...Tampa is a Bucs town.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Shatner! said:

Dropped out of the thread as fell behind watching toward the end.

KC online was horrendous. Nobody is going to win playing behind that trash heap.

They were bad, his receivers were dropping balls, the defense couldn't stop TB. Mohomes was the only player on that team in super bowl gear.

1 minute ago, Green and Gold said:

They were bad, his receivers were dropping balls, the defense couldn't stop TB. Mohomes was the only player on that team in super bowl gear.

I don't know. Hill and Kelce each had a drop but still got gameplanned away, with Kelce having a reasonable game. The Bucs were going to make Hardman and Robinson and Edwards-Helaire beat them, and they couldn't behind that line.

• Like 1

And look at Godwin and Evans's stat lines. If you told me they would have those lines and score 31 points, I would have said you were nuts. They got gameplanned away too, and Gronk and Fournette and Jones made them pay.

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

It was still a game at half

Several 80s Super Bowls can't say that especially the Bears drumming the Pats 55-10. A DL was MVP and it was most known for which Bear did NOT score 

It was 46 to 10 not 55 to 10. And the outburst actually came in the 3rd quarter. It was 44 to 3 in the 4th when Buddy Ryan put in the 3rd string D. And Walter actually had a ton of chances to score in that game despite the attention about the Fridge scoring on that one play. 

The TB coaching staff gameplanned (and adjusted during the game) close to perfectly.

KCs, not so much.

Edited by identikit
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

And look at Godwin and Evans's stat lines. If you told me they would have those lines and score 31 points, I would have said you were nuts. They got gameplanned away too, and Gronk and Fournette and Jones made them pay.

It probably does come down to line play, and some bad coaching. The timeout at the end of the half and the lack of quick plays to make up for the online deficiencies jump to mind.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

It was 46 to 10 not 55 to 10. And the outburst actually came in the 3rd quarter. It was 44 to 3 in the 4th when Buddy Ryan put in the 3rd string D. And Walter actually had a ton of chances to score in that game despite the attention about the Fridge scoring on that one play. 

55-10 was the infamous SF/Denver rout that was over within a quarter and a half, IIRC.

• Like 1

I'll give Brady and Tampa Bay their due. They outplayed KC tonight. But what did Brady really do to deserve game MVP? His scores were all set up by short fields. The entire D deserves the MVP award really, but seems like they took the easy way out by not being able to name one individual on defense and just gave it to Tom. Really if I was going to give it to an offensive player I might have gone with Gronk. 

The true MVP was probably the refs. Tampa outplayed KC but the ref help played a big part setting it up. Who knows if it would have been the blowout it was if some of those calls didn't go Tampa's way. I'd also give a special MVP award to Reid for his coaching blunders, especially calling those timeouts on defense at the end of the first half. Couldn't believe he did that; you were probably going into halftime down one score if you just let the clock run. It's not the first time Reid's choked in the playoffs, either. And no, I'm not an Eagles fan!

• Like 3

Sorry if it was discussed already but I can't help but think the situation with Reid's son impacted the Chiefs, impacted Reid. That's an extremely serious situation and the Chiefs just felt a little flat, and out coached specifically with the offensive game plan. Everyone knew the Chiefs OL was in shambles and they'd face significant pressure, especially on the edges and they also knew that Tampa would do everything it could to take Tyreek out of game. Seems like a game plan predicated on a lot of quicker throws would have been ideal instead of Mahomes back pedaling all day trying to make big plays.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, GroveDiesel said:

Gretzky has more assists than anyone else has assists+goals. He has about 50% more points than the #2 all time. He has about 10% more goals than the #2 all time. Brady is making it a closer and closer case, but Gretzky was so freaking dominant it’s crazy. And Gretzky did it in an era that wasn’t friendly to offense.

Gretzky played in the most offense friendly era in hockey.   Every season in the 1980s the league average in GPG was above 3.5.  Since then it’s only happened once, prior to that it occurred in the WW2 era.  He was hands down the most talented forward to play the game.  But Gretzky never won a title with another team.  

Now Mark Messier won 6 titles including 2 without Gretzky.  

Gretzky played in an era when the offensive equipment was ahead of the goalie equipment.  Skates were getting lighter along with a shift to aluminum then composite sticks.   Goalie equipment took evolved slowly through the 1980s and finally caught up in the 1990s.

7 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Sorry if it was discussed already but I can't help but think the situation with Reid's son impacted the Chiefs, impacted Reid. That's an extremely serious situation and the Chiefs just felt a little flat, and out coached specifically with the offensive game plan. Everyone knew the Chiefs OL was in shambles and they'd face significant pressure, especially on the edges and they also knew that Tampa would do everything it could to take Tyreek out of game. Seems like a game plan predicated on a lot of quicker throws would have been ideal instead of Mahomes back pedaling all day trying to make big plays.

I haven't looked at the stats, but I think it's a safe assumption the winning QB gets the award more often than not.  He three for 3 touchdowns.  Winning QB with 3 TD's=pretty safe bet.  

And I feel like we can say this about a lot of Brady Super bowl wins.  But he somehow always winds up in these situations and comes out the champion.  (7/10 times anyway).  

There have been lots of QB's with elite defenses.  No other QB has even won 5.  At some point you've got to tip your cap for just getting it done.

One day they should look into all the supernatural occurrences that happens with Brady come playoff time. Mulder and Scully can be staring at the tapes of his playoff games while the X-Files theme song plays in the background. After the theme is done, the documentary jumps right into one of the worst rules in NFL history, which of course, started it all on a snowy night in Foxboro........

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I posted about this possibility here when the news first broke. Given the family history with Reid, it was inevitable that this situation was going to be a big distraction for him. So I'm not really surprised they had the much weaker game plan tonight. It's a horrible situation and I hope they throw the book at Britt Reid, but I/m guessing Andy was preoccupied tonight.

1 hour ago, Moe Green said:

. When is Tom Brady ever going to get the recognition he deserves?

Hes the best qb ever 

We're finally getting to TB's defense on the NFL Network. I mean, it took long enough for the real MVPs to get some pub.

9 minutes ago, Johnny Utah #9 said:

I posted about this possibility here when the news first broke. Given the family history with Reid, it was inevitable that this situation was going to be a big distraction for him. So I'm not really surprised they had the much weaker game plan tonight. It's a horrible situation and I hope they throw the book at Britt Reid, but I/m guessing Andy was preoccupied tonight.

it happened late Friday night and they travelled Saturday. It had no bearing on the game plan.

The Chiefs got outplayed, outcoached and punched in the mouth.

• Thanks 1

I could see a case for the Tampa Defense as a whole to win the MVP. White, David, JPP, Winfield Jr., Suh, Barrett etc. all played great tonight. But the real MVP's were the two coordinators, just great game planning on both sides of the ball. Sure KC's OLine was depleted but the TB defense took advantage of that, instead of blitzing more they kept the LB's and S's back and the front four provided plenty of pressure while the LB's zambonied the middle of the field

• Like 1

I'll also say the Brady elevates everyone around him. I can't think that any teammate goes into any game, Super Bowl included with Brady and doesn't have confidence oozing out of their pores

1 hour ago, 3 hour lunch said:

Does everyone in New England feel like they caught their trophy wife getting bent over a pool table or what?

Not at all. 

100% rooted for the GOAT, and Joyous in the win. It takes a special kind of petty to not enjoy this ride. 

The greatest run in sport... hat tip for Tom. Wish it was in a Pats Jersey but happy to see you continue the run. 

• Like 1

Another crazy thing is that there have been a couple Super Bowl wins that could/should have been losses for Brady like Atlanta and a few of the early wins but he could also easily be a 10 time champ. He's 3 losses were two to the NY Giants that were both big upsets with their share of crazy plays like the helmet catch and the 3rd lose was the Philly Cheese Stake Special where Brady thru for over 500 yards.

• Like 1
Just now, [icon] said:

Not at all. 

100% rooted for the GOAT, and Joyous in the win. It takes a special kind of petty to not enjoy this ride. 

The greatest run in sport... hat tip for Tom. Wish it was in a Pats Jersey but happy to see you continue the run. 

I was thinking back to Favre playing in MN but I guess this is different, especially since he won so many in NE and he didn’t go to a division rival. Hard to be too mad I guess. 

1 minute ago, Penguin said:

Another crazy thing is that there have been a couple Super Bowl wins that could/should have been losses for Brady like Atlanta and a few of the early wins but he could also easily be a 10 time champ. He's 3 losses were two to the NY Giants that were both big upsets with their share of crazy plays like the helmet catch and the 3rd lose was the Philly Cheese Stake Special where Brady thru for over 500 yards.

I think that the odds catch up and even out in the long run. I think that Atlanta and Seattle were colossal failures on the coaching end of their respective teams, and that the Giants had Coughlin and Spagnuolo for at least the first SB win, and Coughlin coaching along the way for the second SB win.

I think it's about fair that he's 7-3.

• Like 1

Brady - 21 seasons (Really 20 when you realize he lost 2008 on the first drive of week 1 - due to Eric Berry - KC DB)

10 Super Bowls - 7 Super Bowl wins - 5 Super Bowl MVP's

14 Conference Championships appearances - 10 Conference Championship s won

That's basically a 50% chance he plays in the Super Bowl every year (For a two decade period!)

And has a 35% chance to win the Super Bowl every year - Those are just mind boggling numbers

Edited by Penguin
ETA: Annnnd, a 25% chance of being the Super Bowl MVP every year
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I think that the odds catch up and even out in the long run. I think that Atlanta and Seattle were colossal failures on the coaching end of their respective teams, and that the Giants had Coughlin and Spagnuolo for at least the first SB win, and Coughlin coaching along the way for the second SB win.

I think it's about fair that he's 7-3.

Oh I agree 100%, I'm just saying there's a case he could have won 10.

Just now, Penguin said:

Oh I agree 100%, I'm just saying there's a case he could have won 10.

I agree 100% with this, too. I was just spitballing.

I'm not sure of the Tampa roster situation, does anyone know of their FA's this year. Also hearing he wants to extend the contract to play the 2022 season when he'll be 45

3 minutes ago, Penguin said:

I'm not sure of the Tampa roster situation, does anyone know of their FA's this year. Also hearing he wants to extend the contract to play the 2022 season when he'll be 45

Godwin is a FA and so is A. Brown. So is Fournette. On offense, anyway.

Edited by rockaction
Just now, need2know said:

Pats have to be crying 😆

First three TD's were all accounted for by Brady, Gronk and AB, three 2019 Patriots. The 4th was Fournette, another AFC free agent signing

Just now, rockaction said:

Godwin is a FA and so is A. Brown. On offense, anyway.

Yeah I should have remembered Godwin, I think he's gonna leave for more money. I could see AB signing if the front office wants him back. Evans, AB, Miller, Gronk?, Howard? etc. isn't chopped meat. I also see Najae Harris being mocked to TB a lot. I think Fournette is gone and Jones is a comp. back

14 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Yeah that 2nd Giants SB didn't have the helmet catch, but there was a late clutch pass to Manningham (?) that was incredible, too. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

I'm still bitter about our NFCC game vs them. Easily should've won that. And then they come in and ruin our Home opening party At The Linc the following year. 

Many people consider it the most impactful game in Buccaneer history. To actually reach the SB was (at the time) nearly inconceivable (#princessbride). The euphoria of getting there was at least as big as winning it; probably more. That's how downtrodden the franchise was. 

• Like 1
Just now, Penguin said:

Yeah I should have remembered Godwin, I think he's gonna leave for more money. I could see AB signing if the front office wants him back. Evans, AB, Miller, Gronk?, Howard? etc. isn't chopped meat. I also see Najae Harris being mocked to TB a lot. I think Fournette is gone and Jones is a comp. back

I edited to say Fournette was gone but you were responding already. Godwin can be franchised, but with the decrease in the cap, analysts say it'll be tough for TB to do, especially since Evans is on a huge deal. Gronk is a FA but he's only going to go back to Tampa, I presume. He wants to play with Brady. O.J. Howard is under contract for next year, but tore his Achilles' heel and who knows if he'll make it back. Evans and Miller, I think, are back. As is Tyler Johnson and Justin Watson also, if I'm not mistaken (Johnson is the rookie that saw sporadic time and will see more next year with Godwin likely gone).

Bottom line is that no matter what part of the country you hail from, there's no reason to hate on the GOAT. He left Boston and now plays in Florida. Sure, he smacks the shizz out of your team, my team and basically everyone's team but the guy is the best ever. Not a bad bone in his body, no DV charges, no DUI's, Failed tests of any kind. Great family life and to be honest, he's not the most athletic mofo you'll run into. The guy just has one quality, he wins. He wins no matter who he is surrounded by, he wins no matter where he is.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Brady - 21 seasons (Really 20 when you realize he lost 2008 on the first drive of week 1 - due to Eric Berry - KC DB)

10 Super Bowls - 7 Super Bowl wins - 5 Super Bowl MVP's

14 Conference Championships appearances - 10 Conference Championship s won

That's basically a 50% chance he plays in the Super Bowl every year (For a two decade period!)

And has a 35% chance to win the Super Bowl every year - Those are just mind boggling numbers

I saw a meme that said Tom Brady is statistically more likely to make the Super Bowl than Steph Curry is to make a 3-pointer. 

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I edited to say Fournette was gone but you were responding already. Godwin can be franchised, but with the decrease in the cap, analysts say it'll be tough for TB to do, especially since Evans is on a huge deal. Gronk is a FA but he's only going to go back to Tampa, I presume. He wants to play with Brady. O.J. Howard is under contract for next year, but tore his Achilles' heel and who knows if he'll make it back. Evans and Miller, I think, are back. As is Tyler Johnson and Justin Watson also, if I'm not mistaken (Johnson is the rookie that saw sporadic time and will see more next year with Godwin likely gone).

Yes, Tyler Johnson who the coaches were very impressed with

Just now, Neil Beaufort Zod said:

I saw a meme that said Tom Brady is statistically more likely to make the Super Bowl than Steph Curry is to make a 3-pointer. 

I saw that too as well as this one...

Brady 7 SB's, New England & Pittsburgh 6 SB's