What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Super Bowl LV Thread *** Kansas City Chiefs (-3) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (O/U 56) (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref said:
curious to see how the "home field advantage" really shakes out....not sure how many tickets were made available to the "general public" for KC and TB fans to try and gobble up......I know each team gets the same amount and then the NFL keeps a portion for corporations and sponsors etc....and with so few actually getting in will the "crowd noise" etc. actually favor TB or will it feel more like 50/50....I get the other advantages of playing at home, but as far as the "crowd" advantage, I'm wondering if it will be much of a factor either way....
I read the tickets sold allegedly favor Tampa 80/20 but with so few fans there I doubt it matters at all. 

Stinkin Ref said:
curious to see how the "home field advantage" really shakes out....not sure how many tickets were made available to the "general public" for KC and TB fans to try and gobble up......I know each team gets the same amount and then the NFL keeps a portion for corporations and sponsors etc....and with so few actually getting in will the "crowd noise" etc. actually favor TB or will it feel more like 50/50....I get the other advantages of playing at home, but as far as the "crowd" advantage, I'm wondering if it will be much of a factor either way....
I read there were 14,500 tix available to public (however that is determined) & 7500 given to front line workers.  I personally know 4 people attending as guests of the owners and I'm over 1200 miles away from Tampa (not a major city & I don't mingle in those circles so assume much larger percentage of 'fans' will be VIPs).  Only 'advantage' for TB might be familiarity with stadium, but Chiefs just there 2 months ago. 7500 Bills fans had big impact on Ravens game, but I haven't heard that TB fans are crazy like us...

Bucs SS Antoine Winfield said his ankle is "100%" ahead of the Super Bowl against the Chiefs.

Players tend to be more optimistic than they actually are, but it would be a surprise if Winfield didn't start against the Chiefs. The rookie will have his hands full with preventing the deep ball against Tyreek Hill and will also see some snaps against Travis Kelce in the box. How the Bucs deploy Winfield is an underrated storyline, as it will dictate which Chiefs pass-catcher is going to be the top target. If Winfield's ankle isn't 100 percent, the Chiefs are even more likely to march up and down the field. LB Lavonte David and FS Jordan Whitehead also practiced in limited fashion on Wednesday. All three will likely suit up and gut through their ailments.

SOURCE: Carmen Vitali on Twitter

Feb 3, 2021, 9:53 PM ET

Rubi said:
Crowd will slightly favor Tampa imop,but noise level won't be a big factor. However, with NO CANNONS The Bucs

will be at a disadvantage. The Bucs need more cannons.
FIRE THE CANNONS!

So let me get this straight...the team barber was in the middle of cutting one of the player's hair and was set to trim Mahomes next when he tested positive...I would like to see the timeline on when he was tested, where those results were discovered, the person running down the hall screaming at the top of their lungs "SSSSSSTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP!" 

Now I don't know about the very last part but it's got to be part of the equation. But the rest of it, am I understanding this correctly? Just a remarkable story. 

Drove to the stadium again tonight and max security prisons would be jealous of the security and amount of fences set up. It’s so ridiculous and uninviting. 
It's funny you say this because my son is leaving Sat Night from St Pete to here around Palm Beach and people think we're nuts for not being up there at or near the stadium and neither of us has much desire to be in Bucs Stadium or let's say the part you describe could put a major dampener on what is supposed to be fun. I'll enjoy it with endless cold beverages and food on my TV. 

So let me get this straight...the team barber was in the middle of cutting one of the player's hair and was set to trim Mahomes next when he tested positive...I would like to see the timeline on when he was tested, where those results were discovered, the person running down the hall screaming at the top of their lungs "SSSSSSTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP!" 

Now I don't know about the very last part but it's got to be part of the equation. But the rest of it, am I understanding this correctly? Just a remarkable story. 
See, this is why Mahomes is the greatest. He lets the other guys go first and doesn't try and big-time them to get his haircut first.

THAT'S MY QUARTERBACK!!!    :headbang:

Super Bowl 55 props: Five of the oddest cross-sport wagers available

Top 10 Super Bowl props: Will Travis Kelce have more TDs than Cristiano Ronaldo has goals?

Super Bowl Prop Bets To Enjoy During Sunday's Game

4.  Which will be higher, Brady's passing yards in Super Bowl 55 or GameStop's closing price on Friday?  Brady's passing yards leads with a probability of 77.8%.  GameStop has only a 30.8% chance of being higher.

Barring any more craziness, that makes sense.  The price of GameStop closed yesterday at $90 even, an 81% drop from its peak at $483, and a 58% drop from its price of $218 on Friday evening . . . so there's a decent chance it sinks further.

Chiefs LT Eric Fisher (Achilles') won't play in Super Bowl LV against the Buccaneers.

As expected. Fisher suffered a significant Achilles' injury in Tampa Bay's Conference Championship win and wasn't available for practice at any point throughout the week. The Chiefs most recently moved Mike Remmers to left tackle, Stefen Wisniewski to right guard, and Andrew Wylie to right tackle and are expected to do so again in the final (and most important) game of the year.

SOURCE: Kansas City Chiefs on Twitter

Feb 5, 2021, 1:42 PM ET

rockaction said:
:lmao: Serious, Clark?

🎼 Laissez tomber les filles/laissez tomber les filles/laisser tomber les filles/et moi🎶

Just a little something for the Weeknd
I've been a few and most were no doubt forgettable...The Boss, The Who, McCartney, the Peas.  BUT...I was there for Prince, sitting thru his performance in the rain while half the crowd took cover...one of the most memorable entertainment moments of my life (which i also have a great pic from). Not sure what others would be considered special, but you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been a few and all were no doubt forgettable...The Boss, The Who, McCartney, the Peas.  BUT...I was there for Prince, sitting thru his performance in the rain while half the crowd took cover...one of the most memorable entertainment moments of my life (which i also have a great pic from). Not sure what others would be considered special, but you never know.
The U2 one after 9/11 will always be my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been a few and all were no doubt forgettable...The Boss, The Who, McCartney, the Peas.  BUT...I was there for Prince, sitting thru his performance in the rain while half the crowd took cover...one of the most memorable entertainment moments of my life (which i also have a great pic from). Not sure what others would be considered special, but you never know.
Oh, I wasn't really commenting on the halftime show, I was more commenting on Faust's link to it in a Super Bowl thread. I was just giving him ####. The Weeknd should be a fine performer. You're lucky you got to see Prince. That's considered the best of the Super Bowl performances. I remember it on television. It was indeed good.

Andy Reid's son involved in multi car accident that leaves 5 year old with life threatening injuries.

Not news you want before the big game. It was great to see Britt turn his life around. A friend of mine was on the football team at Temple when Britt was there. 
It reminded me when the Bucs faced the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl 37 and Barret Robbins, the starting Center for the Raiders suddenly disappeared and ended up not playing in the the biggest game of his life. 

This will definitely be a distraction for Reid and the Cheifs except I doubt we even hear much of it in the broadcast which undoubtedly will be full of so many other PSA involving numerous verticals that I care not to list, but I doubt we hear how big of a distraction it is until the Bucs are ahead and you hear someone in the both say "You wonder how much of distraction it was this week for the Chiefs leading up to the Super Bowl" so can we just say it now and move on to the actual game. 

Had to click the link to find out he was drinking.   Throw the book at him.
I saw this story mentioned by no less than 10 media guys on Twitter and it wasn't until I did the same - reading the actual article - did I fully get it. Can't believe they're all too scared to even mention or refer to the potential cause. 

Anyone who thinks this Britt Reid news won’t have an effect on Andy given the Reid family history isn’t paying attention. 

This is a massive distraction less than 48 hours before the big game. Presumably the game plan is in place, but if you don’t think this situation could have an impact on Andy Reid on game day given the family history, you’re not thinking this through. 

It might not matter as KC has the better team, but this news definitely casts some doubt into Reid’s potential performance on Sunday.

Wow didn’t know there were kids were seriously hurt. Just briefly saw some tweets on it from the usual nfl reporters and they definitely buried that part. Horrible. Hope they’re ok. 

Wow didn’t know there were kids were seriously hurt. Just briefly saw some tweets on it from the usual nfl reporters and they definitely buried that part. Horrible. Hope they’re ok. 
Agree with all of this, wanted to remind folks how simple the Lyft App works in almost any city/town I've ever visited. Uber about the same. 

My wife and I put the Lyft app on our son's phone, there is no $20-$30 ride that can't be worked out a day or two later vs taking a human life. It's one of my biggest PSA things I do as a parent, I remind my 21 yr old every time he tells me he is going out with his friends, please do not drink and drive, I'll call you a Lyft. 

I know that Reid has had issues with Britt going way back, my heart goes out to Andy. Reid has been an amazingly supportive parent, still had his son involved in coaching, he must feel so embarrassed. How could Britt do this right now? It's so selfish and that's what alcoholism does. 

-And FTR, MoP is no Saint so I'm not going to throw stones here. 

Roger Goodell: He must suspend Britt if his dad can't do it as head coach...honestly Britt should be relieved of duties effective immediately. I'm sure Spags can handle it all as the Def Coordinator but if this was a player, fans would expect a suspension especially when the welfare of children were involved. If Britt had just plowed into a tree and injured himself instead, this would have a slightly different color to it but as it is, children were injured, one fighting for its life per reports and I just don't see how that guy can take the field tomorrow in Tampa. 

I'll say it another way. I would be surprised to see Britt Reid on the Chiefs sideline or anywhere near the Super Bowl. Is that fair to say or expect?

Sorry Chiefs fans, it's no reflection of you all. 

Roger Goodell: He must suspend Britt if his dad can't do it as head coach...honestly Britt should be relieved of duties effective immediately. I'm sure Spags can handle it all as the Def Coordinator but if this was a player, fans would expect a suspension especially when the welfare of children were involved. If Britt had just plowed into a tree and injured himself instead, this would have a slightly different color to it but as it is, children were injured, one fighting for its life per reports and I just don't see how that guy can take the field tomorrow in Tampa. 

I'll say it another way. I would be surprised to see Britt Reid on the Chiefs sideline or anywhere near the Super Bowl. Is that fair to say or expect?

Sorry Chiefs fans, it's no reflection of you all. 
The article says that he will not be at the game. 

Andy Reid's son involved in multi car accident that leaves 5 year old with life threatening injuries.

Not news you want before the big game. It was great to see Britt turn his life around. A friend of mine was on the football team at Temple when Britt was there. 
Bad news is he admitted to a few drinks and possibly script meds. He’s really a great guy and word was he had overcome his past problems, but this could be really bad if toxicology test prove true.  A four and five year old are hurt bad. Prayers to both families in such a tragedy.

Bad news is he admitted to a few drinks and possibly script meds. He’s really a great guy and word was he had overcome his past problems, but this could be really bad if toxicology test prove true.  A four and five year old are hurt bad. Prayers to both families in such a tragedy.
Yeah I have a coworker or did who was on the Temple team with him and he really had turned it around. The really big wake up call was when his brother OD for him. It just really sucks because both Andy and his wife are amazing people. They lived in Kobe's area and really did a lot for the community. I remember a customer this women who was really talking trash on the family and I just had enough and said something to them. My saving grace was the fact other customers were complaining about the women and a few had said she was saying some pretty offensive stuff in general I was not aware of. The person in charge at the time asked the women to leave and never return. 

Should I have said anything to her? Not really since I never heard the other stuff but in the end it was probably the right thing given what other stuff we were told she said. For me it wasn't just what she said about Andy but the family. She was being incredible ignorant and I had friends at the time dealing with addiction and my Uncle's best friend from HS was just sent into rehab. SO that hit me pretty hard. 

The bad news isn't his admission.   It's your 2nd to last sentence.

The bad news isn't his admission.   It's your 2nd to last sentence.
Yes obviously it’s horribly bad news that the children are injured. Can’t imagine as a parent what they are going through. Also the bad news is that he has already admitted his crime so we know the cause. Now we don’t have to wait for the usual drawn out, “hide behind the lawyer/ wait until all the test come in” before drawing conclusions, thus putting the victims in a drawn out wait and see. We know he was impaired since he already admitted it and he needs to pay the price of his actions now. 

Users who are viewing this thread