Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL Super Bowl LV Thread *** Kansas City Chiefs (-3) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (O/U 56)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brady 3 tds and Gronkowski gets the first female NFL ref pregnant at halftime 

First promo pic of Brady vs Mahomes

There’s a joke here somewhere but I can’t quite put my finger on it. 

42 minutes ago, G-King said:

Yes obviously it’s horribly bad news that the children are injured. Can’t imagine as a parent what they are going through. Also the bad news is that he has already admitted his crime so we know the cause. Now we don’t have to wait for the usual drawn out, “hide behind the lawyer/ wait until all the test come in” before drawing conclusions, thus putting the victims in a drawn out wait and see. We know he was impaired since he already admitted it and he needs to pay the price of his actions now. 

This accident happened near the stadium. Basically that on ramp is the road that circles the stadium and then goes onto the highway there.

So Reid was more than likely drinking AT the stadium during preparations before probably heading home at that time of night.

Which to me makes the Chiefs culpable in this: why is one of their assistant coaches drinking on the job a few days before the Super Bowl. If they knew about this or if this is common practice, they need to be held responsible for this.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2021 at 9:47 PM, Capella said:

Drove to the stadium again tonight and max security prisons would be jealous of the security and amount of fences set up. It’s so ridiculous and uninviting. 

And almost 99.9% unnecessary. 

"White Supremacist" is the new "Muslim Terrorist"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ariel is the little girl's name who has life threatening injuries and there is a picture on that link, some are going to find it very unsettling. It's a GFM site with a news link. 

My heart goes out to the family and all involved that have had their lives turned upside down.  

Edited by Ministry of Pain
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Tiffany is the little girl's name who has life threatening injuries and there is a picture on that link, some are going to find it very unsettling. It's a GFM site with a news link. 

My heart goes out to the family and all involved that have had their lives turned upside down.  

Horrifying they have to set up a go fund me. I’m sure the chiefs aren’t willing to admit any liability right now but somebody involved should be cutting some big big checks for the care right now. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Capella said:

Horrifying they have to set up a go fund me. I’m sure the chiefs aren’t willing to admit any liability right now but somebody involved should be cutting some big big checks for the care right now. 

We need a HELL YES emoji for this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Faust said:

Predictions on the score and MVP from the Shark Pool?

Imma say Chiefs 31 Bucs 24

MVP Honey Badger, who takes a Tom Brady pick for 6. 

luck favors the bold. :ninja: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Faust changed the title to *** OFFICIAL Super Bowl LV Thread *** Kansas City Chiefs (-3) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (O/U 56)
4 hours ago, Faust said:

Predictions on the score and MVP from the Shark Pool?
 

I will go with Chiefs 30 Buccaneers 27

MVP: Patrick Mahomes 

We'd love to have that post in the sister thread, wasn't sure if this would be everything leading up to the SB and then a separate GT but either way, thanks Faust. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

We'd love to have that post in the sister thread, wasn't sure if this would be everything leading up to the SB and then a separate GT but either way, thanks Faust. 👍

I intended for this thread to be the all purpose one including being the game thread as well.

I would be ok with merging the two threads if @Ministry of Pain is ok with that suggestion!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I swear the logo looks like LIV,  but the I is just the trophy in the middle.

Same as last year almost which was in Miami. They have a club called Club LIV inside the stadium so SB LIV logo looked just like an advertisement for it. Similar logo this year.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Faust said:

I intended for this thread to be the all purpose one including being the game thread as well.

I would be ok with merging the two threads if @Ministry of Pain is ok with that suggestion!

I understand. I did change the title, if it needs merged that's fine, I usually fire up Sunday threads with @Inseinso it was mostly done in that vein. I also didn't want to discuss the DUI story in the game thread but again, no sweat. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ministry of Pain said:

I understand. I did change the title, if it needs merged that's fine, I usually fire up Sunday threads with @Inseinso it was mostly done in that vein. I also didn't want to discuss the DUI story in the game thread but again, no sweat. 

I also understand and wasn’t looking to step on any toes for creating a Super Bowl thread as I created the Super Bowl thread for the Falcons and Patriots a few years ago.

@FBG Moderator - please feel free to merge the two Super Bowl threads - as it seems redundant to have two going at the same time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see the Bucs losing (because the world has to be tortured with another Brady Super Bowl win).  I’m starting to come around though.  Almost at the point of just rooting for him.  Almost.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Quote

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

DC Metro Police Officers Mike Fanone, Daniel Hodges and Lila Morris are attending the Super Bowl as NFL’s guests in recognition of their heroism during Jan. 6 attack at Capitol Bldg. Family of fallen Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick also in attendance as honored guests.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1358543894938603520?s=21

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, identikit said:

Maybe they should talk more about football....

Dude, you would never make it in big time media. The only way to attract football fans wanting to watch football is to talk about everything but football.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

Arrgh, accidentally dialed up CBS coverage.  James Brown is great at what he does, but the rest of that crew terrible, especially Phil Simms. What a bunch of B leaguers.

And Tony Romo will totally redeem CBS. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

Arrgh, accidentally dialed up CBS coverage.  James Brown is great at what he does, but the rest of that crew terrible, especially Phil Simms. What a bunch of B leaguers.

Simms is to studio analysts what Aikman is to color guys. Should have been put out to pasture long ago. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok well no party here just me and the kids. Dinner soon and then I start drinking my homemade blackberry wine at a strong clip and you're all coming with me. Just a heads up Imma be goofy AF in here today. If there are other dynasty leaguemates out there now is the time to take advantage of me. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...