What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Godzilla vs. Kong (1 Viewer)

Hoping this is the Godzilla movie we've all been hoping for. They need to stop with all the love story/family drama crap they've been jamming into the movies so far. No matter how emotional or well written they think it is ,this type of movie isn't going to win a major Oscar. So stop forcing it in and give the fans what they really want- a fun movie with Godzilla being the star as we watch him(her :no: ) fight and destroy things.

I am trying to figure out what the plot will be. I am sure we are still functioning in the Monarch story line where Godzilla is basically the good guy. Looking at the trailer it looks like Kong is being brought in as the monster to save the humans and they make it look like Godzilla has now turned all evil. It also looks like we are going to have a little girl befriending Kong. As RW says above, we don't need that. Just set the board and watch the pieces battle it out. 

I know it was mentioned before, buy they also are going to have to explain Kong's size. Godzilla is massive and Kong, although bigger in the last movie, was no where near the size of Godzilla. 

And yes, it is a slow day at work, so I have nothing else to think about. 

I am trying to figure out what the plot will be. I am sure we are still functioning in the Monarch story line where Godzilla is basically the good guy. Looking at the trailer it looks like Kong is being brought in as the monster to save the humans and they make it look like Godzilla has now turned all evil. It also looks like we are going to have a little girl befriending Kong. As RW says above, we don't need that. Just set the board and watch the pieces battle it out. 

I know it was mentioned before, buy they also are going to have to explain Kong's size. Godzilla is massive and Kong, although bigger in the last movie, was no where near the size of Godzilla. 

This is what I want to know.

I follow an unofficial Godzilla account that tweets as the monster (GodzillaSays), and he basically came out and said "he" was the bad guy in the movie.

I've seen a few videos hinting at the idea that we haven't seen the true antagonist at this point.  Monarch dna-harvesting in the last movie is a big indicator.  Also, there are a few quick shots in the trailer that indicate we may see Mecha-Godzilla.  So, what we've seen so far may be a relatively small portion of the movie.

Here you go

Not going to lie, the trailer doesn't make me want to see it. Sure, I plan on watching it, but it didn't wow me at all.

The last Godzilla movie had some of the worst dialogue ever. Still loved it and will undoubtedly love this as well. 

I've seen a few videos hinting at the idea that we haven't seen the true antagonist at this point.  Monarch dna-harvesting in the last movie is a big indicator.  Also, there are a few quick shots in the trailer that indicate we may see Mecha-Godzilla.  So, what we've seen so far may be a relatively small portion of the movie.
Heard somewhere (forget where) that Mecha G will be in it. If so, there's your "evil" Godzilla. 

Agree on all the script criticisms. If they need filler, just play Godzilla's greatest hits in the credits. Only humanoids needed are the 2 tiny girls in the cage that sing to Mothra.  Maybe Kong can steal them and carry them around as a keychain fob.

Yeah will probably be like Batman v. Superman where they only fight initially but ultimately team up against the main baddy.

So what is the prequel to this one you guys are talking about?  Skull Island?  I haven't been watching any of these but the preview looks good

So what is the prequel to this one you guys are talking about?  Skull Island?  I haven't been watching any of these but the preview looks good
Skull island isn't a prequel. It's just a different Kong origin  story

Looks awful lol
This guy seems to agree.

https://www.theonion.com

LOS ANGELES—Calling the decision to reunite two super-powerful monsters a “recipe for disaster,” Los Angeles resident Patrick Underwood told reporters Monday that he knew nothing good ever happened when Godzilla and King Kong found themselves in the same movie. “I’m just saying, King Kong is a gigantic and destructive bloodthirsty gorilla, and Godzilla is a 984-foot-tall prehistoric sea monster—how in god’s name is this going to end well?” said Underwood, adding that the legendary beings had caused enough destruction to their respective cities while they were apart, so the last thing humanity needed was to do something stupid, like put them together. “Look, maybe one day King Kong and Godzilla could end up being friends, but right now, they seem to have some really bad blood. All I can hope for is that when they finally do meet, they aren’t in a crowded area where there are any humans or buildings around, and that Mothra, King Ghidora, and Rodan all stay away.” Underwood added that he assumed everyone learned their lesson after Batman v Superman, but apparently the harbinger just fell on deaf ears.

what was the last movie you're referencing?

All I have to say is Godzilla better kick that ape’s ###. 

If you pause/slow-mo the trailer around 0:03 seconds as the people run down the stairs, you can see MechaGodzilla above them.  

In Kong Skull Island John C. Reilly makes a statement about Kong still being young and growing. That movie was set in 1973. 

With that said, I have no real idea. The last two Godzilla movies tried to get all serious and focus on the people. The people are supposed to just be background, screaming fodder in these movies.

But the real question is: do I need to have watched all the prior movies to be able to understand what is going on in this one?

Users who are viewing this thread