What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 QB Spots that are "settled"? (1 Viewer)

My take is 17 settled:

• Arizona
  • Atlanta (Ryan for one more year)
  • Buffalo
  • Baltimore
  • Cincinnati
  • Cleveland
  • Green Bay
  • Jacksonville (even though haven't drafted Lawrence yet)
  • Kansas City
  • Las Vegas
  • LA Chargers
  • LA Rams
  • Minnesota (Cousins for one more year)
  • NY Giants,
  • Seattle
  • Tennessee
  • Tampa Bay (unless Brady wins the SB and hangs it up)

Last edited by a moderator:
My take is 17:

• Arizona
  • Buffalo
  • Baltimore
  • Cincinnati
  • Cleveland
  • Green Bay
  • Kansas City
  • Las Vegas
  • LA Chargers
  • LA Rams
  • NY Giants,
  • Seattle
  • Tennessee
I'd add Miami to that list, and take atlanta off of it.  I think they are "ride or Die" for Tua unless a palatable watson deal emerges.  They will need a Backup as I don't see Fitz coming back.

My take is 17:

• Arizona
  • Buffalo
  • Baltimore
  • Cincinnati
  • Cleveland
  • Green Bay
  • Kansas City
  • Las Vegas
  • LA Chargers
  • LA Rams
  • NY Giants,
  • Seattle
  • Tennessee
Expand  
I'd add Miami to that list, and take atlanta off of it.  I think they are "ride or Die" for Tua unless a palatable watson deal emerges.  They will need a Backup as I don't see Fitz coming back.
I thought about Miami, but the Watson rumors made me wonder if there's fire with that smoke. Probably right though - they are going to give him a shot.

As for Atlanta, my guess is that they draft Ryan's replacement this year but he holds the clipboard for a year.

Dallas is not “In stone” but it’s in the settled list. Dak’s getting paid, Stephen, Jerry and Dak will be hugging it out and talking about their next 10 years as besties holding hands and completing each other’s sentences. 

insta-lock: Arizona, Baltimore, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Seattle

Probably settled minus something unexpected: Cleveland, LA Chargers, Las Vegas, Minnesota, NY Giants, Tennessee

Seem settled, but you never know: Atlanta, Dallas (with Dak), Green Bay, LA Rams, Tampa

Add Jacksonville to that first list if I'm allowed to pick Lawrence as their QB.

Shouldn't Philly count? It seems like they've settled on keeping both Wentz and Hurts around, or did I miss something?

I thought about Miami, but the Watson rumors made me wonder if there's fire with that smoke. Probably right though - they are going to give him a shot.

As for Atlanta, my guess is that they draft Ryan's replacement this year but he holds the clipboard for a year.
Gotcha.  I agree with both assessments.  The issue with Watson to Miami is it fast tracks them but hamstrings their cap (which is why some of the beat writers down here suggesting X Howard be part of the deal).

Atlanta at 4 has a lot of options, and some of it comes from being comfortable with Ryan still, and some of that comes with all the QBs available in this draft.  Spots 2, 3, and 4 are likely trade targets for QB needy teams and Detroit, Carolina, and Denver may see their draft boards crying for them to move up to get "their guy".

FWIW: The Dolphins (and specifically owner Stephen Ross) were always all in on Tua (they did some kicking of the tires on Burrow and Herbert, but I think he has been "their guy" since they got rid of Gase for Flores).  I don't see them abandoning it (and taking the Tua cap hit) after one year.  Next year Tua can be traded without as much dead money.

My list.  I take settled to mean done deal regarding the starter like 100% mortal lock.

Buffalo, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Chargers, Giants, Arizona, Seatte.

Probably settled barring for practical reasons/barring something unexpected:

Las Vegas, Dallas, Green Bay (just dont see them parting ways), Tampa Bay (I dont think he is retiring - not with the relative competition in that conference looking ahead).

So that is what 15 teams?  I think the number to change will be less than 17 of course but certainly one of the wilder offseasons in memory.

-QG

Shouldn't Philly count? It seems like they've settled on keeping both Wentz and Hurts around, or did I miss something?
I was under the impressing that firing Pederson signaled going forward with Wentz myself.  But Joe Banner has been trying to refute that and saying Wentz is not a lock to remain.  It seems unlikely to me he would be moved but Banner is connected with that team.

In my talk with people, I was surprised at how much push back I got when I say Las Vegas is set.
Surprises me as well. Nothing seems to indicate that Gruden is looking to move away from Carr. May not be worth his contract and doesn’t put up big numbers, but is pretty efficient (career best101 QB rating in 2020). 

I think there were reports of some acrimony between Gruden and Carr towards the end of the year, but probably best for the Raider heads in here to comment on that.

My take is 17 settled:

• Arizona
  • Buffalo
  • Baltimore
  • Cincinnati
  • Cleveland
  • Green Bay
  • Kansas City
  • Las Vegas
  • LA Chargers
  • LA Rams
  • NY Giants,
  • Seattle
  • Tennessee
Green Bay?

Meh, guys are emotional when get eliminated. He’ll be back 
Likely yes.   But there's enough speculation and talk about it to at least acknowledge there's a possibility.  I'm guessing Adam put them on the list of those he thought would have a new qb.

Likely yes.   But there's enough speculation and talk about it to at least acknowledge there's a possibility.  I'm guessing Adam put them on the list of those he thought would have a new qb.
What you put the odds of someone else playing QB for GB on opening day next year?

rockaction said:
I did this in another thread. For every team, sussing out their RB position. There's no prayer of finding it, though, because I don't remember what topic I posted it in.
Hi @rockaction, can you start a new thread and use the same title format?      2021 RB Spots that are "settled"

I think this could be an interesting series. 

Aaron may follow Tom's lead and find a new home with a fantasy lineup to throw to. As an Eagles fan, I would love to see Wentz move out of town but unlikely anyone will trade for him and that silly contract he's locked into.

Joe Bryant said:
In my talk with people, I was surprised at how much push back I got when I say Las Vegas is set.
I've read a few people who are speculating that with Mariotta on the books for $10M that he'll either be cut or the alternative would be if a team was willing to properly compensate the Raiders for Carr then Gruden might prefer that route while retaining Mariotta with another addition. I  think Carr returns but I don't think this scenario unfolding would be crazy.

Cowboysfan8 said:
Cute

Id say less than 1%. I guess time will tell 
PTI guys both saying Rodgers won't be a Packer next year.  Many GM's around the league believe Rodgers will be dealt. 

Moving my 12.75% up to 20%

Add Pittsburgh to the settled list.  They will get that restructure done.

When it's time Joe I'll happy to start the settled LS starter thread (spoiler - not so fast putting the Bengals on the settled list!...)

-QG

Arizona

Atlanta

Baltimore

Buffalo

Cincy

Cleveland

Dallas

GB

Jacksonville

LA Chargers

Las Vegas

KC

Minnesota

Seattle

Tennessee

That puts 17 as being in flux or potentially.

PTI guys both saying Rodgers won't be a Packer next year.  Many GM's around the league believe Rodgers will be dealt. 

Moving my 12.75% up to 20%
They went to back to back NFC Championship games - and lest face it, the Super Bowl was a real possibility for this year. I don't see them moving Rodgers unless he starts putting pressure on them to do so.

GB would take a $31M dead cap hit by trading Rodgers. IMO, the player more likely to be traded is Love. In the QB reset for a lot of teams in 2021, he would be a much cheaper alternative then having to trade a lot of assets while also having to pay out the contract for Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, etc. 

I wouldn't call the Giants' "settled" as much as they have no great options in the pipeline/GM doesn't seem to want to pay assets to upgrade (Stafford/Watson). But if Daniel Jones doesn't progress this year he's going to be on the hot seat in 2022.

They went to back to back NFC Championship games - and lest face it, the Super Bowl was a real possibility for this year. I don't see them moving Rodgers unless he starts putting pressure on them to do so.
I agree. 20% is still pretty unlikely. But there's a lot of smoke around it to at least be a possibility if he pressures them. 

I wouldn't call the Giants' "settled" as much as they have no great options in the pipeline/GM doesn't seem to want to pay assets to upgrade (Stafford/Watson). But if Daniel Jones doesn't progress this year he's going to be on the hot seat in 2022.
That's a fair point. A lot of seemingly settled situations include QBs who may have just one more year to prove themselves and/or will be replaced by younger options. Jones is one, and Ryan, Cousins and Carr may be others.  There may be a few more I'm missing.

I think he is on the hotseat right now, or should be. I don't think they make a move this offseason to replace him, but I do think that he will be in danger of being benched starting week 1 this season with whatever backup journeyman they have on their roster at that moment. Definitely unsettled IMO. I'm rooting for Jones to progress but betting against it.

As far as the Raiders, I think Gruden wants a QB that uses his legs more.  I truly believe Mariota would have had an opportunity to win the starting job for week 1 last year if there was a normal offseason and he did not get injured.  Yesterday there was a report out that multiple teams are expected to inquire about trading for Carr.  I think the Raiders would move him if they were offered anything decent, use his $20M salary to try to upgrade the D and roll with Mariota as the starter.

As far as the Raiders, I think Gruden wants a QB that uses his legs more.  I truly believe Mariota would have had an opportunity to win the starting job for week 1 last year if there was a normal offseason and he did not get injured.  Yesterday there was a report out that multiple teams are expected to inquire about trading for Carr.  I think the Raiders would move him if they were offered anything decent, use his $20M salary to try to upgrade the D and roll with Mariota as the starter.
Maybe I haven’t been paying attention but I’m suddenly seeing Carr’s name in a bunch of articles (this year).  Speculating that they could get 2 firsts for Carr, and use that as ammo to get Watson. That seems like a lot for a guy who has been rumored to be replaced every year, and maybe clickbait for hopeful raiders fans. A first+ I can see, but I’m not sure who would make that trade right now. How many qbs are going to get traded this off-season, what are the odds?

Watson- 90%? 

Carr- no brainer if they can get 2 firsts for him. I don’t see anyone jumping at that chance early in the process, if at all.

Darnold-50/50? Seems likely if they draft a qb. Maybe they trade back and try to build around him? Saleh’s comments of support could be genuine or just making it seem like he’s still an asset for trade value?

Ryan- seems like a cheap win now option for somebody. 

Rodgers 5%?

Lots of other guys that could be traded based on what happens with their teams like teddy b and jimmy g. 

Users who are viewing this thread