What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 FBG WSL Sign Up Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Do we have enough interest to get this rolling this year?

Bass

Duckboy

Mr. Ir

Stephen Holloway

Maggot Brain

Stinkin Ref

Old Mil

Aaron Rudnicki

Shadowfax

Bro1ncos

Norseman

Busman

-OZ-

Crippler

Sigmund Bloom

RuffRody

Anarchy99 - Alternate

Last edited by a moderator:
we should if we encourage the right folks. we should invite the IBL team members and maybe a couple of staffers might participate.  

Not that anyone asked but, since I love to hear myself talk, I'm in favor of three things for this WSL iteration:

1. Keeping the schedule the same as prior years despite the addition of Week 18. It'd be different if this was a total-points format, but no league should have its winner decided on a week when the best players on the best teams are most likely to sit.
  2. Expanding rosters to 22. I get that survivor is supposed to be a war of attrition, but there's a big difference between that and being effectively out of the running by Memorial Day. Plus it's always fun to earn a couple extra dart-throws of the Justin Jefferson variety.
  3. FLX spot in the lineup. Maybe even two, if we're feeling feisty. See #2.

I am all about more flex spots.....my local leagues are moving in this direction as well....mostly just one more flex spot in addition to the one we have......we have deep rosters 21-22 or so so why not play more of the guys you drafted and put  them up against other guys who other owners drafted.....especially in a draft and done league where you aren't making any roster moves....(could even get crazy and say the extra flex, could be also maybe be a PK or a DST)...doesn't just have to be RB/WR/TE....a way to maybe give them a little more value....

oh and .....in

Not that anyone asked but, since I love to hear myself talk, I'm in favor of three things for this WSL iteration:

1. Keeping the schedule the same as prior years despite the addition of Week 18. It'd be different if this was a total-points format, but no league should have its winner decided on a week when the best players on the best teams are most likely to sit.
  2. Expanding rosters to 22. I get that survivor is supposed to be a war of attrition, but there's a big difference between that and being effectively out of the running by Memorial Day. Plus it's always fun to earn a couple extra dart-throws of the Justin Jefferson variety.
  3. FLX spot in the lineup. Maybe even two, if we're feeling feisty. See #2.
1. Or add Week 18 to the current Week16-17 format. # weeks to determine winner?

2/3. I think 20 with 2 flex would be good. 

Already have twelve and I am hoping to make it to the regular 16.

I agree with extra drat slots. Remind me of the starting slots. Was it QB RB RB WR WR WR TE PK DST for nine?

OK, looked back at the rules thread and it indicates nine starters as I stated above. I agree with @Mr. Irrelevantthat with all of the unknowns increasing with Covid, I think adding a flex player and two more rounds for a total of 22 per team would be great.

I am going to send some invites out.

Already have twelve and I am hoping to make it to the regular 16.

I agree with extra drat slots. Remind me of the starting slots. Was it QB RB RB WR WR WR TE PK DST for nine?
We do have a flex with PDSL.  I think adding another startable position makes it more like someone missing a player is punished.

When you look at round 20 last year it was mostly blanks.  The problem with adding more slots is that the Defenses and kickers become a priority.  When we drop to 18 you see more strategies.  When we add draft rounds we end up with runs on the positions with limited supply.  I also prefer people be rewarded for a good pick at the end as opposed to drafting every current, retirement, and NCAA player.  My preference here is standard lineup and rolling with the expanded 20.

We do have a flex with PDSL.  I think adding another startable position makes it more like someone missing a player is punished.

When you look at round 20 last year it was mostly blanks.  The problem with adding more slots is that the Defenses and kickers become a priority.  When we drop to 18 you see more strategies.  When we add draft rounds we end up with runs on the positions with limited supply.  I also prefer people be rewarded for a good pick at the end as opposed to drafting every current, retirement, and NCAA player.  My preference here is standard lineup and rolling with the expanded 20.
Just looking at last year, there were 5 decent players drafted in rounds 19/20. 2 QB, 2 WR, 1 TE. both QBs started out as backups but got decent playing time. I'm not sure how often any of those players counted.

I'm good with the 20 rounds, 

QB RB WR WR TE PK DST SF F

SF including kicker, not QB. In a 16 team survivor allowing QB as SF would be ridiculous value for QBs.

Just throwing it out there, but one of these really should be auction.

when we still start out by giving 2 PPR to TE I think we have to allow for discussion on just about everything 

"just" round 20 is not a good indicator for drafting NCAA, retired guys whatever....small list of guys that went "undrafted"....Herbert, James Robinson, Logan Thomas, Tonyan, Schultz, Mike Davis, Gibson, Gronk, MCKissic, Gaskin, Patrick, Bernard, Mooney, Cole, Myers, Jeff Wilson, Hurts, Gallman, McKinnon, Higgins....most averaging 8-10 points or more every week....some way more....and if you want to be rewarded for late picks, they need the ability to be able to count for you.....let's say I drafted Kelce at 1.01 which seems crazy but not in these leagues baby....and I threw a late dart on Tonyan......great late pick right?.....yet he never sees my lineup....

as far as the bolded....I get what you are saying but I also know it would be nice to have more of the guys we draft actually have to count for us.....there is some strategy in that as well.....with a flex option....at the end of the draft do I take a shot at a rookie who could blow up or the nothing special just puts a few points on the board every week Golden Tate's of the world....

Last year the first four picks were basically crap.....injuries happen....its gonna hurt no matter what in some cases...however if we add a flex we might have to consider dropping the TE PPR a little....(which I think we should do across the board anyway IMO).....and I would say increase the rounds to maybe 21 to help those with injuries be able to have more options to post a score...I found the more rounds we did, the more digging I kind of had to do on the rookies etc., which I think is a good thing....I also think there is nothing wrong with somehow making DST and PK more valuable (and potentially drafted higher and more in the mix in earlier rounds)....

21 rounds (1.5 for TE)

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

TE

FLEX (RB/WR/TE)

FLEX (WR/PK/DST)

PK

DST

just brainstorming..... :coffee:

@BassNBrew I  count 16 with the addition of Bloom. May I suggest a starting date of Monday, February 8th, the day after the Super Bowl. We can have a whole week to discuss an additional round, a flex and decreasing tight end scoring.

@BassNBrew I  count 16 with the addition of Bloom. May I suggest a starting date of Monday, February 8th, the day after the Super Bowl. We can have a whole week to discuss an additional round, a flex and decreasing tight end scoring.
Just my :2cents:  - go with @Stinkin Ref's list. Slightly modified, no flex defense.

21 rounds (1.5 for TE)

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

TE

FLEX (RB/WR/TE)

FLEX (WR/PK)

PK

DST