What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dublin Ohio relocation (1 Viewer)

snellman

Footballguy
My wife's company posted a job opening for a Director position in Dublin Ohio.  Is there anyone here that lives in the area?  We currently live in Iowa so would be a big move for us, but we only have 1 child left at home (biggest thing that would prevent the move - teenager).  We have talked about pulling up our roots and settling in another place and this came about sooner than expected.  It looks like housing there is quite a bit more than other locations, but not sure about other things. Climate would be pretty close to the same the way it looks, so maybe we will wait until something further south comes up.

My brother and his family lived there for 4-5 years, near wedgewood country club. Half the neighborhood was in Dublin, half in Powell. They loved the area. I visited several times and enjoyed it too. Not sure I can add anything more than that, however. Good luck!

I lived in Grove City for about 8 years, all over OH prior to. Grove City is the redneck neighbor at the bottom of 270 where Dublin is where the beautiful people live at the top of 270. That was 14 years ago, I moved to SC in 2007. Dublin was where you wanted to live if you were in Columbus when I was there. Lotta beautiful homes in the area, Muirfield Village Golf Club, good schools, easy access to the best parts of Columbus, good schools. Oh and The Ohio State Buckeyes!!!! What’s not to like?

I lived in Grove City for about 8 years, all over OH prior to. Grove City is the redneck neighbor at the bottom of 270 where Dublin is where the beautiful people live at the top of 270. That was 14 years ago, I moved to SC in 2007. Dublin was where you wanted to live if you were in Columbus when I was there. Lotta beautiful homes in the area, Muirfield Village Golf Club, good schools, easy access to the best parts of Columbus, good schools. Oh and The Ohio State Buckeyes!!!! What’s not to like?
This part.

I lived in Gahanna which is directly east of Dublin on the other side of Cbus. Dublin is a top 3 suburb in Cbus. Jack Nicklaus has his country club in Dublin. Very nice area!! 

I lived in Gahanna which is directly east of Dublin on the other side of Cbus. Dublin is a top 3 suburb in Cbus. Jack Nicklaus has his country club in Dublin. Very nice area!! 
Gahanna HS grad here.  Only spent my senior year there - lived in Academy Acres when it had just been built. 

I am Ohio born and raised - gotta believe the weather will be little nicer than Iowa - at the least the winters anyway.  

There is a lot of housing choices in a 20 minute driving radius.  Expensive like Dublin or Upper Arlington. Hilliard has all levels.  Country living in Plain City or Marysville (taxes are 50% lower than Dublin).  

Gahanna HS grad here.  Only spent my senior year there - lived in Academy Acres when it had just been built. 

I am Ohio born and raised - gotta believe the weather will be little nicer than Iowa - at the least the winters anyway.  
I am from the Cleveland area. Moved to Gahanna in 2010 with my wife and kids. Lived there for nine years and really liked Gahanna. Job moved me and the wife (kids are out of the house now) to northern Virginia. I’m about 24 miles from my house to the White House now. 

I've lived in Plain City, about 10-15 minutes west of Dublin my whole life and have worked in Dublin for 20 years.

Housing in Dublin can be a bit expensive, but there are alternatives close by if that is an issue. I like Hilliard, but you have to make sure that you are in the right area. Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions. 

My wife's company posted a job opening for a Director position in Dublin Ohio.  Is there anyone here that lives in the area?  We currently live in Iowa so would be a big move for us, but we only have 1 child left at home (biggest thing that would prevent the move - teenager).  We have talked about pulling up our roots and settling in another place and this came about sooner than expected.  It looks like housing there is quite a bit more than other locations, but not sure about other things. Climate would be pretty close to the same the way it looks, so maybe we will wait until something further south comes up.
I lived in the suburb of Gahanna for about 6 years before moving on.  Generally, anything in Dublin and Worthington areas is going to be super expensive.  My advice would be to look into the Hilliard area which is south of there.  The top of 270 during both rush hours is a nightmare, otherwise I would also recommend Westerville.

There is a lot of housing choices in a 20 minute driving radius.  Expensive like Dublin or Upper Arlington. Hilliard has all levels.  Country living in Plain City or Marysville (taxes are 50% lower than Dublin).  
:goodposting:

Grew up in Columbus (Clintonville, near OSU).  Lived/Worked in all parts around Cbus (Westerville, Hilliard, Grove City, New Albany, Downtown, Dublin).  Now live down near Cincinnati (Mason/West Chester).  I have to echo what others have said so far.  Dublin and Powell are definitely the high-end area on the North side of Columbus.  Aside from the multiple golf courses/country clubs, there's also the Zoo and a Waterpark (Zoombezi Bay) up there.  Used to love going there with my kids, and having two teenagers, they still remember and want to go to the Columbus Zoo.

I would also echo that you could live in Plain City or Marysville and get to Dublin rather easily.  Both nice areas, with plenty of land/room to grow.  Ohio weather is Ohio weather - you'll get to experience all 4 seasons within a day.  I've seen snow go to rain go to sunshine, with temps going from the 20s to the 60s between sunrise and sunset.  It's always full of surprises!

The top of 270 during both rush hours is a nightmare, otherwise I would also recommend Westerville.
Can confirm.  I lived in Westerville driving to Dublin for a job.  The traffic on the northside of the 270 outerbelt is ridiculous!  This should be avoided at all costs.

Oh...and you may get tempted to live in Upper Arlington and drive up to Dublin via 315.  Be warned that 315 has been "under construction" since 1980 and has never been completed.  I still get trapped with the notion that it will be an easy way to get from the southside of Columbus to the northside.   :wall:

Hey :bye: , I live in Dublin.  Grew up here and now live here with my wife and kids.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and I can give you the lowdown.

Users who are viewing this thread