What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you regret voting for Biden? (2 Viewers)

Do you regret voting for Biden?

• Yes, I voted for Biden but wish I had not.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • No, I voted for Biden and I'm glad I did.

Votes: 152 74.9%
  • I did not vote for Biden but I would like to vote in this poll.

Votes: 27 13.3%
  • I feel like none of the previous choices conveys my feelings.

Votes: 14 6.9%

• Total voters
Biden has been super busy with all the executive orders and such and such.  Anybody already changed their minds?
Biden wasn't my first choice - maybe not even my 4th or 5th but it's refreshing not seeing verbal diarrhea Tweeted on a daily basis and I'm no longer embarrassed by the guy running the country - even if I disagree with him.  So I got that going for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted for "I did not vote for but..."

I wish I would have. I voted Jorgensen. Stupid vote, if tactically sound.

Biden wasn't my first choice - maybe no even my 4th or 5th ...
I assume you mean in the primary, not the general.

I don't remember where I had Biden initially ranked in the primaries. I know I preferred Buttigieg and Klobuchar, but I don't remember who else I had ranked higher. I think I had a bunch of people ranked higher, and probably had Biden outside the top five.

In hindsight, I should have ranked Biden a lot higher. He's what we needed right now. Not only is he very solidly in my retroactive top five, but I might even put him at #1 ahead of Buttigieg just because I think it's important, right now, that we have a President who's been in Washington for multiple decades and has strong connections to long-standing institutions and norms. He remembers what it was like when things weren't so polarized. I think Buttigieg might be a future star, but it's not his time yet. It's Biden's.

I assume you mean in the primary, not the general.

I don't remember where I had Biden initially ranked in the primaries. I know I preferred Buttigieg and Klobuchar, but I don't remember who else I had ranked higher. I think I had a bunch of people ranked higher, and probably had Biden outside the top five.

In hindsight, I should have ranked Biden a lot higher. He's what we needed right now. Not only is he very solidly in my retroactive top five, but I might even put him at #1 ahead of Buttigieg just because I think it's important, right now, that we have a President who's been in Washington for multiple decades and has strong connections to long-standing institutions and norms. He remembers what it was like when things weren't so polarized. I think Buttigieg might be a future star, but it's not his time yet. It's Biden's.
Correct - in the primaries.  We'll never know for sure but I do think I was wrong and folks like Tim were right that Biden was maybe the only person who could have defeated Trump.  And I'm with you on Biden being what we need now - he's far from perfect but I feel like he's set a good tone of healing and getting back to normal.  I'm slightly optimistic once Covid and Trump are mostly behind us and that we can get back to normalcy.

I’m happy—primarily—with who’s he selected for cabinet positions, advisors, and comms team.  There’s a clear, obvious restoration to professionalism, transparency I missed dearly.  He’s a terrible debater and I think that disproportionally downgraded him in my eyes (and disproportionately elevated Buttigieg) during the primaries.  But I’m very glad I came around during the SC primaries because he’s exactly what we’ve needed. 

He may not be in my top 100 people I'd choose as President, but I'm delighted to have voted for him and not at all surprised or upset by anything he's done. Frankly I won't believe anyone voting differently unless they post an explanation. I just can't imagine anyone being surprised by anything he's done. 

In terms of being "tactically sound", I suspect that tactic was statistically equivalent to writing in Jourgensen.
Whoops. I think tactically useless is more what I was going for and morally sound was the key. But morally sound, for me, would have probably been to leave the top of the ticket blank. I agree enough with Jorgensen on other issues to vote for her, but her proposals/stance on COVID-19 were/was bonkers.

Disappointed so far.  He called Trump a dictator for all of his EO's and now he's surpassed Trump on the EO front and it's only his 1st two weeks.  So if Trump was a dictator, what does that make Biden?

Not happy with Dictators running our country (based on Biden's EO logic).  If I could change my vote from Trump to Biden I still wouldn't.  :shrug:

Not regretting it yet, most of his EOs have been to reverse Trump’s EOs, so I’m not bothered by them. There’s also an actual plan to combat Covid, which is still taking some getting used to.

So far, Biden has succeeded admirably in meeting my #1 expectation of not being Donald Trump.  He hasn't done anything crazy like nominating AOC for CIA Director or whatever.  All good on my end.
I like Biden a lot more than you. In fact, Ilikehim a lot, but this is pretty much how I feel as well. 

Not regretting it yet, most of his EOs have been to reverse Trump’s EOs, so I’m not bothered by them. There’s also an actual plan to combat Covid, which is still taking some getting used to.
Trump's EO's reversed a lot of Bad Obama EO's.  Still, you don't get call someone a dictator for using EO's and then surpass that guy.

Also, there was a plan to combat Covid in place before Biden was elected. 

The hyperbole and over-the-top drama you guys engage in makes it difficult to take a lot of posts seriously and makes actual, thoughtful discussion difficult.

Everything he has done was openly talked about throughout the campaign. It is hard to imagine how anyone could have buyer's remorse based on any of his actions on office. 

Trump's EO's reversed a lot of Bad Obama EO's.  Still, you don't get call someone a dictator for using EO's and then surpass that guy.

Also, there was a plan to combat Covid in place before Biden was elected. 

The hyperbole and over-the-top drama you guys engage in makes it difficult to take a lot of posts seriously and makes actual, thoughtful discussion difficult.
Trump was called a dictator for his repeated attempts at circumventing both law and proper protocols, with the use of EOs being just one example. Statements of fact are not hyperbole.

FWIW, limited data is available but there appears to have been a larger than usual numbers of people changing their party affiliations. If any group of voters regret who they voted for in that election, it appears to be Trump voters.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/536113-tens-of-thousands-of-voters-drop-republican-affiliation-after-capitol
That was just to get into the Dem primary so they could vote for the guy that would lose to Trump!!!!!!  Wait  :oldunsure:  

Whoa Nellie..the choices were very limited.  I voted against Trump not for Biden should be an option.

Trump was called a dictator for his repeated attempts at circumventing both law and proper protocols, with the use of EOs being just one example. Statements of fact are not hyperbole.
Agreed.  Saying there was no plan in place is not a statement of fact but, indeed, hyperbole.

Anyways, Biden's been a real disappointment so far.

Jury still out. Let's see if Joe can stick to his unity pledge and work out a bi-partisan deal on the stimulus. If not, then odds are we will remain divided for four more years so not such a huge leap forward.

BladeRunner said:
Agreed.  Saying there was no plan in place is not a statement of fact but, indeed, hyperbole.

Anyways, Biden's been a real disappointment so far.
Disappointment would be based on performance to an expectation.  Based on your posts, you clearly expected a poor performance - so disappointment would be performing better than you expected.

Voted for Biden.  Like IK said, he's done a great job at not being Trump, but I'm incredibly frustrated with how he has handled the stimulus package.  it's been infuriating watching him and his team negotiate against themselves after swearing up and down that the people would have $2K checks immediately.  All of the EO stuff is window dressing for me right now.

eta I voted #4

I voted for Biden and so far am pleasantly surprised.   He seems to have learned from Obama's mistakes of 2009 and while he is throwing around his many years of navigating DC he isn't pretending that the "party of no" will ever come around if he just reasons with them.  Maybe this "get on board or get run over" attitude only applies to Covid, but that might just be enough.

Was that the same plan that killed north of 400,000 Americans?
No, that wasnt the plan.

I've said that Trump deserves criticism for his handling of covid but so many refuse to give him any credit for getting a vaccine up to 1 million a day within a year of the virus hitting our country.

That requires planning.

No, that wasnt the plan.

I've said that Trump deserves criticism for his handling of covid but so many refuse to give him any credit for getting a vaccine up to 1 million a day within a year of the virus hitting our country.

That requires planning.
Very true, that does require planning, which I highly doubt Trump was heavily involved in. The planning was likely done without his knowledge by people who actually knew what went into the entire process, and implemented the same way.

So, all the blame but none of the credit.

Got it.
Was he involved in the vaccine trials? Then I’ll give him all the credit in the world, but he absolutely hamstrung every effort we put forth at the beginning of this pandemic all for the sake of the economy, not to mention his mockery of both health safety measures and the people who used them.

Was he involved in the vaccine trials? Then I’ll give him all the credit in the world, but he absolutely hamstrung every effort we put forth at the beginning of this pandemic all for the sake of the economy, not to mention his mockery of both health safety measures and the people who used them.
What?  He literally coined the term warpspeed. 

Trumps gone time to let it go, this thread is supposed to be about Biden. lol

Users who are viewing this thread