What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Marjorie Taylor Greene Thread (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
She really deserves a thread of her own at this point since she is rapidly becoming the most popular politician in the Republican Party outside of former President Trump (who called her up a few days ago to cheer her on.) She is unrepentant and defiant and refuses to apologize for any of her suggestions, such as the assassinations of Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats, the idea that Parkland and Sandy Hook were false flag hoaxes, and the interesting notion that California forest fires have been started by Jewish space lasers. Mitch McConnell’s recent condemnation has only resulted in Taylor Greene becoming more popular and raising boatloads of cash. Kevin McCarthy seems terrified of her and what she might say or do next and is reluctant to take any action; at the same time Republicans under his supposed leadership are moving Heaven and earth to destroy a Republican Congresswoman: only it’s not Marjorie Taylor Greene, it’s Liz Cheney, who dared to vote to impeach Donald Trump. 

Is Marjorie Taylor Greene the immediate  future of the GOP? 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
She raised like 100K. While that is a lot of money, I am not sure it is boatloads. And while she is popular with a small section of the republican party, I think she is in no way the most popular.

She is nuts though

Sadly, this is another one of those topics where it's hard to have an intelligent, adult conversation while staying within this forum's moderation policies.  We're not supposed to describe other people as being stupid, crazy, etc.  But that leaves us without an appropriate vocabulary to discuss Ms. Jewish Space Laser.  I mean, it's not as if we're talking about somebody who thinks that capital gains taxes should be a little bit lower or that immigration standards should be tightened up a bit.  Those are reasonable positions that a sane, well-educated person might hold.  This person holds quite a few beliefs that are not only vile, but also that are firmly ensconced in some sort of bizarre fantasy land.  

To answer your last question, I'm assuming that Greene will represent a fringe even in Trump-world, but yes this is the direction the GOP is heading.

She raised like 100K. While that is a lot of money, I am not sure it is boatloads. And while she is popular with a small section of the republican party, I think she is in no way the most popular.

She is nuts though
She raised that amount in a few hours and it continues to go up. As for her popularity I have nothing to go on other than what I’m reading but who outside of Trump is currently more popular? 

Is Marjorie Taylor Greene the immediate  future of the GOP? 
To me, she is the living, breathing embodiment of "click-bait". I have no use for her and still question the rights of everyone that cast a ballot for her to ever vote again.

As to your question, and as a member of the GOP, she does not represent me or my beliefs in any way, shape or form. I am hopeful that the former President that created her is a speed bump in the history of the United States and these kind of people slink back into the fringe darkness from whence they came.

To me, she is the living, breathing embodiment of "click-bait". I have no use for her and still question the rights of everyone that cast a ballot for her to ever vote again.

As to your question, and as a member of the GOP, she does not represent me or my beliefs in any way, shape or form. I am hopeful that the former President that created her is a speed bump in the history of the United States and these kind of people slink back into the fringe darkness from whence they came.
Most of the conservatives I know personally feel exactly the way you do, including those who voted for Donald Trump a second time around. 
But apparently the base of the party doesn’t feel that way. Or else why is McCarthy so hesitant to strip her of her committees and party privileges? He had no trouble doing it to Steve King a few years ago. Why does he seem so afraid of this woman? 

Most of the conservatives I know personally feel exactly the way you do, including those who voted for Donald Trump a second time around. 

But apparently the base of the party doesn’t feel that way. Or else why is McCarthy so hesitant to strip her of her committees and party privileges? He had no trouble doing it to Steve King a few years ago. Why does he seem so afraid of this woman? 
He is not afraid of this woman. She has the Trump stamp of approval and it is Trump that he is afraid of. 

I honestly don't know and really struggle with that. The only thing I can come up with is there is still the Trump hangover and uncertainty what he will do next. So many of the party hitched their wagon to him I think there is still a fear to go against that group. Really don't know, just spitballing.

This is wordplay. He’s afraid of her, afraid of Trump, most of all afraid of the base who cheer both of them on. 
No it's not. If Trump had not recently given her his support, she already would have been stripped her of her committees

Last edited by a moderator:
It took them nearly 16 years to strip King. He was saying and believing in crazy things long before they finally did the right thing

Schiff weighs in on MTG:

Adam Schiff @AdamSchiff 35m

Marjorie Taylor Greene propagates conspiracy theories.

Supported comments calling for assassinations.

Made racist & anti-Semitic remarks.

Even mocked a school gun violence survivor.

She has no business on the@EdLaborCmt.

But then, McCarthy has no business being@GOPLeader

https://twitter.com/AdamSchiff/status/1356983709145178112

i trulytrulytruly wish there was more diversity in this forum (nobody's fault - just a FFB demo) because i dont feel right about arguing racial or gender politics with a buncha ol' white doods. cuz most of what i have to say about this'n (tho i wish the opinion world could get to a point where we stop giving threadfocus to aberrance) has to do with women & power.

I dunno, Greene seems to fit in well with today's GOP and the GOP's base. She is the female equivalent of Trump.  It wouldn't surprise me to see her make a presidential run in 2024 or be selected as his running mate if he decides to run again.

I dunno, Greene seems to fit in well with today's GOP and the GOP's base. She is the female equivalent of Trump.  It wouldn't surprise me to see her make a presidential run in 2024 or be selected as his running mate if he decides to run again.
The 2024 Republican primaries are going to wild when you think about Kristi Noem occupying the "moderate" lane.

Today, from the subject of this thread:

Marjorie Taylor Greene @mtgreenee 3h

No matter what @GOPLeader does it would never be enough for the hate America Democrats.

As much as he genuinely tries to work with @SpeakerPelosi for the good of this country, she refuses to see the hypocrisy of her own conference.

Filled with members who supported, cheered on, & funded criminal thugs who riot, burn, loot, attack police, murder, & occupy federal property.

Members who sleep with our greatest enemy, marry their brother to get him in our country, lead a violent mob in neighborhoods, and more.

They are only set out to destroy Republicans, your jobs, our economy, your children’s education and lives, steal our freedoms, and erase God’s creation.

And the bloodthirsty media are their henchmen who help them by relentlessly attacking anyone in their path.

We know who they all are.

We owe them no apologies

We will never back down.

We only serve the ONE who created us ALL, and we only bow to HIM.

And we know who we are, free and saved by HIS grace.

No matter what.

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1356949517061480449

I haven’t been following this story too closely, but given that she was the chosen representative for the people in her district, I’m not sure I support stripping her of her recent committee appointments for statements she made before she was voted in. And can she really do any damage as the junior member of a committee?

• Smile
Reactions: JAA

No matter what @GOPLeader does it would never be enough for the hate America Democrats.

As much as he genuinely tries to work with @SpeakerPelosi for the good of this country, she refuses to see the hypocrisy of her own conference.

Filled with members who supported, cheered on, & funded criminal thugs who riot, burn, loot, attack police, murder, & occupy federal property.

Members who sleep with our greatest enemy, marry their brother to get him in our country, lead a violent mob in neighborhoods, and more.

They are only set out to destroy Republicans, your jobs, our economy, your children’s education and lives, steal our freedoms, and erase God’s creation.

And the bloodthirsty media are their henchmen who help them by relentlessly attacking anyone in their path.

We owe them no apologies

We will never back down.

No matter what.

It seems like trying to take her down is only serving to increase her profile and notoriety. 

I haven’t been following this story too closely, but given that she was the chosen representative for the people in her district, I’m not sure I support stripping her of her recent committee appointments for statements she made before she was voted in. And can she really do any damage as the junior member of a committee?
There have been plenty of loony statements since her election in November.

We owe them no apologies

We will never back down.

No matter what.

I hate the "they" & "them" pronouns. I'm also a religious man and I know the God I follow doesn't support any of the Neanderthal nonsense posted above. I'm pretty sure He doesn't care about politics in general other than 'give Caesar his due' but that's for another thread.

Sadly, this is another one of those topics where it's hard to have an intelligent, adult conversation while staying within this forum's moderation policies.  We're not supposed to describe other people as being stupid, crazy, etc.  But that leaves us without an appropriate vocabulary to discuss Ms. Jewish Space Laser.  I mean, it's not as if we're talking about somebody who thinks that capital gains taxes should be a little bit lower or that immigration standards should be tightened up a bit.  Those are reasonable positions that a sane, well-educated person might hold.  This person holds quite a few beliefs that are not only vile, but also that are firmly ensconced in some sort of bizarre fantasy land.  

To answer your last question, I'm assuming that Greene will represent a fringe even in Trump-world, but yes this is the direction the GOP is heading.
I'm (one of the few) conservatives that peek into here.  My personal opinion - she's a total loon and should be ignored.  

Though I really like the idea of space lasers.  Is Dr. Evil up there doing this?  I really want a worldwide Dr. Evil broadcast...

I think MTG and AOC are similar in that they both serve as avatars of outrage.

When I see an article about MTG these days, my fingers start to move in the direction of clicking the link and I feel anticipatory pleasure knowing that I'm going to read something deliciously outrageous. It's fun to read about people who deserve mockery.

I imagine that a decent segment of the population feels similarly when they see a headline in right-wing media about AOC.

I don't think it's a healthy reaction in either case. Reading about MTG should be done, if at all, with a dutiful sense of dread, not gleeful mockery. I have to make a conscious effort to notice when I'm approaching an MTG link with excitement rather than dread ... and then summon the discipline to skip it, at least until I'm in a better frame of mind for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

We owe them no apologies

We will never back down.

No matter what.

As I said, she should do well.  This is what millions of Republicans believe and want in their representatives.

There have been plenty of loony statements since her election in November.
But they are consistent with her pre-election statements.

There's an argument to be made that people knew she was crazy when they elected her, she hasn't become unexpectedly more crazy since then, so she should get to represent her district the same way any other duly elected representative would.

The counterargument is that committee assignments aren't earned merely by winning an election. She can represent her district by voting on stuff. But when it comes to committee assignments, party leadership should rein in the crazy even if the voters in a particular district will not. That's what party leadership is for.

If you found out she ran unopposed would that change your view?

Based on some of her views, she doesn't seem like she belongs on an education committee 

If Greene issues an apology to the Parkland parents and others, there might not be a vote on her committee assignments. That would be a start to the healing. 

This is a fair point. I support the idea of giving a second chance to a politician who claims that school shootings were a hoax and that the victims were really actors...........

.......as long as they disavow what they said and publicly apologize to the shooting victims and their parents.

Has Taylor Greene done that?

I hate the "they" & "them" pronouns. I'm also a religious man and I know the God I follow doesn't support any of the Neanderthal nonsense posted above. I'm pretty sure He doesn't care about politics in general other than 'give Caesar his due' but that's for another thread.
Why you gotta do Neanderthals like that?

Why you gotta do Neanderthals like that?
Taylor Greene is no Neanderthal. She’s college educated, a product of her culture. Referring to her as a “loon” ignores the fact that many of her ideas have been carefully nurtured by right wing media and tolerated by right wing politicians for decades. Guys like McConnell can criticize her all they want (and I’m glad they are) but they created her. 

Taylor Greene is no Neanderthal. She’s college educated, a product of her culture. Referring to her as a “loon” ignores the fact that many of her ideas have been carefully nurtured by right wing media and tolerated by right wing politicians for decades. Guys like McConnell can criticize her all they want (and I’m glad they are) but they created her. 

Trump, the GOP, hatred, racism, fearmongering....that all created MTG and has poisoned the Republican party.

Referring to her as a “loon” ignores the fact that many of her ideas have been carefully nurtured by right wing media and tolerated by right wing politicians for decades.
Wait, so you're saying we've space lasers for decades?  How am I always the last to know about these things?

Users who are viewing this thread