Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Marjorie Taylor Greene Thread

3 hours ago, timschochet said:

Your reaction is just absurd. You made a dumb, unfunny attempt at humor. That happens. But now you’ve spent 4 posts whining about how nobody laughed with you. You accused me of not liking you personally, you accused the forum of being pro-liberal, you act like a victim. 
It wasn’t funny. Calling people morons isn’t funny. It has nothing to do with what political side you’re on. It’s stupid. It will always be stupid. You’re not a stupid guy so why not chalk it up to a dumb moment and move on? 

You really need to lighten up, Tim.

And you've even MADE UP an entire history of the exchange to justify your fake outrage.  Wow.

this whole reaction of yours is simply absurd.

Edited by BladeRunner

On 2/6/2021 at 4:24 PM, Apple Jack said:

UNF? No, it's not. But there is a part of the Virginia that is west of West Virginia. And Detroit, for that matter.

And Reno is further west than LA.

That is our geography lesson for today.  

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 7:21 PM, Captain Cranks said:

This take was lazy and off-base when Trump was in office and is even worse now. 

Anyway, help me reconcile how you say we shouldn't underestimate KM's political potential in one paragraph only to chastise MTG in the next for being a "politically inexperienced middle aged straight white woman without a military background."  

Beyond the obvious attractiveness difference, they're pretty similar prototypes to me:. White females with little political experience other than to be vicious Trump disciples.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayleigh_McEnany

McEnany is 32 years old and graduated in the top 1 percent of her class at Harvard Law. She's got a track record in the White House (Office of Communications) and MSM ( CNN) before Press Secretary and is endorsed by George W Bush and Mike Huckabee. McEnany got zero honeymoon period under Trump, she was immediately attacked and she held her own. If she ran for public office today, she IMMEDIATELY garners the support of Trump's entire base. She could easily become Mayor of a mid level sized area or join the HOR in an established red stronghold. Becoming WH Press Secretary is an incredible career achievement. She has national name brand recognition and can enter the daily media cycle on a semi regular basis because of it. She has an incredibly high Q Score and E Score considering she's linked to the Trump Administration. A lot of the critical suburban female voting base will see her as someone who made the most of an opportunity in front of her over her linkage to Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjorie_Taylor_Greene

MJT is 46 years old and a freshman in Congress. Where her background was running a business she inherited from her father and starting a Cross Fit Box. She's been linked to heavy conspiracy theories and has been turfed from Congressional committees. She has generated name brand recognition in the daily media cycle, but much of it leans negative. Her Q Score and E Score are tanked and probably for good.

VIDEO: JUST IN: Kayleigh McEnany GOES OFF on the New York Times •Jun 29, 2020

Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany slammed the New York Times and the Washington Post at the close of her press briefing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTuvkebxins

McEnany is incredibly prepared and was battle tested on one of the biggest stages during some of the most brutal moments in modern politics. What she's achieved at age 32 is incredible, your view of Orange Man Bad doesn't change that reality.

“McEnany is 32 years old and graduated in the top 1 percent of her class at Harvard Law.”

From your link: At the Miami School of Law, McEnany was a recipient of the Bruce J. Winick Award for Excellence, a scholarship awarded to students in the top 1% of their class.[5] She completed her second and third years of law school at Harvard, and graduated from Harvard in 2016.[2]

Still an achievement to be proud of, but not quite on par with top 1% at Harvard.

7 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

“McEnany is 32 years old and graduated in the top 1 percent of her class at Harvard Law.”

From your link: At the Miami School of Law, McEnany was a recipient of the Bruce J. Winick Award for Excellence, a scholarship awarded to students in the top 1% of their class.[5] She completed her second and third years of law school at Harvard, and graduated from Harvard in 2016.[2]

Still an achievement to be proud of, but not quite on par with top 1% at Harvard.

Miami is the Harvard of the South! :rant:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

9 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

"Not quite" doing a lot of heavy lifting here. :lol:

Controversial conspiracy congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene cheated on her husband with a polyamorous tantric sex guru, DailyMail.com has learned.

Then after ending her affair with him, the mom-of-three moved on to a gym manager behind her husband's back.

But despite the tawdry flings, Taylor Greene stuck with her husband Perry as she made her unlikely rise that has turned her into the most talked-about Republican in Washington, D.C.

Neither man denied the affairs when approached by DailyMail.com. 

Craig Ivey, the tantric sex practitioner, said: 'I will not respond to anything about this,' while the other man, Justin Tway, said: 'I have no interest in talking about anything to do with that woman. Everything with her comes to no good.'

Polyamorous tantric link

• Laughing 1

Say what you will about QAnon people, but between the polyamorous tantric sex guru and that shaman guy who stormed the capitol, these people live lives that are incredibly more interesting than mine.  I mean, here I am sitting in my office, and my big plans for the night involve getting slightly baked and playing XCOM.  I feel like I'm kind of wasting my life here.

• Like 7
  • Laughing 5

5 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Say what you will about QAnon people, but between the polyamorous tantric sex guru and that shaman guy who stormed the capitol, these people live lives that are incredibly more interesting than mine.  I mean, here I am sitting in my office, and my big plans for the night involve getting slightly baked and playing XCOM.  I feel like I'm kind of wasting my life here.

If it makes you feel any better, it's entirely possible that the shaman guy's daily life may soon be significantly less interesting.

14 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

If it makes you feel any better, it's entirely possible that the shaman guy's daily life may soon be significantly less interesting.

until shower time.  

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Boy, this article is just full of good nuggets.  Some highlights:

On Instagram, Ivey calls himself The Tantric Warrior, describing himself as 'Living a warrior lifestyle while finding tantric love'. He also participates in reenactments of medieval battles and teaches sword fighting. Above, he is seen dressed as Zangief' a character from video game Street Fighter II

Ivey's profile picture on his Facebook page shows him standing stark naked by a waterfall. He has now set up a gladiator bootcamp called The Ludus

In an undated video, Taylor Greene was seen dragging a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump on stage and then rubbing its crotch as she says how great he is

Medical News Today defines tantric sex as a 'slow, meditative form of sex where the end goal is not orgasm but enjoying the sexual journey and sensations of the body.'  :mellow:

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Let’s tread lightly with the slut shaming. Her taste in men may be bizarre, but it’s not disqualifying. You could argue that she’s a hypocrite for claiming to uphold Christian values, but the same can be said for most of Christians.

However, rubbing the crotch of a cardboard cutout in front of a political rally is just ... nuts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

9 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

However, rubbing the crotch of a cardboard cutout in front of a political rally is just ... nuts. 

She has bustingly good technique.  Clearly trained or experienced.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2021 at 4:58 PM, DaVinci said:

Let’s tread lightly with the slut shaming. Her taste in men may be bizarre, but it’s not disqualifying. 

She was sleeping with a guy that cosplays as Zangief from Street Fighter.  Honestly, she probably gained a point if anything.  Then the Crossift manager....whole thing is very Florida Man.  

• Laughing 1

On 2/11/2021 at 4:29 PM, General Malaise said:

In an undated video, Taylor Greene was seen dragging a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump on stage and then rubbing its crotch as she says how great he is.

I wish I could make up stuff this good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:
On 2/11/2021 at 1:29 PM, General Malaise said:

In an undated video, Taylor Greene was seen dragging a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump on stage and then rubbing its crotch as she says how great he is.

I wish I could make up stuff this good. 

I really need someone to create a mashup of that video with 8-bit Street Fighter sounds dubbed over it. ("ROUND ONE, FIGHT! HA-DOU-KEN!")

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/540375-marjorie-taylor-greenes-house-office-neighbor-posts-trans-flag-outside-door

Democrat posts trans flag across from Marjorie Taylor Greene's House office

Rep. Marie Newman (D-Ill.) said Wednesday she installed a trans pride flag outside her office after Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R.-Ga.), who works in a neighboring office, called an LGBTQ rights bill “an attack on God’s creation.”

“Our neighbor, @RepMTG, tried to block the Equality Act because she believes prohibiting discrimination against trans Americans is ‘disgusting, immoral, and evil.’ Thought we’d put up our Transgender flag so she can look at it every time she opens her door,” Newman tweeted.

The Illinois Democrat included a video of herself adding the flag and a shot of Greene’s office directly across the hall.

[...]

10 hours ago, squistion said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/540375-marjorie-taylor-greenes-house-office-neighbor-posts-trans-flag-outside-door

Democrat posts trans flag across from Marjorie Taylor Greene's House office

Rep. Marie Newman (D-Ill.) said Wednesday she installed a trans pride flag outside her office after Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R.-Ga.), who works in a neighboring office, called an LGBTQ rights bill “an attack on God’s creation.”

“Our neighbor, @RepMTG, tried to block the Equality Act because she believes prohibiting discrimination against trans Americans is ‘disgusting, immoral, and evil.’ Thought we’d put up our Transgender flag so she can look at it every time she opens her door,” Newman tweeted.

The Illinois Democrat included a video of herself adding the flag and a shot of Greene’s office directly across the hall.

[...]

MTG is a horrible human being and downright mentally unstable.  That said, I'm not a fan of this kind of trolling, no matter who does it.  If one wants to fly an LGBTQ flag to support the cause, I'm all for it.  Using the same flag to troll one's political opponents seems to make this about scoring cheap political/Instagram points versus actual support, though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rich Conway said:

MTG is a horrible human being and downright mentally unstable.  That said, I'm not a fan of this kind of trolling, no matter who does it.  If one wants to fly an LGBTQ flag to support the cause, I'm all for it.  Using the same flag to troll one's political opponents seems to make this about scoring cheap political/Instagram points versus actual support, though.

Yeah, that was epically stupid and plays right into her hands.

4 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Yeah, that was epically stupid and plays right into her hands.

Gives her the chance to play the victim...which is part of what she wants.  

See...they are oppressing us, they are trying to silence us...we are the victims...

That type of thing

• Like 1

Not mentioned in the little blurb above, but Representative Newman's daughter is transgender. So while it was a bit of trolling on her part, there was a personal connection to the cause.

The really disgusting part took place after Newman put up the flag though. Greene responded by hanging a large sign outside her door that reads "There are two genders: MALEand FEMALE. Trust the Science!"

This woman is a terrible person. Ugh

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rich Conway said:

1 minute ago, dawgtrails said:

Not mentioned in the little blurb above, but Representative Newman's daughter is transgender. So while it was a bit of trolling on her part, there was a personal connection to the cause.

The really disgusting part took place after Newman put up the flag though. Greene responded by hanging a large sign outside her door that reads "There are two genders: MALEand FEMALE. Trust the Science!"

This woman is a terrible person. Ugh

As if on cue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich Conway said:

This is another one of those stories where it's hard to tell if we're electing more toddlers to office than we used to, or if we've always elected toddlers and we're just now finding out about it thanks to social media.  

Either way, this is good information to have the next time somebody suggests that these folks should be trusted to pick winners and losers, regulate complicated marketplaces, redistribute large amounts of wealth in an intelligent manner, and so on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

This is another one of those stories where it's hard to tell if we're electing more toddlers to office than we used to, or if we've always elected toddlers and we're just now finding out about it thanks to social media.  

Either way, this is good information to have the next time somebody suggests that these folks should be trusted to pick winners and losers, regulate complicated marketplaces, redistribute large amounts of wealth in an intelligent manner, and so on.

The House of Representatives might be the most consistently petty collection of adults anywhere.

• Like 3

What an awful, terrible person. I mean, besides it being incorrect, what kind of person hangs a sign like that across the hall from a woman with a transgender child? And then brags about it?

She's just horrific. An awful, awful human being.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

5 hours ago, Apple Jack said:

The House of Representatives might be the most consistently petty collection of adults anywhere.

Something about breaking it down to individual districts vs the state wide elections for Senate and Governor gives us these special localized loonies.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

What did we all expect when this termagant was elected?  Better?  Not possible.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm well past sadness or outrage. I've moved right into full enjoyment of her Florida (wo)Man routine. 

For example!

MJT toured Orthodox Brooklyn recently. No confirmation if she was secretly searching for the Space Lasers (pew pew).  She was shown around by the brother of this, ah, freedom fighter.

12 hours ago, massraider said:

After QAnon terrorist Marjorie Greene stupidly called Guam a foreign land, Guam Rep. Michael F. Q. San Nicolas and members of the Guam National Guard paid the office she’s in a visit. Guam has been a US territory since 1898, its residents are US citizens.
https://t.co/Xj0BRES8HH

There is video.

Not a fan of Greene myself, but if you're more upset with a mistake about Guam being a foreign land than the fact that a member of congress brought the military to the Capitol for a purely partisan political stunt, you might have your priorities mixed.

7 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Not a fan of Greene myself, but if you're more upset with a mistake about Guam being a foreign land than the fact that a member of congress brought the military to the Capitol for a purely partisan political stunt, you might have your priorities mixed.

To be fair, if the roles were reversed and it were a Democrat who made that mistake...and a Republican of congress brought the military to to explain it to the Democrat... there wouldn't be enough mops in the country to mop up the excitement on Right Wing media sources.  

6 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

To be fair, if the roles were reversed and it were a Democrat who made that mistake...and a Republican of congress brought the military to to explain it to the Democrat... there wouldn't be enough mops in the country to mop up the excitement on Right Wing media sources.  

Oh no doubt. And I also agree with the "if the roles were reversed" check. Always a good check. At the end of the day it's a silly mistake and also silly political theater. 

32 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

I would think the part of my quote you snipped makes it clear I'm not upset at all about Representative Crossfit Cosplay Cheating QAnon not knowing anything about Guam. 

4 minutes ago, massraider said:

I would think the part of my quote you snipped makes it clear I'm not upset at all about Representative Crossfit Cosplay Cheating QAnon not knowing anything about Guam. 

I didn't snip anything and "upset" may not be the right word, but you certainly posted about it - without any comment about using the military for political props - so my opinion about priorities on all this still stands.

2 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

I didn't snip anything and "upset" may not be the right word, but you certainly posted about it - without any comment about using the military for political props - so my opinion about priorities on all this still stands.

Does anyone have have the time to be bothered about military being used for political props? 

I mean, how many days go by where this doesn't happen?

2 hours ago, massraider said:

Does anyone have have the time to be bothered about military being used for political props? 

I mean, how many days go by where this doesn't happen?

You're right about it being a political spectacle and that's a shame but I actually think it could make an impression on the senator and for her to realize that Guam is part of the US and not a foreign land.

54 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

You're right about it being a political spectacle and that's a shame but I actually think it could make an impression on the senator and for her to realize that Guam is part of the US and not a foreign land.

:unsure:  Don't give her any ideas!

• 2 weeks later...

"How much taxes and how much money did the people back in the ice age spend to warm up the earth?... maybe perhaps we live on a ball that rotates around the sun, that flies through the universe, and maybe our climate just changes."

REALLY?

Good enough for the ummm, Ice Age people, good enough for MJT.

On 3/16/2021 at 12:08 PM, massraider said:

Wasn't there a rep somewhere arguing at one point that Guam could tip over?