What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Time for new some cookware - whatchagot? (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
Have some good cast iron pans. Keeping those. It’s the everyday stuff that’s wearing out.  I do like to cook. We’re talking more than world class chili. I don’t like everything sticking. We have some serious cooks here. Recommendations?

I'm a big fan of Misen.  Have their non-stick and their carbon steel. The non-stick is unreal.  And I hated non-stick prior to these skillets.

I have also heard great things about the Made In line. Would probably have those since they're Austin based vs. Brooklyn but I already had Misen when Made In came out.

I'm a big fan of Misen.  Have their non-stick and their carbon steel. The non-stick is unreal.  And I hated non-stick prior to these skillets.

I have also heard great things about the Made In line. Would probably have those since they're Austin based vs. Brooklyn but I already had Misen when Made In came out.
do the Misen pans work on an induction stove top?  

Thanks.  Both look great.  Made In has my attention right now and I never heard of them before.  Power of the FFA!

Following as I need to replace/update skillets/sauce pans as well.  Have plenty of cast iron that I like a lot, much like @Judge Smails need to update our daily use stuff.

There's definitely other stuff we would consider with the knowledge we have now, but my wife and I have the all-clad stainless steel sets. They have been amazing for us for a few years with no sign of stopping. We cook a metric ####load and they are exceptional. In addition to the big base set, I'm adding a saucier (in hindsight I'd have just got one instead of a saucepan but I didn't know as much back then).

They are not cost effective. But the perform exceptionally well, and they have the nice benefit of showing that we do cook a lot and take it seriously, which has been a nice way to connect with folks who come over for one of the first time or twos - people who talk immediately about their cookware and why they chose xyz or how it performs cooking something tend to become our better friends quickly!

I'll never get to buy good stuff because my wife simply cannot comprehend what cooking tools DO NOT work on certain pans. She has destroyed pots and pans using metal utensils and such to stir things.

This is the same woman who cleans our stainless steel appliances with the green (scratch pad) side of the sponge.   :rant:

Serenity now......serenity now......

Same with Le Creuset. We have maybe a grand worth of the stuff, bought at a discount on Craigslist (new) and at the local outlet. We'll have them until we either pass on or can't lift them anymore.
Yep.  All Clad stainless (copper core is the bomb) And Le Creuset enameled cast iron is all you'll ever need.  Add in a Lodge cast iron piece or two and you're really set. 

Lots of Le Creuset fans here it seems.  I'll be the outlier on this one. I don't get the appeal other than the trendiness. I have some Le Creuset and I have some cheap enamel cookware.  No way is the Le Creuset worth the premium. It chips and stains as badly, if not worse, than the cheap stuff.  

started getting into cooking a lot this past year and finally looking for upgrades. 

Recently got a nice 6qt Dutch oven and I want to cook everything in that thing now... lots of info here, thanks. 

zoonation said:
Yep.  All Clad stainless (copper core is the bomb) And Le Creuset enameled cast iron is all you'll ever need.  Add in a Lodge cast iron piece or two and you're really set. 
I have a Lodge enameled cast iron and it's been excellent.  I'm sure it's because I'm not that good a cook but I cannot fathom how the Le Creuset could be better than the Lodge.

Users who are viewing this thread