What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl Menu - Pandemic edition (1 Viewer)

I dunno.   I usually make a vat of queso but I am not going to a party of any significance this year.  Probably just going to my parents and will order a pizza.  Maybe cheese/crackers as an appetizer.  I'll drink 3-4 beers tops.

If my dad, who's in chemo, isn't feeling up to it, I'll just watch at home and will eat whatever I have in the house.  
Best wishes to you and to your pops for a full and speedy recovery. 

Buffalo Chicken Dip:

INGREDIENTS

2 cups (500 ml) cooked shredded chicken 

8 ozs (225 g) cream cheese, softened 

1/2 cup (125 ml) FRANK'S RedHot® 

1/2 cup (125 ml) ranch dressing 

1 cup (250 ml) shredded cheese - can be cheddar, Tex Mex, Monterey Jack - whatever you prefer

PREHEAT oven to 350° F (180° C). MIX all ingredients in a large bowl. Spread mixture evenly into a baking dish.

Looking for a little more RedHot kick? Swap Buffalo N' Ranch Thick Sauce for the regular ranch dressing in this recipe!

BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. Serve with chips, crackers and/or cut up veggies.

We typically host the Super Bowl...but this year my wife and I wanted to simply sit on our collective asses and not do a thing. So we are headed to my wife's sister's house this year. My brother in-law will be making a pork tenderloin on the BBQ, we will be bringing my wife's world famous buffalo chicken dip, they will have his world famous homemade salsa. And his neighbor makes an incredible fresh from the ocean (not kidding about that either) smoked fish dip that is to die for.

Let’s do this!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno.   I usually make a vat of queso but I am not going to a party of any significance this year.  Probably just going to my parents and will order a pizza.  Maybe cheese/crackers as an appetizer.  I'll drink 3-4 beers tops.

If my dad, who's in chemo, isn't feeling up to it, I'll just watch at home and will eat whatever I have in the house.  
Hope your Dad feels better D

I'm listening
Diced onions

Diced green pepper 

Minced garlic

1lb chicken (boiled and shredded)

1 package taco mix

8oz of salsa 

1 can corn

1 can hominy 

1 can ranch beans

8oz tomato paste 

28oz chicken broth 

package of cream cheese

Saute the onions, peppers and garlic.  Add everything but the cream cheese.  Simmer an hour.  Melt the cream cheese in a cup or so of the broth then add to pot. Simmer 10 more minutes  serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chip scoops or over rice.

24 Bottles of Cold Snap by Sam Adams, don't drink any other kind of S.A. but all 3 of us celebrating tomorrow love this beer. Going to be dropping in early afternoon to grab a couple on tap about town...they only have this for maybe 2-3 weeks tops and then its gone. 

1 Bottle of Clase Azul Repasado, wife and I started sipping out of it last night...and we fell asleep quite early too...gotta be careful not to start drinking much of this until the 2nd Half. 

-Funky Buddha Floridan of course, Modelo Especial, we should be good to go...let's see oh yeah some food. 

Grilled Chix with Frank's Red Hot, wings, ground turkey tacos, some sort of cupcake or cake with Bucs/Chiefs logo from the bakery even if we just fling at each other outside

Martin Ray'18 Pinot Noir ready to pour the more refined pallets and I think we are all systems launch. 

We typically host the Super Bowl...but this year my wife and I wanted to simply sit on our collective asses and not do a thing. So we are headed to my wife's sister's house this year. My brother in-law will be making a pork tenderloin on the BBQ, we will be bringing my wife's world famous buffalo chicken dip, they will have his world famous homemade salsa. And his neighbor makes an incredible fresh from the ocean (not kidding about that either) smoked fish dip that is to die for.

Let’s do this!
You'll bring beer and wine of course for all these great chefs?

Cholula and garlic marinated smoked drumsticks

Panko fried oysters

Home made tortilla chips with guacamole and queso

Pork, mushroom, and bok choy wontons, steamed, then pan-fried in sesame oil with wasabi and apricot sauces

Château Les Aubiers 2016 Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux*, Margaritas and beer.

Oat meal, cane syrup and pecan lace cookies.

* currently on clearance at some Costcos for $4.97 (85% discount)

Cholula and garlic marinated smoked drumsticks

Panko fried oysters

Home made tortilla chips with guacamole and queso

Pork, mushroom, and bok choy wontons, steamed, then pan-fried in sesame oil with wasabi and apricot sauces

Château Les Aubiers 2016 Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux, Margaritas and beer.

Oat meal, cane syrup and pecan lace cookies.
Get a load of this!

Pulled pork sliders/Cole slaw

buffalo chicken dip

Hot crab dip

spinach artichoke dip

guac

veggie tray

beef sticks n smoked cheeses

enough booze to make me miserable at work on Monday. Because the stupid NFL won’t move the game to Saturday 

Eta: cannolis

Pulled pork sliders/Cole slaw

buffalo chicken dip

Hot crab dip

spinach artichoke dip

guac

veggie tray

beef sticks n smoked cheeses

enough booze to make me miserable at work on Monday. Because the stupid NFL won’t move the game to Saturday 

Eta: cannolis
great edit. Leave the gun... take the cannoli.

So looks like it is shaping up as Ribs (Some dry rub, some regular BBQ Sauce, Some spicy BBQ)  Wings (with an assortment of sauces from mild to make your mouth feel funny for 30 minutes), homemade mac and cheese, baked beans, roasted cauliflower (can also be tossed in the sauces), followed with a dessert called Oreo Yum Yum.  

With little smokies in BBQ sauce concoction and some smoked italian meatball and a raw veggie plate for apps.

Smoke Grilled Buffalo Wings (representing Team Spicy)

Crostinis with seafood spread and cheese (representing Team Cool)
I grabbed THE LAST package of wings at Publix. Team Spicy has audibled to a new lineup addition and set some smoke grilled buffalo chicken thighs in motion as well

Buffalo Chicken Dip:

INGREDIENTS

2 cups (500 ml) cooked shredded chicken 

8 ozs (225 g) cream cheese, softened 

1/2 cup (125 ml) FRANK'S RedHot® 

1/2 cup (125 ml) ranch dressing 

1 cup (250 ml) shredded cheese - can be cheddar, Tex Mex, Monterey Jack - whatever you prefer

PREHEAT oven to 350° F (180° C). MIX all ingredients in a large bowl. Spread mixture evenly into a baking dish.

Looking for a little more RedHot kick? Swap Buffalo N' Ranch Thick Sauce for the regular ranch dressing in this recipe!

BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. Serve with chips, crackers and/or cut up veggies.
Want to know what is really good in this?  Instead of the 2 cups cooked shredded chicken, pull apart a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket and toss all of that in.

Keeping it simple this year. No fail ribs and Cajun cole slaw. Mrs.O is still bitter about the Packers losing.  :kicksrock:

Going to try a new spin on Mexican‐themed Pizza. Will coat the crust with refrieds and Chipotle peppers packed in Adobe sauce, and then top with chorizo,  onion, green New Mexico chile, cheddar, fresh mozzarella chunks, and of course, parm.

I have Italian sausage and pepperoni as my backup if things don't go well with the Mexican experiment.

Also have an 8-pack of traditional Buffalo wings from Wing Stop.  :wub:

Crawfish, oysters, and shrimp in remoulade?
How are you preparing the oyster? I fried in Panko last time because a seafood joint outside of Galveston used to make them , freeze then and fry to order. It works pretty well, but just too much breading. I prefer just rolling dried filets in cornmeal and S&P. 

Users who are viewing this thread