What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl Menu - Pandemic edition (1 Viewer)

Going to try a new spin on Mexican‐themed Pizza. Will coat the crust with refrieds and Chipotle peppers packed in Adobe sauce, and then top with chorizo,  onion, green New Mexico chile, cheddar, fresh mozzarella chunks, and of course, parm.

I have Italian sausage and pepperoni as my backup if things don't go well with the Mexican experiment.

Also have an 8-pack of traditional Buffalo wings from Wing Stop.  :wub:
It might be interesting to add a layer of crumbled tortilla chips above or below the beans.

Cholula and garlic marinated smoked drumsticks  way too dry and acidic. Found out in tiem to throw a rack of St; Louis on the smoker. We'll be fine

Panko fried oysters

Home made tortilla chips with guacamole and queso

Pork, mushroom, and bok choy wontons, steamed, then pan-fried in sesame oil with wasabi and apricot sauces these fillings were delicious, but their assembly was a HUGE PITA, and most of all, I can buy them from people who  doa better job. Instead I will used the pork and shrimp mixture for nachos. 

These moves are know as the FLEX defense.

Château Les Aubiers 2016 Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux*, Margaritas and beer.

Oat meal, cane syrup and pecan lace cookies.

* currently on clearance at some Costcos for $4.97 (85% discount)

Fry them in a pan of hot oil. about 2-3 min at 350 degrees (try not to catch the kitchen on fire).
I'm a BIG fan of frying tortillas in oil, homestyle, but that's a project I can't take on at this moment... cause if I'm in for frying one tortilla,  I'm in for 36.

Ugh, the chipotles packed in abobo sauce was a bad choice. It brought way too much vinegar to the dish.  The wings were awesome. 

Totinos pizzas cut into 1/8ths disappear more quickly than anything else I've ever made.  :whitetrash: 

I'm so late to this party and sad.

We had a smoked pork shoulder.  And it was killer by itself.  Smokey, juicy, tender.

And we had chips and queso, so I had this biggest plate of BBQ Nahos of my life.  Tom may be the GOAT, but those nachos were a close 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Results of yesterday...

Rubbed and ready to hit the KJ

Ready and Sliced

Plated and delicious

3 racks...2 dry rub, one I gave a little brush of sauce.  Some mac and cheese with a little kick...and some grilled/roasted cauliflower that I let get away from me on the gas grill...I like a little "char" but not that much.  Was all still tasty.  Ribs probably could have gone another 20 minutes.  They are really really good...but that little extra time would have made them pull a little cleaner from the bone.  One rack was almost perfect...the other two had a tiny bit more tug than I wanted.  But the 3 friends I had here and my son thought they were fantastic...and my son said they were better than what I had done for his birthday even (I think I had a better cook on his birthday ribs...but got better flavor and smoke on this round of ribs).

Bleh.  With the wife being sick, I stayed home and watched with my kids (although they were just glued to their personal screens the whole time).  So the menu consisted of a pan pizza and cheesy bread from Domino's.  The wife came out of the master bedroom wanting a Greek salad and hummus, so ran down the street to pick that up for her right before halftime.

I have a feeling I'll be in the mood for a big blowout SB party next year!

Users who are viewing this thread