What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Scoring System feedback and revision (1 Viewer)

RoosterScott

Footballguy
I'm looking to revise my PPR scoring system for my fantasy football league. I'm thinking about adding fumbles. This system gets criticism in the QB dept. Ppl say it's too even as QBs should be valued more. I'm just looking for honest feedback and suggestions of what to alter (and how much). Thanks

16 teams, 4 division, 2 conferences. Starters 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Flex (WR, RB, TE)

Scoring:

Touchdowns-Rushing and Receiving 6

Touchdowns-Special Teams* 6

Touchdowns-Passing 4

Conversion-2 pt. rush 2

Conversion-2pt. pass 2

Conversion-2pt. rec. 2

Extra Point 1

Field Goals (up to 49 yards) 3

Field Goals (50 + yards) 5

Passing Yards (.030 per yard) 1 point per 30 yards

Interceptions thrown -.5

Rushing Yards (.1 per yard) 1 point per 10 yards

Receiving Yards (.1 per yard) 1 point per 10 yards

Reception .25

10 Rushing Attempts (.1 each) 1

10 Completions (.1 each) 1

*Individual Scoring that may occur on Special Teams

If any player in a starting lineup scores in any fashion, that owner and player is credited with the score.

I personally don’t like including fumbles. Not a fan of any negative points, INT, missed FG, etc.  Don’t like kickers on rosters either but if using them I like every yard adds a .1. So a 47 yard FG would be 4.7, 58 yard FG 5.8. 

Not a fan of rushing attempts or completions. 

My personal opinion, I do like negative points. Our league does -1 pt/INT and -1 pt/FUM. And I think that may be too little. I don't know, but I just feel like how you feel about your fantasy player's performance should mirror how his real team feels about his performance, at least fairly closely. If you've got Johnny Gunslinger at QB and he throws 77 passes for 386 yds, 3 TD, and 6 INT, are you happy with his performance from a real life coach's perspective? I wouldn't be. I have no problem giving full 6-pt credit for passing TD's, on the other hand. But turnovers are pretty serious.

We do 5-point bonuses for hitting yardage thresholds in passing (300), rushing (150), and receiving (150). If you wanted to amplify the QB you could throw in a threshold bonus for passing only, maybe.

I would disagree with the comment that QB should be worth more.  We have tried to make our scoring systems so that each tier across positions were as equal as possible.  Meaning Tier 1 QB = Tier 1 RB = Tier 1 TE = Tier 1 WR.  This way no positiin is dominant and it allows each owner to structure their team in multiple ways.  It doesn't lock you into needing a QB or RB or ? to compete.

I can't really make any suggestions of how to alter your scoring without knowing what you are trying to accomplish.  If its to make QB more valuable then make all TD's 6 pts and lower their point per yard plateaus.  

But I wouldn't want to make any position more valuable so I would be monitoring the distribution of positions across the top 8×16 players (128 players - starters) and see if every position is represented equally.  That would be my goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal opinion, I do like negative points. Our league does -1 pt/INT and -1 pt/FUM. And I think that may be too little. I don't know, but I just feel that the way you feel about your fantasy player's performance should mirror how his real team feels about his performance, at least fairly closely. If you've got Johnny Gunslinger at QB and he throws 77 passes for 386 yds, 3 TD, and 6 INT, and the team loses 52-31 because of the mistakes, are you happy with his performance from a real life coach's perspective? I wouldn't be. I have no problem giving full 6-pt credit for passing TD's, on the other hand, rather than the 4 points you're giving. But turnovers are pretty serious, in my opinion.

We do 5-point bonuses for hitting yardage thresholds in passing (300), rushing (150), and receiving (150). If you wanted to amplify the QB you could throw in a threshold bonus for passing only, maybe.

My personal opinion, I do like negative points. Our league does -1 pt/INT and -1 pt/FUM. And I think that may be too little. I don't know, but I just feel that the way you feel about your fantasy player's performance should mirror how his real team feels about his performance, at least fairly closely. If you've got Johnny Gunslinger at QB and he throws 77 passes for 386 yds, 3 TD, and 6 INT, and the team loses 52-31 because of the mistakes, are you happy with his performance from a real life coach's perspective? I wouldn't be. I have no problem giving full 6-pt credit for passing TD's, on the other hand, rather than the 4 points you're giving. But turnovers are pretty serious, in my opinion.

I like keeping the positions equal. A few owners were complaining. What are you thoughts about bonuses for TD length?

I like keeping the positions equal. A few owners were complaining. What are you thoughts about bonuses for TD length?
Hm that's an interesting idea, but as far as the sensibility of it I would be against it. The reason being, that the yardage is already [edit] being accounted for in the passing yardage points. On the other hand, the field goal points varying according to yardage makes sense to me because there aren't already "field goal yards" in the fantasy scoring. But there are passing yardage points so it would seem a little redundant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread