What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Chris Wesseling (1 Viewer)

Before he moved onto bigger and better things with NFL.com and the NFL network, Chris was a long-timer here, posting as @Fear & Loathing and OP of the greatest thread in Shark Pool history, the years-running Dynasty thread that (with an additional hat tip to the contributions by @Adam Harstad and others) absolutely helped me refine my game and win multiple dynasty titles. He lost his long time battle with cancer today.  He seemed like an incredible guy and just had a son.

RIP Chris #fcancer

https://twitter.com/lakishajackson/status/1358177939880173572?s=10

Last edited by a moderator:
dang. so sad.

RIP

that dynasty thread was the same amazing source of info and learning right when I was starting in dynasty leagues as well.

Awful news.

Like a few have already said, his dynasty ranking thread was by far my favorite thread to log in here to look at many years ago.  Really was a main contributor to my enjoyment for this game. 

RIP Chris.

Before he moved onto bigger and better things with NFL.com and the NFL network, Chris was a long-timer here, posting as @Fear & Loathing and OP of the greatest thread in Shark Pool history, the years-running Dynasty thread that (with an additional hat tip to the contributions by @Adam Harstad and others) absolutely helped me refine my game and win multiple dynasty titles. He lost his long time battle with cancer today.  He seemed like an incredible guy and just had a son.

RIP Chris #fcancer

Terrible..Does not look very old.  RIP

The room will never be filled with heroes again. I love that he had his time with Lakisha and Linc after the first diagnosis, and am so sad that he’s gone.

Sad news. I first got to know Chris through his work at Rotoworld and his Sons of the Tundra dynasty blog. He was a huge fan of the TV show "Northern Exposure" and joked that I should surrender my username on FBG to him.

I would email or DM him on Twitter with fantasy football questions and we used to end up discussing many other topics like music (especially Warren Zevon).

I used to rely a lot on his opinions and Evan Silva's when deciding what to do with my dynasty teams.

I never met him, but still feel like I knew him. Huge loss for fantasy football, but even bigger for his wife and recently born son. Actually it is a big loss for humanity in general because the world needs more people like Chris.

RIP Chris #fcancer

Horrible news. How long ago did he post here?I remember seeing the name but yrs ago I was more of a casual poster and more of an onlooker reader 

I also remember the name and never knew that was him. When I read what his wife wrote today and seeing the pic of him with his son my heart broke for them. So sad and way to soon. 

RIP

Damn. Saw this on Twitter and came to this board as was pretty sure he was a poster here. His dynasty stuff was excellent. 

RIP Chris

His Dynasty Rankings thread (which covered more than that) was hands down the best dynasty thread this forum has ever seen (even though his rankings were a bit, um, quirky at times). 

For those who may have missed it:

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/283290-dynasty-rankings/

I interacted with him in that thread and although I never met him, all accounts seem to be that he was a quality human being. RIP. 

I never knew he posted on here but I'm a big fan of Around The NFL podcast. I felt like I lived his cancer journey right along with him. Listening in, you could feel the joy once he overcame his first bought with cancer, got married and had a child. Then the devastation when the cancer came back. He attempted to do the podcast with the other guys during this last round of chemo but he sounded terribly weak and could usually only do one segment if any at all. Really, really sad to hear this news.

Sad to hear this, I was in a hard fought dynasty league with Chris.  Cancer sucks. 

A good man.  I enjoyed our exchanges.  I always appreciated using your opinions as a touchstone for verifying my thoughts on a player.  The world is a less bright now.

Sad to hear this, I was in a hard fought dynasty league with Chris.  Cancer sucks. 
Neo above turned me on to his work and that Tundra blog, and my dynasty views had a roadmap from that point on.

May God Bless his wife and son and hold them safe.   Rest in Peace Chris Wesseling

I stopped following football a few years ago and so when the news finally arrived at my door that F and L had passed away I came here immediately to look for a thread. Glad I found it.

His dynasty stuff probably (my opinion) inspired the popularity of dynasty leagues more than anything else around here. His thread was legendary. It always cracked me up that once he started hitting the big time as a journalist he was always a little snarky about giving fantasy advice considering the background he came from, but I think he was right. (Sorry fantasy friends).

Flags Fly Forever

Rest in Peace.... damn

Users who are viewing this thread