What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Kansas City at Tampa Bay +3(56)*** Officially Un-Official Super Bowl 55 GT, Mahomes vs Brady, KC visits Bucsland again, Alcohol Moat starting to sw (1 Viewer)

Like many of you I will be hosting a SB party in my house, not likely to be online as much. 

I have not seen a lot of folks calling for a major blowout in this game either way. I hope the Bucs can reverse the score from earlier in the season and that is what I am going to project. 

Bucs 27...Chiefs 24 and this score seems to be popular whichever team is picked by their fan base. Good luck to the Chiefs and their fans and GO BUCS!!!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad raised me a huge KC fan so I'm leaving early tomorrow morning to go watch the game with my parents. Did the same thing last year and it was pretty special -- hoping for a repeat.  :football:  Go Chiefs!
Trying to get my kid to buy in. He refuses to wear my ~25 year old, tore up, Dale Carter jersey. I guess I'll have to!

Bucs 34-17.  When the chiefs show they can stop the run I'll pick them, but with the way Bucs O-line,  Ronald Jones and L. Fournette have been playing, I don't see how the chiefs offense sess the field. Think about what these Road Warriors have done - winning in GB in Jan in a Championship game - that's happened, what, like 3 times in Packers history that they've lost a playoff game at home? They've beaten the 'Aints - a team that beat them badly 2x in regular season.

take the under, it's a defensive battle. Bucs are Road Warriors, remind me of 2007 Giants. And Bucs have chosen to use their road white jerseys. it's no wonder why.

chiefs seem to be a bit smug, almost arrogant. how many teams going to back2back SBs have actually won both? 

to me, this has the feeling of a game where the chiefs get punched in the mouth. I think they're drinking the 'we're a dynasty' kool-aid

we'll see.

Glad I got my money in with the hook at TB +3.5.... game could go either way and may well need it.

KC O-Line
KC Run D

Both Have massive question marks coming into the game. So often it seems when that's the case, those slighted/questioned groups rise to the occasion. 

Both teams can score fast.. so Live wagering will present a lot of opportunities, especially if one team gets up by a couple scores. 

As a lifer Pats fan with my parents having moved to Tampa... rooting for Tommy, Gronk and the rest of the Bucs. That said Mahommes / Kelce / Hill are as dangerous as they come. 

Hoping for a great game. Having one other couple over to watch with us. Cheers to the close of another season :banned:  

My dad raised me a huge KC fan so I'm leaving early tomorrow morning to go watch the game with my parents. Did the same thing last year and it was pretty special -- hoping for a repeat.  :football:  Go Chiefs!
My son rolled into town late last night, I ran out to the store this morning to get some more party supplies(beer n wings) for tonight. To watch the Bucs with my family today and have the Super Bowl party here in my house, I never thought this would happen. Very surreal experience. 

Chiefs O-line issues concern me,but I think Mahomes is athletic enough to overcome any pressure.

The stars will all show up for both teams,who will be the unexpected player to make a big play or plays?

I say Sammy Watkins.

Kansas City Chiefs-34.....Tampa Bay Buccaneers-30

Chiefs O-line issues concern me,but I think Mahomes is athletic enough to overcome any pressure.
I also think KC will do a better job scheming away from it. Tampa's DL has been playing really well down the stretch though. This is the key matchup without Fisher.

The Chiefs have a different gear which they started to show against Cle before Mahomes got hurt and again vs Buffalo. They bring that today and it might not be close. 

The Chiefs have a different gear which they started to show against Cle before Mahomes got hurt and again vs Buffalo. They bring that today and it might not be close. 
I cannot tell a lie, one of the first games I was thinking of was the horrific Sea/Den Super Bowl, something like 43-8 and I don't think I even watched a second of the 2nd Half. But this is a horse of a different color and Seattle had a bruising defense, Manning also seemed helpless, hard to see that happening to Brady tonight. The story is more about Mahomes and if the Bucs can bring the heat off the Tackle spots where they are missing starters. The flip side is teh Bucs defense has some serious playmakers. 

Wildcard tonight is starting to take shape...I dislike him honestly but Antonio Brown seems like he is going to be able to play and Brady loves him as a swiss army gadget that can do many things, going to be difficult to cover Godwin-Evans-Brown-Brate-Gronk-RoJo, and then Fournette maybe gashing a few runs, the Bucs are prepared to score 30-40 if need be. I thought the Chiefs defense looked better in '18 and '19 but they are not terrible by any stretch. Chiefs have a lot of playmakers on defense, Honey Badger being just one of them. 

Hoping for a great game tonight. 

I cannot tell a lie, one of the first games I was thinking of was the horrific Sea/Den Super Bowl, something like 43-8 and I don't think I even watched a second of the 2nd Half. But this is a horse of a different color and Seattle had a bruising defense, Manning also seemed helpless, hard to see that happening to Brady tonight. The story is more about Mahomes and if the Bucs can bring the heat off the Tackle spots where they are missing starters. The flip side is teh Bucs defense has some serious playmakers. 

Wildcard tonight is starting to take shape...I dislike him honestly but Antonio Brown seems like he is going to be able to play and Brady loves him as a swiss army gadget that can do many things, going to be difficult to cover Godwin-Evans-Brown-Brate-Gronk-RoJo, and then Fournette maybe gashing a few runs, the Bucs are prepared to score 30-40 if need be. I thought the Chiefs defense looked better in '18 and '19 but they are not terrible by any stretch. Chiefs have a lot of playmakers on defense, Honey Badger being just one of them. 

Hoping for a great game tonight. 
The Chiefs defense was absolutely horrible in 2018. That was when they fired Bob Sutton and hired Spagnoulo prior to 2019. It took them about 9 weeks last year to start coming together.

Spagnoulo is the x-factor for the Chiefs on defense.

This game is just so fascinating in that I can make a serious case for either team to win and both in a variety of ways. Should be great to see how it plays out.

If the Chiefs lose this game it will suck royally, but I would still tip my hat to Brady for winning on a completely different team and roster. Would be an amazing accomplishment.

Bucs 34-17.  When the chiefs show they can stop the run I'll pick them, but with the way Bucs O-line,  Ronald Jones and L. Fournette have been playing, I don't see how the chiefs offense sess the field. Think about what these Road Warriors have done - winning in GB in Jan in a Championship game - that's happened, what, like 3 times in Packers history that they've lost a playoff game at home? They've beaten the 'Aints - a team that beat them badly 2x in regular season.

take the under, it's a defensive battle. Bucs are Road Warriors, remind me of 2007 Giants. And Bucs have chosen to use their road white jerseys. it's no wonder why.

chiefs seem to be a bit smug, almost arrogant. how many teams going to back2back SBs have actually won both? 

to me, this has the feeling of a game where the chiefs get punched in the mouth. I think they're drinking the 'we're a dynasty' kool-aid

we'll see.
I disagree with virtually every point. But that’s why it’s an opinion and makes the game great to watch 

We thought were we going to get rain today in Tampa all week leading up....it’s spectacular instead...70 degrees and not a cloud in sight. Hope that’s thru the game.
Yeah, I’ve been watching the pregame on espn. Looks awesome there.

I cannot tell a lie, one of the first games I was thinking of was the horrific Sea/Den Super Bowl, something like 43-8 and I don't think I even watched a second of the 2nd Half.
Me too. But I think there are two things that make that scenario different. 

1. TB's D is ranked where it is because of what it's done against the run. The run is not a huge part of KC's offense.

2. No one has been able to stop KC's passing game. 

Therefore I see this as a high-scoring close game that KC pulls out. But I wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way. 

Mahomes will be the difference.  He is the best player in h to be league and will show us all again why tonight.  

This game is just so fascinating in that I can make a serious case for either team to win and both in a variety of ways.
This!

I agree with you 100%, I've run so many scenarios. While not very fulfilling it's almost better to know you're gonna get thumped in the 1st Q but I run it out in my head and I seem to come back to the Vegas line often. 

Sincerely, you and the entire Chiefs Nation has been nothing but upstanding thru all of this. I assure you if Miami had Mahomes, I think I would single handedly turn the entire board against Mahomes 😂. Y'all are too modest.

9:30am: 1st pretzel roll and a cold beer, wanted to set the pace for the rest of the family. 

Noon: Hit Tiki 52 which is mostly an outdoor dock for charting boats, walk the kid thru with his Brady Bucs jersey, lot of closet Bucs fans it seems. They have Sam Adams' Cold Snap to boot so this was a no brainer even with an overcast sky. 

3:00pm: And we are ready to roll, beers, tequila(Clase Azul), 50 chix wings mixed in Frank's, Italian Subs/Hoagies, peanut butter cookies with ghiradelli choc chips...

They keep telling me to take a nap before the game but I just can't see it happening at this point. I'm gonna need some serious gas if the Bucs pull this off tonight. I've got the controls right now, blasting Prince's 1999 Vinyl release on 4 EPs right now...

GO BUCS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My son rolled into town late last night, I ran out to the store this morning to get some more party supplies(beer n wings) for tonight. To watch the Bucs with my family today and have the Super Bowl party here in my house, I never thought this would happen. Very surreal experience. 
Happy for you and all Bucs fans. Snowing here in New England. Feels like I should be cheering on Pats in Super Bowl. Go Brady, Gronk, and Bucs! 

9:30am: 1st pretzel roll and a cold beer, wanted to set the pace for the rest of the family. 

Noon: Hit Tiki 52 which is mostly an outdoor dock for charting boats, walk the kid thru with his Brady Bucs jersey, lot of closet Bucs fans it seems. They have Sam Adams' Cold Snap to boot so this was a no brainer even with an overcast sky. 

3:00pm: And we are ready to roll, beers, tequila(Clase Azul), 50 chix wings mixed in Frank's, Italian Subs/Hoagies, peanut butter cookies with ghiradelli choc chips...

They keep telling me to take a nap before the game but I just can't see it happening at this point. I'm gonna need some serious gas if the Bucs pull this off tonight. I've got the controls right now, blasting Prince's 1999 Vinyl release on 4 EPs right now...

GO BUCS!!!
Crock of chili here. The key is moderation. Can’t have too much chili or else a coma can occur. 🤪

Two beers and a shot already...inside in central Ohio as it's  degrees (but sunny...great football weather if the Browns had made it this far).

MoP -- great post earlier about the serialism of hosting a Super Bowl party today. I'm picking up pizzas at 5:30 for my wife, daughter, and me.

Enjoy the game everyone -- and go GOAT!

You’d never know that covid even exists by watching this pre game show.  Let’s go watch Miley Cirus in concert!

bananas.  

I'm caught a little off guard about all this talk about race and gender in the pre-game. Guess I shouldn't be. 

Who are they trying to convince? I'm not hiring head coaches. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread