What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rebuild help (1 Viewer)

blakeus36

Footballguy
Hi guys, my first year playing dynasty so I'm a little lost, I don't think I drafted that well tbh, but I didn't get a hole lot come back to me either. This is made worse by having the first pick in startup and now last in rookie. Its a 12 team ppr sf te premium. 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 3 flex, 1 sf. I just wonder who you guys would be trying to ship for picks/ undervalued guys, I'm not sure if I should try and build around jj or send him since he has so much value right now, I was thinking ceh and godwin and seeing what I could get.

Patrick mahommes, wentz

Ceh, Edmonds, hyde, breida, freeman, Lyndsay, vaughn, jj taylor

Jj, godwin, fuller, jeudy, ruggs, mims, gandy Golden, beasley, Isabella, bourne

Gesicki, higbee, gronk

Anyway, I guess I'm just not sure how long it would take to rebuild a squad like that, if I knew I could turn it around next year I'd build around ceh and mahommes, but I don't see ceh helping this team for a couple years. 

Thanks 

Your team is young as you have CEH, Jeudy, Ruggs, Mims, Gandy Golden all i their first couple years.  You went way to rookie centric and it cost you competing in the near term.  One of the things many owners do in dynasty is worry too much about young players so they end up in this situation.  

My view is to look at 2 yr increments because things change too much too quickly to plan anything beyond 2 years.  I would shop CEH, Jeudy, Ruggs, Mims, and GG and see if you can get some older proven performers that dynasty guys might think are heading downward.  Guys like Julio Jones types.  

You also need a huge improvement at RB.  You don't have a RB1 (CEH is not a RB1 with the way KC uses him).  This is where you need to target players.  This is going to take time and you need to decide if you want to try and compete or bottom out (which won't be too far away based on your roster).  If you bottom out you may be able to build your RB stable easiest that way if you are able to get high picks (not sure how your draft order is established after this year).  

This is going to be a tough road to hoe but don't be afraid to take chances on players you think can pop.  You can't really go down too much more.  

I think moving JJ for picks or younger players is a good idea. You are weak at RB and need help there. Your only untouchable player to me is Mahomes but I would build off of Godwin and Jeudy as well. It will take a couple of years to be in the mix. You have a pretty young team. 

Users who are viewing this thread