What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McCaffrey Trade Offer (1 Viewer)

eighsse

Footballguy
So, never really expected to get any offer of McCaffrey+Davis anywhere south of the stratosphere as far as the price I'd have to pay. But I've actually had to think about these offers seriously.

This is a PPR, 20 player, 12 team, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1FX/K/DST league (5 point bonuses for 300/150/150 yds in passing/rushing/receiving, respectively, so perhaps you could inflate the value of big-time playmakers slightly). Also I always like to mention that 7 out of 12 teams make the playoffs. So you only really have to be decent every year to have a shot at the big bucks.

I have:

Tua, Goff

Swift+Johnson, Moss+Singletary, Gaskin+Ahmed, Henderson, (plus some prospect flyers like Bowden)

AJ Brown, Godwin, Lamb, DJ Moore+Samuel, Edelman, Bryan Edwards, Gabriel Davis

Hockenson

(Gano+Saints if anyone actually cares)

1.02, 1.06, 1.08, 3.02, 4.02

(Obviously I'll have to make a lot of drops or make some consolidating trades at some point)

ANYWAY, long story short, I was offered McCaffrey+Davis for AJ Brown+1.02+1.06+1.08.

I know that's a massive price tag (AJ Brown is top of the line, and that 1.02 [Etienne/Harris] has a very good chance of being a PPR fantasy superstar, but there is really never a sure-thing rookie). But I still thought about it a good while. McCaffrey, if he gets right back at his thing, is just such an unmatchable asset.

I rejected it and a couple weeks later he offered the same thing with Lamb instead of AJ Brown. That seems like a rather significant downgrade. But I still rejected it. Really clinging to that 1.02.

Thoughts? Thanks a lot guys.

EDIT: I thought about offering Lamb+Moore+Samuel+1.06+1.08 instead. But that would be a big hit to my WR's, though I'd still have 2 potentially great ones. Just used to having more depth at WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go back to the original offer and remove the 1.08.  I would make that move to get CMC

I wouldn’t make that trade. I was thinking the same the original trade but remove the 01.06 pick. 

Good to know what others are thinking. Thanks guys. To be clear, when you say to remove the 1.08 from the "original offer" you are referring to the one with Brown, not Lamb?

Would you guys agree that the 1.02 is vastly better than the 1.08 and even the 1.06? (Based on what we can guess at this point.) I kind of feel like those 6 and 8 are small in the grand scheme of the whole trade. I'd like to find a way to hang onto that 1.02 and not lose Brown either but I don't think that's feasible. I'm leaning toward not making this trade unless I keep Swift, Brown, and the 1.02, (EDIT: I'd include Brown or the 1.02 but not both) but I'd offer many combinations of my other assets.

(Not trying to be like, "thanks for your opinion but here's what I think" when I'm the one asking for advice lol. More like, am I suffering from rookie fever and clinging too tightly to Eti/Harris?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know what others are thinking. Thanks guys. To be clear, when you say to remove the 1.08 from the "original offer" you are referring to the one with Brown, not Lamb?

Would you guys agree that the 1.02 is vastly better than the 1.08 and even the 1.06? (Based on what we can guess at this point.) I kind of feel like those 6 and 8 are small in the grand scheme of the whole trade. I'd like to find a way to hang onto that 1.02 and not lose Brown either but I don't think that's feasible. I'm leaning toward not making this trade unless I keep Swift, Brown, and the 1.02, (EDIT: I'd include Brown or the 1.02 but not both) but I'd offer many combinations of my other assets.

(Not trying to be like, "thanks for your opinion but here's what I think" when I'm the one asking for advice lol. More like, am I suffering from rookie fever and clinging too tightly to Eti/Harris?)
Yes.  I have no problem giving up Brown, 1.02 and 1.06 for CMC

Users who are viewing this thread