What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who does Tampa Bay play week 1? (1 Viewer)

Home Opponents

• Falcons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bills

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Bears

• Panthers

• Cowboyd

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Dolphins

• Saints

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Giants

• Total voters

bro1ncos

IBL Representative
Seems like there is only 2 choices. The Super Bowl champs shouldn't have too many prime time home games. 

The first game seems to always be a rematch of a playoff matchup from the previous year so I would lean the Saints.  However, if Brees is gone it will lose some of its shine so i could see it being the Bills because of that.  

Do they ever do out of conference games week 1? Seems like it’s always a rival or a playoff rematch, both of which the Saints are. 

Even without Brees, and maybe even more so without him, that team will be competent. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a given they'll be playing a home game in Week 1? Is that 'a thing' (if it is, I get it, and I like the idea of the Super Bowl Champion playing their 1st game of the new Season in front of their home crowd)?

In case it's not set in stone, then for the sake of discussion, 2021 non-Divisional road opponents include: WFTskins, Eagles, Bears, Rams, Patriots, Jets, and possibly one of the Ravens, Colts or Raiders (one of these 3 could possibly be a home opponent OR a road opponent), if the NFL likely goes through with a 17-game, 18-week schedule for the 2021 Season.

Week 1 reigning Super Bowl Champion Brady-led Bucs traveling to NE for a prime time clash with the Patriots would be an absolute ratings bonanza.

Is it a given they'll be playing a home game in Week 1? Is that 'a thing' (if it is, I get it, and I like the idea of the Super Bowl Champion playing their 1st game of the new Season in front of their home crowd)?

In case it's not set in stone, then for the sake of discussion, 2021 non-Divisional road opponents include: WFTskins, Eagles, Bears, Rams, Patriots, Jets, and possibly one of the Ravens, Colts or Raiders (one of these 3 could possibly be a home opponent OR a road opponent), if the NFL likely goes through with a 17-game, 18-week schedule for the 2021 Season.

Week 1 reigning Super Bowl Champion Brady-led Bucs traveling to NE for a prime time clash with the Patriots would be an absolute ratings bonanza.
Pretty sure its a thing. It was a big deal when the Ravens had to open in Denver after their SB because they share a parking lot with the Orioles and the O's wouldn't move their game. 

Pretty sure its a thing. It was a big deal when the Ravens had to open in Denver after their SB because they share a parking lot with the Orioles and the O's wouldn't move their game. 
Yeah, I was just researching this, and it appears to be a tradition, at least...but, man, that Bucs/Pats matchup is so...JUICY!!! It makes me wonder if the NFL won't at least approach the Bucs about the idea...although it's pretty much a certainty that opening night of the NFL is going to already be a ratings bonanza, regardless, so it could make sense to save that matchup to run opposite a major event on the calendar of one of the other networks.

Do they ever do out of conference games week 1? Seems like it’s always a rival or a playoff rematch, both of which the Saints are. 

Even without Brees, and maybe even more so without him, that team will be competent. 
2007 and 2016.

2007 and 2016.
So not very often then. I’ll stick with New Orleans as 90% guess and Dallas for 10%.

Appeal of Dallas on the season opener may be too much for the nfl to overcome. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So not very often then. I’ll stick with New Orleans as 90% guess and Dallas for 10%.

Appeal of Dallas on the season opener may be too much for the nfl to overcome. 
Well, yeah - there's only 2 options each season.

Well 13/15 times or whatever it is that they stick with the same conference makes it seem likely for that to continue though. 
Of course, 6 of a team's 8 home games each season are against their own conference and generally speaking there is more appeal for matchups featuring teams in the same conference. 

Of course, 6 of a team's 8 home games each season are against their own conference and generally speaking there is more appeal for matchups featuring teams in the same conference. 
Right. I feel like we’re saying the same thing here. 

Right. I feel like we’re saying the same thing here. 
I'm just contextualizing. I think there is a vast difference between Bills/Bucs '21 and the non-c options the NFL usually has. It doesn't mean they will pick it for opening night, but it's a much more serious contender than usual. 

I'm just contextualizing. I think there is a vast difference between Bills/Bucs '21 and the non-c options the NFL usually has. It doesn't mean they will pick it for opening night, but it's a much more serious contender than usual. 
Yea imagine two final-four teams from different conferences is a rare matchup. That would certainly be the best game. 

Users who are viewing this thread