Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dice are in the air! FBG Backgammon is LIVE

1 minute ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

It’s not so much about the speed of moving, it’s more about “I gotta go put my kid to bed” or “I have to do some work.”  In the chess tournament a single game is typically stretched out over several days and people can move whenever they have some free time.  This is more of a commitment. Posters have to block off a big chunk of time to play.

OK--if people want to play over several days, then we need to find an alternative site.  If people can commit to the ~20-30 minutes that an average match will take, then we can play at Galaxy.  

I didn't envision a scenario where the match would take more than one sitting to complete. 

1 minute ago, chet said:

OK--if people want to play over several days, then we need to find an alternative site.  If people can commit to the ~20-30 minutes that an average match will take, then we can play at Galaxy.  

I didn't envision a scenario where the match would take more than one sitting to complete. 

I figger a 7-point match to take about 30 minutes, on average.  If that's too much of a time commitment to do all at once, maybe knock it down to a 5-point match?  That should be like 15 to 20 minutes.  

2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

I cant even figure out how to roll the dice

:lol: 

Click on the dice to throw them.  You can either drag the checkers to the intended location or click and the checker will go to the larger of the two dice (if legal).  You can always click on the dice to reverse the order.  When you're done with your move, click the dice again.

If anyone would like a game now, I am around.  Post your BG name and I will set up a match.

With Joe Mammy dropping out, we have 12.  Here are the first round matches:

@chet vs. @kardplayer

@johnnycakes vs @culdeus

@fatguyinalittlecoat vs @ragincajun

@Murph vs @CletiusMaximus

@nysfl2 vs @The Iguana

@bostonfred vs @Joe Mammy

I picked opponents by the order of signup.  1 vs 12, 2 vs 11 etc.

Play a 5-point match and report the results.  If you play on Galaxy use the casual time setting and post the link so we can either watch or review.  

LMK if there are any logistical questions. I suggest choosing one player to make the match and the other player to filter for 5-point casual matches and then click on it when it pops up.  Make sure you're accepting the correct opponent before starting as multiple players can accept your invite.

Good luck everyone and let's get the dice in the air.

Edited by chet

21 minutes ago, chet said:

With Joe Mammy dropping out, we have 12.  Here are the first round matches:

@chet vs. @kardplayer

@johnnycakes vs @culdeus

@fatguyinalittlecoat vs @ragincajun

@Murph vs @CletiusMaximus

@nysfl2 vs @The Iguana

@bostonfred vs @CGRdrJoe

I picked opponents by the order of signup.  1 vs 12, 2 vs 11 etc.

Play a 5-point match and report the results.  If you play on Galaxy use the casual time setting and post the link so we can either watch or review.  

LMK if there are any logistical questions. I suggest choosing one player to make the match and the other player to filter for 5-point casual matches and then click on it when it pops up.  Make sure you're accepting the correct opponent before starting as multiple players can accept your invite.

Good luck everyone and let's get the dice in the air.

It was an inadvertent dropout. Let me know if you need an alternate.

2 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

It was an inadvertent dropout. Let me know if you need an alternate.

Find someone else or we can figure out what to do with a spare.  IMO, if you want in, you're in--this is not Wimbledon.  I highly doubt anyone will object.

Just now, chet said:

Find someone else or we can figure out what to do with a spare.  IMO, if you want in, you're in--this is not Wimbledon.  I highly doubt anyone will object.

I didn't know I was out. I was busy last night and missed any updates. Anyone else want in?

2 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

I didn't know I was out. I was busy last night and missed any updates. Anyone else want in?

MY BAD.  CDGDRJOE dropped out.  Joe Mammy is in in his place.  Sorry GB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe Mammy said:

Thanks @bostonfred, the dice just didn't fall your way. Joe Mammy on to the next round.

Congrats but no one's eliminated yet.  We will have 5 rounds like this.

On 2/12/2021 at 11:17 AM, chet said:

We are up to 13.  Any suggestions on structure?  I think 7-point matches are a good idea but what about the rounds?  I was thinking maybe have 5 rounds with the top 8 advancing to sudden death.  That way everyone gets 5 matches minimum. 

bump. 

7 hours ago, bostonfred said:

I didn't play well but the dice were horrific. Double twos to knock me twice and then I went 10 straight rolls without a one or 6.  @CGRdrJoecan take my spot i don't know what the #### I'm doing playing this

:ptts:

3 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

I played almost all night last night. Managed to drop my rating from 1384 to 1306. Quarantining blows.

Ill keep an eye out for you....  but I'm usually not up past 9pm eastern.  

31 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

I played almost all night last night. Managed to drop my rating from 1384 to 1306. Quarantining blows.

I will play for cash--dont know if you can do that on galaxy

7 hours ago, johnnycakes said:

@culdeus and I have a match scheduled for 4pm Eastern time.  Looks like he's got power now.  

RIP me.  I suggest everyone at least get a sense of how to use that system first, I also found it hard to count the blue on blue.  

• chet changed the title to Dice are in the air! FBG Backgammon is LIVE