What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dice are in the air! FBG Backgammon is LIVE (1 Viewer)

kardplayer said:
chet vs. murph

johnnycakes vs. nysfl2

fatguyinalittlecoat vs. Joe Mammy

bostonfred vs. ragincajun

The Iguana vs. culdeus

CletiusMaximus vs. kardplayer
@culdeus let me know when a good time is for you. I can usually be pretty flexible in the day to get it done or can be available in the evening as well. 

What does everyone think about doing 7-point matches for the quarters, 9-points for the semis and having an 11-point final? 

What does everyone think about doing 7-point matches for the quarters, 9-points for the semis and having an 11-point final? 
Playoffs?  As someone who shouldn't have any opinion because he won't be within spittin' distance of any playoffs...  it sounds good to me, chet.  

definitely increase the match points.

I think I'll be on tonite if anyone wants to play for a few shekels, do a 25er for a buck a point and paypal settle after @chet and @johnnycakes

getting ready to light it up at galaxy if anyone wants to go a 25er for a $ a point. Chet took me for a few last night.

Feels like we're losing a little momentum. Can we start the Round 5 matches while Round 4 is wrapping up?

iggy over culdeus 5-2. Some very fortunate rolls for me at several critical junctures. Sickest might have been pair of aces to seal the deal. 

iggy over culdeus 5-2. Some very fortunate rolls for me at several critical junctures. Sickest might have been pair of aces to seal the deal. 
I overlooked a crazy game changing item in the third round i figure they set my ranking down to like 800 after that.

Standings after Round 4, Round 5 matchups (thanks chet for giving me the early preview), and Playoff situation:

Code:
Player				W	L	PF	PA	Pct	Differential		Round 5		Playoff status
kardplayer			4	0	20	4	1.000	16		johnnycakes		Clinched
chet				3	1	17	7	0.750	10		culdeus			Clinched
nysfl2				3	1	19	12	0.750	7		ragincajun		Clinched
fatguyinalittlecoat		3	1	15	9	0.750	6		bostonfred		Clinched
The Iguana			2	2	17	13	0.500	4		Murph		
CletiusMaximus			2	2	14	11	0.500	3		Joe Mammy		
Murph				2	2	16	16	0.500	0		The Iguana		
Joe Mammy			2	2	11	14	0.500	-3		CletiusMaximus		
bostonfred			2	2	11	14	0.500	-3		fatguyinalittlecoat		
culdeus				1	3	8	17	0.250	-9		chet		
johnnycakes			0	4	9	20	0.000	-11		kardplayer		Eliminated
ragincajun			0	4	0	20	0.000	-20		nysfl2			Eliminated

A spreadsheet that can help keep all the info organized.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SBAtbDukoM1HMOod9P5DJe2ASFg9fnMHXE21gWB0ges/edit?usp=sharing

As long as the names are entered on the matches tab exactly as they are on the standings sheet, the standings (live) tab will automatically update and resort.

What was the final score of fatguy vs. cajun?
Bump the spreadsheet link.

Matchups:

Round 5

chet vs culdeus

kardplayer vs johnnycakes

nysfl2 vs ragincajun

fatguyinalittlecoat vs bostonfred

The Iguana vs Murph

CletiusMaximus vs Joe Mammy

This game is depressing.  I simply suck.  

I mean I guess I'm learning that the system heavily values taking either 5 point at all costs and works backwards from there.

It also seems to value getting you running sooner than I would when behind on pips.  

I've gotten somewhat "better" in a way but feel like the rank thing is still quite punitive to anything isn't "play super tight" except with respect to the 5 points then go wheels off.

I'm not in this contest but I am convinced the computer hates me and makes me it's #####.  The dice rolls I get are unbelievably bad and my opponents are usually golden.  I had to quit because I was yelling at the computer and throwing a fit.  The wife was ready to kill me too.  

So aggravating.  

I mean I guess I'm learning that the system heavily values taking either 5 point at all costs and works backwards from there.

It also seems to value getting you running sooner than I would when behind on pips.  

I've gotten somewhat "better" in a way but feel like the rank thing is still quite punitive to anything isn't "play super tight" except with respect to the 5 points then go wheels off.
I'm not sure whether you are referring to the error/blunder function, but if so, I wouldn't take that very seriously.  I played around on the mobile app a bit and would just say it has its limitations imo.  For one, I don't think it can account for the opponent's tendencies.  So if you are in your 3rd or 4th game with someone, there might be a move that is the clearly superior move for you based on what you know about the opponent, but on a purely mathematical basis there might be a different move that gives you a sliver of a better win percentage if you assume the opponent plays by the book.  That's going to be flagged as an error or blunder.  Also, keep in mind the game is still based on dice rolls and the strategy/luck balance is at best 50/50.  I admire the guys who play for high stakes, but I think the great majority of  that is strategic use of the cube, and that's where bankroll and cojones comes into play.  I'm frequently assigned cube errors that I've taken a close look at and I just completely disagree with the app.

Users who are viewing this thread