What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Leasing a car with 650 credit score (1 Viewer)

I can't image driving a pre-2010 car.  Does it even have bluetooth?
I just sold my 2016 Civic to pay off debts and bought a 2006 Corolla that my daughter drives. I put a new stereo with Bluetooth and backup camera in the Corolla. It's not very hard to do.

@gianmarco

I recently ended my lease agreement 2 months early (I still owed 2 payments at $290 each). When I went to the dealer they "ate" those payments as part of my agreement of leasing my new car. (I put ate in quotations because I know they make up the money in other ways.) Anyway, I got a letter from Toyota that due to ending my lease early I am getting a check in the amount of $580 and sure enough I got it the next week. Ever hear of that before?

@gianmarco

I recently ended my lease agreement 2 months early (I still owed 2 payments at $290 each). When I went to the dealer they "ate" those payments as part of my agreement of leasing my new car. (I put ate in quotations because I know they make up the money in other ways.) Anyway, I got a letter from Toyota that due to ending my lease early I am getting a check in the amount of $580 and sure enough I got it the next week. Ever hear of that before?
No, that's pretty sweet. You still ended up making those payments as the dealership took that money from somewhere in your deal so it works out.

How do you figure out which car you actually want though?
You figure what class of car you want....truck, van, large SUV, small SUV, full-size/mid-size/compact sedan....your price range....your priorities....feul economy, luxary, storage, comfort, seating capacity, power, handling, styling, color....do a few Google/YouTube searches for reviews and rankings.  That should narrow you down to 4 or 5 of the best models for you.  Then look for deals or promotions and go test drive.  That might narrow it down to 2 or 3 models.  Personally, I would start watching places sucb as Auto-trader and look for deals on slightly used cars.  The first two years have such a steep depreciation curve.  Really a well kept car with 20k miles on it is as good as new but you can save at least 30 percent.  

I was able to find the exact model and color I wanted, only 1-year old 1800 miles for 35% cheaper than new. It was thru a dealer so I was able to trade in.  Probably could have got another $1k if I sold it myself, but I like ease of trade in and the value comes off the sales tax hit.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Also leasing you don't even have to set foot in a dealer. Goto a leasing company. They goto all the dealers to get the best deal for you and then drive the car right to your house.
I did this once. Don't know if I got a great deal but it felt like a better deal than I was getting at the dealers, and it was definitely an easy experience. Probably worth making a couple calls. 

I mentioned in an earlier post that circumstances can change (e.g. commute distance). One way to mitigate this risk could be to take over an existing lease that might have <1 year left. Then reevaluate. 

Users who are viewing this thread