What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gay dad denied position on volunteer parent committee because he is white. (1 Viewer)

gay white father with biracial child considered not diverse enough for a volunteer position....when 5 seats out of 15 are open.  

Is this a fake story?   

stay woke, i guess.   

:crickets:

Seems that fighting racism, sexism and other "isms" with even MORE racism, sexism and other "isms" doesn't work out to well. It eventually comes for the people who advocated for it in the first place.

Haven't read the story, probably won't TBH.  It sounds crazy. Much like the Bernie Sanders op-ed about his mittens at the inauguration being a sign of white privilege.

If this were in my town I'd think it were pretty stupid. SF can do what they want, a local issue. Let them figure it out.

Impacts me very little. Not at all really.

Neither. Offer me another choice please. 
Those were the only two that i coukd think of.  Something triggered you to respond.  If the story is fake that would be a good reason for your response.  But if it real, it seems something about it irritated you.  Not sure why,  the ridiculousness of it makes it newsworthy if true. 

Those were the only two that i coukd think of.  Something triggered you to respond.  If the story is fake that would be a good reason for your response.  But if it real, it seems something about it irritated you.  Not sure why,  the ridiculousness of it makes it newsworthy if true. 
Like a couple of other stories lately in this forum, it’s only newsworthy to Hannity viewers, who love to be outraged by stuff like this. That’s why I wrote what I did. 

I just wanted to take a second and salute the right wing FBGs in here supporting this gay man.  20 years ago, attitudes towards gay people were not this progressive.  Quite the contrary, you had a lot of folks denigrating the gay community and folks like Peens openly using the term "gay" as a slur.  

So it is refreshing to see how far all of us have come with regards to our views on homosexuality - especially you right wingers.  Kudos! 

I just wanted to take a second and salute the right wing FBGs in here supporting this gay man.  20 years ago, attitudes towards gay people were not this progressive.  Quite the contrary, you had a lot of folks denigrating the gay community and folks like Peens openly using the term "gay" as a slur.  

So it is refreshing to see how far all of us have come with regards to our views on homosexuality - especially you right wingers.  Kudos! 
It's as if the roles have been reversed - the right is standing up for this guy and the left is discriminating and homophobic.  Wow.

If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

BladeRunner said:
It's as if the roles have been reversed - the right is standing up for this guy and the left is discriminating and homophobic.  Wow.
I'm seeing a lot of unity here.  Gay dad bringing the PSF together.    

BladeRunner said:
Who on the left in this forum is supporting this decision?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7news.com/amp/sfusd-sfud-pac-parent-advisory-council-seth-brenzel/10328448

Here's the current ethnic makeup of the PAC:

Three Latinas

Three white women

Two African Americans

One Asian American

One Pacific Islander

About 33% of SFUSD students are Asian, 28% are Latino, 15% are white and 6% are African American.

At first blush, it’s easy to be outraged here, and I do feel bad for Seth, as a quick google search shows how incredibly active he is in the educational community. That said, I don’t have an issue with SFUSD trying to balance their ethnic diversity across this committee to mirror the student population. 

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7news.com/amp/sfusd-sfud-pac-parent-advisory-council-seth-brenzel/10328448

Here's the current ethnic makeup of the PAC:

Three Latinas

Three white women

Two African Americans

One Asian American

One Pacific Islander

About 33% of SFUSD students are Asian, 28% are Latino, 15% are white and 6% are African American.

At first blush, it’s easy to be outraged here, and I do feel bad for Seth, as a quick google search shows how incredibly active he is in the educational community. That said, I don’t have an issue with SFUSD trying to balance their ethnic diversity across this committee to mirror the student population. 
So none of their students are male or gay?  And I assume you read the article where it says he has a bi-racial child.

This is a good example of people on the left being offensively dumb.

I don't think people on the right want to compare relative dumbness right now, but if they do, this is an arrow in their quiver.

So none of their students are male or gay?  And I assume you read the article where it says he has a bi-racial child.
One thing we don’t know is how many LGBTQ parents are already on the committee. If none, which I really doubt given prevalence in SF, then that should be a consideration. Absolutely.  However, I find no fault if they are merely trying to add ethnic diversity commensurate with the student population. It’s pretty clear that they need a few more Asian folks.  The percentages above obviously fall short of 100%, so not sure what to make of that. I don’t know if they’re separating out Indian from Asian, but I’m led to believe that given that they did with Pacific Islander. 

If we found out that half of the parents on the council were part of the LGBTQ community, would you change your perspective?  Hypothetical, of course, since we don’t actually know. 

ETA that if none of the parents were LGBTQ, then yeah - this is horrifically dumb. But not at all unsurprising given the district under discussion. 

One thing we don’t know is how many LGBTQ parents are already on the committee. If none, which I really doubt given prevalence in SF, then that should be a consideration. Absolutely.  However, I find no fault if they are merely trying to add ethnic diversity commensurate with the student population. It’s pretty clear that they need a few more Asian folks.  The percentages above obviously fall short of 100%, so not sure what to make of that. I don’t know if they’re separating out Indian from Asian, but I’m led to believe that given that they did with Pacific Islander. 

If we found out that half of the parents on the council were part of the LGBTQ community, would you change your perspective?  Hypothetical, of course, since we don’t actually know. 

ETA that if none of the parents were LGBTQ, then yeah - this is horrifically dumb. But not at all unsurprising given the district under discussion. 
Forget the gay aspect.  He would be the ONLY father.  FTA:

If approved, Brenzel would have been the only father on the council. 
If only to have a father's perspective they should have approved him. Sexual orientation and race aren't the only types of diversity we should embrace.  Not to mention a full one third of the council is vacant.    I would like to think they'd want to fill the empty seats with qualified candidates.

Forget the gay aspect.  He would be the ONLY father.  FTA:

If only to have a father's perspective they should have approved him. Sexual orientation and race aren't the only types of diversity we should embrace.  Not to mention a full one third of the council is vacant.    I would like to think they'd want to fill the empty seats with qualified candidates.
Agree. Definitely need more dads. They’ve got that full one third to figure it out. If it comes to be that they vooch this and fill it with non-males, yeah. ####### dumb. 

This is a good example of people on the left being offensively dumb.

I don't think people on the right want to compare relative dumbness right now, but if they do, this is an arrow in their quiver.
I would think a moderator wouldn't want to stir up the customer base on either side.  Honestly it's time for you and J to determine if you have more value sharing your politically opinions or moderating and building the FBG customer based.  I say this as someone who respects your opinions and postings on various subjects.  That said. it's quite apparent you are heading down a path that won't be well received by potential customers sharing different political opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread