What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Updated Invision Board Software - Possible Improvements? (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the patience as we made the transition to the updated Invision Board software.

It seems stable now. 

There are a few things possible we can tweak with the software. What I'd like to do here is get your feedback on things you'd like to see possibly improved.

But please a few things first.

It's mostly going to be what it is is now.

The volume of the board is such that we will always put stability miles ahead the top of the priority list. And the more deviation from their standard setup, the more possibilities exist for trouble. I don't mean to discourage input but I also want to be honest. So it's mostly going to be what we have now. Please don't be discouraged if we can't make the change you'd like. Trying to implement everyone's ideas is of course impossible.

We spend about $1,000 every month just to host the boards. It's for us, a significant expense. I hope you don't mind that I ask us to keep the criticism as constructive as possible. 

With that said, can we get some consensus about the things on the boards you'd like to see different? 

My guess is that most won't be possible for us to change. But some will be. And I'd like to get a list all in one place for our people to be able to consider. 

We want to do the things we can to make the board as appealing to use as possible for as many as possible. 

And please be as specific giving as much detail as possible. Please don't just say "sucks on mobile".

Please specify exactly the specific things you're talking about and how they could be better. Thanks. 

And thanks for being part of the forums. Regardless of the software, the forums are only as good as y'all are.

I'm still seeing 2 of the main issues from the beginning so I'm starting to think it's not going to change.  Still getting pop-ups and there's still that box with basic thread info on the upper right on all pages after page 1 that winds up making the board 1/3 narrower (using a laptop).

I still can’t access the FFA on a desktop (edge or chrome), even after clearing cache/etc. hasn’t worked since the last update. 

I’m having an issue where the ‘remember me’ function doesn’t seem to work when checked, so I have to log in manually every time I go to the forums. Could this be an issue on my end or has anyone else had that happen?

Fix the search feature and remove the captcha logo thing.

Main wishlist item though is to increase the default font size. It's sooo tiny on mobile (Android chrome). I would assume that would be a standard setting / easy fix but maybe I'm wrong.

Dennis Castro said:
I’m having an issue where the ‘remember me’ function doesn’t seem to work when checked, so I have to log in manually every time I go to the forums. Could this be an issue on my end or has anyone else had that happen?
Yes. This and the captcha problem are killing me on mobile. 

a little mad face reaction option might be  cool too take that to the bank brohans  

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the patience as we made the transition to the updated Invision Board software.

It seems stable now. 

There are a few things possible we can tweak with the software. What I'd like to do here is get your feedback on things you'd like to see possibly improved.

But please a few things first.

It's mostly going to be what it is is now.

The volume of the board is such that we will always put stability miles ahead the top of the priority list. And the more deviation from their standard setup, the more possibilities exist for trouble. I don't mean to discourage input but I also want to be honest. So it's mostly going to be what we have now. Please don't be discouraged if we can't make the change you'd like. Trying to implement everyone's ideas is of course impossible.

We spend about $1,000 every month just to host the boards. It's for us, a significant expense. I hope you don't mind that I ask us to keep the criticism as constructive as possible. 

With that said, can we get some consensus about the things on the boards you'd like to see different? 

My guess is that most won't be possible for us to change. But some will be. And I'd like to get a list all in one place for our people to be able to consider. 

We want to do the things we can to make the board as appealing to use as possible for as many as possible. 

And please be as specific giving as much detail as possible. Please don't just say "sucks on mobile".

Please specify exactly the specific things you're talking about and how they could be better. Thanks. 

And thanks for being part of the forums. Regardless of the software, the forums are only as good as y'all are.
Hey Joe, 

I’ve been writing in to the tech guys about account/login problems since February 6th. Heard from a dude named <redacted>, who wrote me back almost immediately. He said something on the order of, “It shouldn’t be that way, Hang tight and see if it gets fixed.” I said OK.

About a week later, this guy emailed me and basically said, “Fixed yet?” I answered that it wasn’t. Never heard back from him. 

I love this community, and I’ve been a part of it for nearly 20 years. I understand that I’m getting this for free while you folks are the ones who have to support it. I’m just saying, if you are paying over $1000 a month for this kind of customer service, I should let you know that it isn’t very good.

You can always PM me if you want more specific information.

Hey Joe, 

I’ve been writing in to the tech guys about account/login problems since February 6th. Heard from a dude named <redacted>, who wrote me back almost immediately. He said something on the order of, “It shouldn’t be that way, Hang tight and see if it gets fixed.” I said OK.

About a week later, this guy emailed me and basically said, “Fixed yet?” I answered that it wasn’t. Never heard back from him. 

I love this community, and I’ve been a part of it for nearly 20 years. I understand that I’m getting this for free while you folks are the ones who have to support it. I’m just saying, if you are paying over $1000 a month for this kind of customer service, I should let you know that it isn’t very good.

I'm sorry you had trouble there. I sent you a PM. Please forward me the ticket number for customer service issue that was created and we'll try to see if we can help. Thanks. 

It just recently started that I get a popup to sign up for the daily email every time I access the board - I get the need to advertise that, but as someone who subscribes every year, it's super annoying. I'm logged in to my account always, maybe it could check to see if you subscribe and not throw that pop up every time if you do?

Hey Joe, 

Had the same each time I got on the board. I ended up scrubbing cache on each device I logged in on (3). Reset password. Worked like a charm after this. Perhaps this might help? Good luck.

Dark mode is awesome, but when on mobile, when someone is tagged the text is almost unreadable for me. It used to have a background highlight, but now the blue text has a darker background. (Example: @MindCrime ) I know my eyes aren’t getting better as I age, but this may be a simple format text option.

I'll just keeping the same improvements I'll always pimp: Spoiler tags and the ability to control the size of text (the old [ SIZE ] tags no longer work).

Weird - I got logged out of my phone and when I try to log in it says my account is locked wait 14 minutes.

But Im on the PC just fine

Weird - I got logged out of my phone and when I try to log in it says my account is locked wait 14 minutes.

So I change password and log in on pc and phone just fine.

Come back using phone, logged out and says account locked wait 14 minutes, I then wait and can log in

man, the search function really sucks.

When i search for my OWN posts (to find a post I made 6 months ago)...........it never finds it.

Mobile doesn't seem to store my login and I lock myself out on the phone consistently.

Spoiler tag would be good, too.

Users who are viewing this thread