What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Updated Invision Board Software - Possible Improvements? (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the patience as we made the transition to the updated Invision Board software.

It seems stable now. 

There are a few things possible we can tweak with the software. What I'd like to do here is get your feedback on things you'd like to see possibly improved.

But please a few things first.

It's mostly going to be what it is is now.

The volume of the board is such that we will always put stability miles ahead the top of the priority list. And the more deviation from their standard setup, the more possibilities exist for trouble. I don't mean to discourage input but I also want to be honest. So it's mostly going to be what we have now. Please don't be discouraged if we can't make the change you'd like. Trying to implement everyone's ideas is of course impossible.

We spend about $1,000 every month just to host the boards. It's for us, a significant expense. I hope you don't mind that I ask us to keep the criticism as constructive as possible. 

With that said, can we get some consensus about the things on the boards you'd like to see different? 

My guess is that most won't be possible for us to change. But some will be. And I'd like to get a list all in one place for our people to be able to consider. 

We want to do the things we can to make the board as appealing to use as possible for as many as possible. 

And please be as specific giving as much detail as possible. Please don't just say "sucks on mobile".

Please specify exactly the specific things you're talking about and how they could be better. Thanks. 

And thanks for being part of the forums. Regardless of the software, the forums are only as good as y'all are.

This isn't a big deal but since you asked...

Is it possible to have a "dark" mode? The last version allowed a lot of us to use the dark mode and going back to this sanitary white is hard on the eyes.

Might be a stupid criticism but, I'd like the ability to delete a post.  I've got the terrible habit of erroneously double posting due to dumb thumbs slipping on my phone and would like to be able to delete instead of editing and replacing with "double post."

I understand if this would cause a problem with deleting posts long after the fact and make it a hassle to implement though.

Might be a stupid criticism but, I'd like the ability to delete a post.  I've got the terrible habit of erroneously double posting due to dumb thumbs slipping on my phone and would like to be able to delete instead of editing and replacing with "double post."

I understand if this would cause a problem with deleting posts long after the fact and make it a hassle to implement though.
I’m not sure if it’s still applicable, but with the old software you could go to edit, select hide this post, and it would be effectively removed from the board. Not deleted, but it would solve the issue you’re referring to.

Is it possible to have a "dark" mode? The last version allowed a lot of us to use the dark mode and going back to this sanitary white is hard on the eyes.
While there is a way to do this now, I wish it were a more simple and elegant solution than stumbling into it at the bottom of the page. 

IMO as an example a site like dpreview.com does a great job of making it intuitive and easy to find on both desktop and mobile versions of their site.

It may seem like a small thing to some but the glaring white is just awful as the default until you eventually figure out how to turn the glare down. 

Is the upgraded system still running like glacially slow load times for anyone else? Wondering if it’s just a problem on my end.

What’s up with the chunk of space that’s used up on the right side of the thread that appears from time to time, making the readable space of the thread itself take up only 2/3rds of the page. Is it an option I can turn off? It doesn’t happen all the time (like when I’m typing in this thread right now, it’s the full width of my browser) but other times there’s that chunk of stuff on the right at the top of the page. Can that be fixed?

Is the upgraded system still running like glacially slow load times for anyone else? Wondering if it’s just a problem on my end.
I haven't heard anything like this and it's running way faster for me than it was before the upgrade. 

If you haven't already, clearing your browser cache helped a lot of people. 

Switching between threads and forums is often a very slow crawl.  I also still haven’t seen the FFA since the first update a month or so ago, just loads a white page.  I’ve tried going there signed out, same thing.  Cleared history and data on my iPhone many times, still nada.  

Switching between threads and forums is often a very slow crawl.  I also still haven’t seen the FFA since the first update a month or so ago, just loads a white page.  I’ve tried going there signed out, same thing.  Cleared history and data on my iPhone many times, still nada.  
Sorry you're having trouble.

What exactly happens when you try to access the Free For All Forum? Can you screen shot and email to help@footballguys.com?

What device are you using?

You have cleared cache?

Are you able to access this forum normally?

How was the site for you before the upgrade?

Last edited by a moderator:
I get this pop up as I'm typing a reply every once in a while to enter my email and things. That seems stupid to me as a member of the forum already. It's also annoying as I'm typing my reply to have to stop and close the pop up for it. 

first time i've seen and probably my oversight,,,but what does "member's solved count" mean   it showed as a checkmark next to the + for like's etc.

edit: just for tracing..it showed up on djmich, at least in my view on his posts.

I get this pop up as I'm typing a reply every once in a while to enter my email and things. That seems stupid to me as a member of the forum already. It's also annoying as I'm typing my reply to have to stop and close the pop up for it. 
That's a popup for the Footballguys.com website asking folks to subscribe for a free Insider account. If you're not logged into the Footballguys site, it'll occasionally pop up. Hopefully they'll do that and then eventually buy a subscription as Footballguys subscription sales are what makes this message board possible. 

Not sure if this was part of the update, but an extensive search function would be excellent!  BTW, as I typed this, I got a pop-up asking to "join", etc.  I had to close the window, which at that point, contained a portion of my comment, and retype that portion.

This likely has nothing to do with the updated board and I've been trying to get some assistance on this for a few days but when I try to login to the message board it is locking my account for 15 minutes. It started when I logged in on a different device then one I normally use. Who can help?

Make the star bigger, please. Or a different color. Or something to make it different that the dot.

Would be nice to have a larger icon to identify threads posted in. The small star can be difficult to identify, especially on a phone. I seem to recall that this happened with a previous upgrade and was fixed/improved.  

This is my #1 complaint.  I liked the white star inside the blue circle.  It's very hard to distinguish now.

Make the star bigger, please. Or a different color. Or something to make it different that the dot.
I guess this isn't going to happen.

Also, I tried filtering on topics I've posted in and it only gave me one page with no ability to go back further (so I spent 20 min looking for this thread).  Is this new?  Or am I just having some sort of issue?

Not able to get in the free for all forum for a couple weeks now, get a http error 500. Not sure what the dealio is.

I guess this isn't going to happen.

Also, I tried filtering on topics I've posted in and it only gave me one page with no ability to go back further (so I spent 20 min looking for this thread).  Is this new?  Or am I just having some sort of issue?
The people have spoken.

Users who are viewing this thread