What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College RB Master Teague, Ohio State (1 Viewer)

IHEARTFF

Footballguy
Another guy going back to school next year that can play in the NFL. Wonder how the 2022 RB class will shake out.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has short bursts of productivity but I'm not that excited about his future. He is a short yardage between the tackle power back. He has decent burst to the hole but lacks cutting ability and is really lacking in long speed. He did make a decent cut to the outside when he scored against Alabama but let me tell you that was extremely rare. I can see him not being drafted in the NFL when the time comes and looks like a UDFA coming into the league. He does not really even fit OSU's offense in my opinion. I wish the best for him of course though I hope he is not the starting back for Ohio State next season. He does have value as a grinder when you need 2 or 3 yards. He is difficult to stop in that situation. A true short yardage TD vulture back. 
Coach, if you need two yards I'll get you three.  If you need four yards I'll get you three.

-Master Teague

Ohio State redshirt sophomore RB Master Teague (undisclosed) is not available for Saturday's game at Indiana. 

Teague (5'11/226) entered fall camp as the prohibitive favorite to be Ohio State's starting running back, but he's been overtaken by freshman TreVeyon Henderson. With Marcus Crowley also sidelined due to injury, the Buckeyes will be lacking depth at running back Saturday night. Henderson will be the primary ball-carrier, while Miyan Williams stands to be the backup. Williams was just recently cleared to return from an undisclosed injury. 

RELATED: 

Miyan Williams

SOURCE: Columbus Dispatch

Ohio State redshirt sophomore RB Master Teague (undisclosed) will not play in Saturday's game against Penn State. 

Teague (5'11/226) will sit for a second consecutive week, and his absence leaves the Buckeyes with three healthy scholarship running backs. Freshmen TreVeyon Henderson and Miyan Williams are at the top of the depth chart, with the former set to once again lead the way. Henderson has rushed for 693 yards and 11 touchdowns on 79 carries this season.  

RELATED: 

TreVeyon Henderson

, Miyan Williams

SOURCE: Columbus Dispatch on Twitter

Oct 30, 2021, 4:36 PM ET

Ohio State redshirt sophomore RB Master Teague (undisclosed) is still considered day-to-day ahead of Saturday's game at Nebraska.

Teague (5'11/226) hasn't played since October 9 against Maryland when he rushed four times for 31 yards and a touchdown before succumbing to injury. The redshirt sophomore has carried 44 times for 252 yards, 5.7 yards per tote and three touchdowns while earning a respectable 78.3 rushing grade according to PFF. Similar to how he was passed over last season by Trey Sermon for starting duty, five-star phenom TreVeyon Henderson has taken over the Ohio State running back room and shuttled Teague into a backup role. The Buckeyes are heavy 15 point favorites heading into this week's gam at Nebraska.

SOURCE: Dan Hope on Twitter

Nov 2, 2021, 1:38 PM ET

Ohio State RB Master Teague (undisclosed) is considered day-to-day for Saturday's game at Michigan State. 

Teague (5'11/226) was originally hurt on October 9 against Maryland when he rushed four times for 31 yards and a touchdown before succumbing to injury. He returned against Nebraska on November 6, rushing twice for eight yards before going down again and missing last week's contest against Purdue. The redshirt sophomore has carried 46 times for 260 yards, 5.7 yards per tote and three touchdowns while earning a respectable 78.2 rushing grade according to PFF. He is up on the air to play this Saturday against Michigan State.

SOURCE: Bill Rabinowitz on Twitter

Nov 16, 2021, 3:16 PM ET

For some reason I thought this guy was a 5th year senior, but it's only year 3 for him. Feels like he's been at tosu for longer. 

Anyway, Henderson looks pretty sweet for 2024.

For some reason I thought this guy was a 5th year senior, but it's only year 3 for him. Feels like he's been at tosu for longer. 

Anyway, Henderson looks pretty sweet for 2024.
I believe Henderson is 2023 draft eligible. 

Oops, brain fart, he will be in the 2024 draft most likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Master will probably hit the transfer portal next year to revive his stock .
I'm an OSU fan and to be honest, I don't think he ever had that stock.  He's just a lumbering / slow 3 yards in a cloud of dust runner.  I doubt he gets drafted and at best all he will ever be in fantasy football is a roster clogger.   Of course there are other bad RBs that have fantasy success because of opportunity, so never say never, but I'll pass.

Ohio State redshirt sophomore RB Master Teague III to enter the NFL Draft.

After starting the season as the Buckeyes starting RB, Teague III (5'11/226) slid down the depth chart with the emergence of TreVeyon Henderson. He had his best statistical season in 2019 rushing for 789 yards and four touchdowns. Over the past two seasons, his numbers have declined having shared time with Trey Sermon and Henderson. He will likely be a late day-three selection in the draft.

SOURCE: Master Teague III

Jan 3, 2022, 10:44 PM ET

Reminds me of Darrell Williams or Gus Edwards.  Perfectly functional in the right role, he'll get what's blocked and a bit more.  Not much use in the passing game but I did see some plays I thought he showed some nice natural ball skills.  He's not on my radar yet but if he ends up in a cherry situation like Cleveland post-Hunt he could end up being a priority late round pick for me.

2022 NFL Draft: Five takeaways from Ole Miss QB Matt Corral, Ohio State pro days

Excerpt:

5) Ohio State had more than just receivers to show off on Wednesday. Running back Master Teague, who missed time with injury and fell out of favor due to the emergence of TreVeyon Henderson in 2021, crushed the workout. He led all participants (including his larger defensive teammates) in the bench press with 27 reps and posted a 10-foot-11 broad jump, which would have bested every running back at the NFL Scouting Combine by three inches or more. As Dales put it, Teague was a beast in front of NFL scouts. The pro day could be a very positive development for his football future.

Bears signed Ohio State RB Master Teague.

The second back on the depth chart during most of his college career, Teague (5'11/221) left Columbus with 1,882 yards from scrimmage and 17 total touchdowns. Not invited to the Combine, Teague showed out at his Pro Day, running a 4.47 40 with a 36-inch vertical, and 10-foot-11 broad jump. Teague's straight-line athleticism is not in question, but he is not very elusive and struggles at times to find the right running lane. He looks like a traits-based project.

SOURCE: Matt Zenitz on Twitter

Apr 30, 2022, 7:52 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread