What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Seth Williams, Broncos (1 Viewer)

IHEARTFF

Footballguy
Seth Williams is a 6'3" 225 lb WR who makes downfield leaping catches. He's projected to go about the 3rd round in the 2021 draft. Might be a nice  round 2 rookie pick sleeper.

Last edited by a moderator:
DLF did a mixed offense/IDP mock and he went 2.04, IIRC. Looks tall, fluid, good hands, but has quickness and mobility questions. Dominator age and target share are very good. 19.4 for his breakout age, which is really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Auburn junior WR Seth Williams declared for the NFL Draft. 

Williams (6'3/211) has been one of the least efficient receivers in the nation this season. In 10 games this year he has received 90 targets, catching only 42 for a ghastly 46.7% catch rate. Bo Nix’s poor passing acumen certainly didn't help, but that can only explain so much, as Williams dropped eight of 50 catchable passes for an unacceptable 16% drop rate. The junior wideout possesses the size and athleticism to make some highlight reel worthy contested catches down the sideline, but he also makes too many mental errors and takes plays off. Williams projects as a late Day 2 - early Day 3 selection. 

SOURCE: Tom Green on Twitter

Jan 4, 2021, 5:57 PM ET

Auburn WR Seth Williams has the "ideal physical profile" in the opinion of Pro Football Network draft analyst Oliver Hodgkinson. 

"Auburn wide receiver Seth Williams has the ideal physical profile to be a coveted player in the 2021 NFL Draft," Hodgkinson wrote in his analysis. "At 6’2″ and 225 pounds, he is an imposing physical player whose natural size makes him a monster in several aspects of the wide receiver position. He may be closer to 6’3″, at least that is the impression you get from how he plays." Williams (6'2/225) doesn't have the numbers that many expect to see from a highly-regarded wide receiver prospect, but some of the blame for this could be assigned to inconsistent play at the quarterback position. In theory, that shouldn't be an issue for Williams at the next level. What also doesn't help Williams is the depth of this wide receiver class, which projects to be absolutely loaded. Some draft analysts view Williams as a Day 2/3 prospect heading into the spring. 

SOURCE: Pro Football Network 

Feb 22, 2021, 4:12 PM ET

I’m fading him a bit since he is too raw. He has great frame, etc... But he seems a bit lazy in his routes, and not football smart to use route running to his advantage when he knows it’s a running play. Not sharp enough to hit spots when a play is broken. It seems like a project for a team. I’m probably watching him and hoping he goes mid third for me. I won’t draft him in the second. Too many other values, I believe. 

I’m fading him a bit since he is too raw. He has great frame, etc... But he seems a bit lazy in his routes, and not football smart to use route running to his advantage when he knows it’s a running play. Not sharp enough to hit spots when a play is broken. It seems like a project for a team. I’m probably watching him and hoping he goes mid third for me. I won’t draft him in the second. Too many other values, I believe. 
I'm with you. Overall my first impression was a guy that just does jump ball wells. He gets off on that type of mentality. So if a team can use him to that, I believe that'll suit him well. Otherwise he's very raw and a project. I believe him to have some of the tools in order to improve his game and become more, which is why I still rank him somewhat high, but he's a project WR that profiles like Alshon Jeffery. If his work ethic and he learns from someone on how to be a pro, he could be much more. I'll leave the window open, but my first impression was just kind of "meh" and he kind of grew on me. 

Seth Williams is one of the more polarizing prospects in the draft.  His value is all over the place.

Auburn WR Seth Williams recorded an unofficial 4.50 second 40-yard dash time during Thursday's pro day workout.

Williams weighed in at 6-foot-3, 211 pounds so his 40-yard dash time is considered to be a solid showing considering his size. The Auburn wideout also registered a 37" vertical jump, a 10-4 broad jump and 12 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. He looks to have helped his case for a late-Day 2, early-Day 3 selection and projects at the next level as a possession type receiver with starter upside.  

SOURCE: The Athletic

Mar 19, 2021, 2:02 PM ET

One thing is for sure, he knows how to high point a football. Which is good because it will allow him to catch a few Touchdowns on some fade routes. WR 3/4 material on an NFL team. Can develop but is not going to produce much separation immediately.

You put him on the opponents shortest corner and hope he can steal you a 4-5 touchdowns as a rookie.

Seth Williams is one of the more polarizing prospects in the draft.  His value is all over the place.
Watching highlights and looking at his numbers, he's hard to know what to think.  Nice size that used very well in college.  Watching highlights--I feel that that's his main form of success--using his size to dominate smaller DB's.  And again--it's highlight clips--you're not going to see a lot of the 10 yard first down grabs.  But I'd like to have seen more getting open and making catches than just running by/jumping higher than defenders.

Broncos selected Auburn WR Seth Williams with the No. 219 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Williams made an immediate impact with 26/534/5 as an 18-year-old freshman against SEC competition and finished his three-year career ranked No. 3 in school history with 17 touchdown grabs. Although he tested as a nice 69th percentile athlete at Auburn's pro day, Williams struggled to produce in 2020 — perhaps from poor play under center — when facing elite opponents in Alabama (3/17), Georgia (3/34), and South Carolina (4/74) and inexplicably totaled 16 drops over his career. His intriguing combination of size (6'3/211) and speed (4.49 40-time) still project Williams as a viable possession receiver in the NFL. The Broncos have invested heavily in recent years which doesn't bode well for Williams' odds of making the final roster. He will likely spend his first year as a pro on Denver's practice squad.

RELATED: 

Denver Broncos

May 1, 2021, 5:17 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread