What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Terrace Marshall Jr, Panthers - making plays at training camp (1 Viewer)

IHEARTFF

Footballguy
TMJ is a 6'3" 200 lb athletic WR from the WR factory that is LSU. I don't know if he has the upside of some of the highest end guys, but he is projected to be a round 1 or more likely rd 2 NFL pick. Same for his rookie pick status. 

Last edited by a moderator:
TMJ is a 6'3" 200 lb athletic WR from the WR factory that is LSU. I don't know if he has the upside of some of the highest end guys, but he is projected to be a round 1 or more likely rd 2 NFL pick. Same for his rookie pick status
yeah it is getting crowded. kind of like 2020. 

In the opinion of Pro Football Network draft analyst Ian Cummings, LSU WR Terrace Marshall Jr. will likely be a Day 2 selection in next month's draft. 

With Ja'Marr Chase opting out of the 2020 season, Marshall (6'3/200) ascended into the WR1 role for the Tigers this past fall. In spite of the inconsistency of LSU's quarterbacks, Marshall finished the season with a 48-731-10 receiving stat line. While Cummings believes that the LSU pass-catcher will ultimately be a Day 2 selection, he also has concerns after Marshall's production slipped during the latter portion of the season. "But Marshall’s slight decline before his final game obstructed the upward trajectory, and by the end of the year, Marshall Jr. left questions unanswered, among them: Can he play to his 6-foot-3 size consistently? Can he contribute as a run blocker?" Cummings wrote. Marshall's performance at LSU's pro day, which will be held March 31, will go a long way towards determining his draft potential. 

SOURCE: Pro Football Network

Mar 17, 2021, 3:33 PM ET

barackdhouse said:
is this the under the radar guy this year?
I have Miami being a team that should take him and let some of these slightly flashier names in the Top-10 go there merry way. Now I would venture to guess a big Dynasty owner such as you would like Smith for example from Alabama to land on the Phins, just seems like there is room for a Miami WR to blossom even with Parker in the mix. I say that to set this up, as as a Phinsfan I would be sad if Miami were to go WR at No 3, that's what teams do who typically are not going to be making a Playoff run. 

I said all that to say yeah this guy is a little under the radar and I am a big fan and would like to see Miami get hm and develop him for at least a year alongside Parker who is under contract for another 3 years here but has a minimal cap hit after June 1st vs rest of his contract. 

Cheers BH, big fan of your posts 

I have Miami being a team that should take him and let some of these slightly flashier names in the Top-10 go there merry way. Now I would venture to guess a big Dynasty owner such as you would like Smith for example from Alabama to land on the Phins, just seems like there is room for a Miami WR to blossom even with Parker in the mix. I say that to set this up, as as a Phinsfan I would be sad if Miami were to go WR at No 3, that's what teams do who typically are not going to be making a Playoff run. 

I said all that to say yeah this guy is a little under the radar and I am a big fan and would like to see Miami get hm and develop him for at least a year alongside Parker who is under contract for another 3 years here but has a minimal cap hit after June 1st vs rest of his contract. 

Cheers BH, big fan of your posts 
He looks like a younger version of Parker. He turns 21 in  June, while Parker is already 28. Miami would probably have to get him at 2.18.

I'm also intrigued by Elijah Moore, who is smaller, more of a slot receiver, but has great separation speed for Tua. He has good hands and is tough. The high-end comp for Moore is Steve Smith. Moore might go a few spots later than Marshall. Moore is also just 20 years old. I'd take Moore at 2.18 if we don't already have a WR.

He looks like a younger version of Parker. He turns 21 in  June, while Parker is already 28. Miami would probably have to get him at 2.18.

I'm also intrigued by Elijah Moore, who is smaller, more of a slot receiver, but has great separation speed for Tua. He has good hands and is tough. The high-end comp for Moore is Steve Smith. Moore might go a few spots later than Marshall. Moore is also just 20 years old. I'd take Moore at 2.18 if we don't already have a WR.
That's who i prefer as well, we don't have a WR like him and he can be had in the 2nd Round, I've seen a 1st round grade on this guy. 

I would take him over Elijah Moore or Tylan Wallace.  He's probably the 6th WR off the board in fantasy drafts (Chase, Waddle, Bateman, Smith, R Moore, then Marshall or E Moore).

Last edited by a moderator:
2021 NFL Draft Scouting Notes And Thoughts

Excerpt:

One WR I’m not nearly as high on as most are is LSU’s Terrace Marshall Jr., who is generally projected as a late first-round prospect. In the 2020 games I watched (Auburn, Arkansas, Missouri, South Carolina) before he opted out, I saw a lazy route runner relative to his athleticism with iffy hands who didn’t even try to block. There were times where he flashed top-shelf ability but he was in the well too often for my tastes.  

I would take him over Elijah Moore or Tylan Wallace.  He's probably the 6th WR off the board in fantasy drafts (Chase, Waddle, Bateman, Smith, R Moore, then Marshall or E Moore).
My adjusted ranking of WRs has him 5th.  It would be a hard decision between him and Elijah Moore, which I have both over Rondale Moore now.  So, basically I have the WRs ranked 1) Chase, 2) Waddle, 3) Smith, 4) Bateman, 5) tie between Marshall and Elijah Moore, 7th) Rondale Moore, 8th) Dyami Brown, 9) Amon-Ra St. Brown, 10) Tylan Wallace

Wow that is surprisingly good. What’s the ideal landing spot?
2nd round to Bengals? Pairs him with his old QB Burrow and gives them a really nice trio of WRs. He can do what they wanted AJ Green to do last year. 

2nd to Chargers? Replace Mike Williams

LSU WR Terrace Marshall Jr. was timed at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash at his school's Pro Day on Wednesday. 

While Ja'Marr Chase was the headliner in Baton Rouge on Wednesday, Marshall (6'3/200) is no slouch himself. Projected by some analysts to be a Day 2 selection earlier this month, the former LSU wide receiver likely helped his prospects Wednesday morning. After clocking in at 4.38 seconds in the 40 Marshall decided to let that time stand and not run again, which is certainly understandable. The combination of his size and speed could push Marshall into the back end of Round 1, especially when considering that many of he wideouts at the head of the class are smaller in stature. 

SOURCE: Jane Slater on Twitter

Mar 31, 2021, 2:08 PM ET

Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Notre Dame, Wake Forest pro days: Kyle Pitts, Ja'Marr Chase post eye-popping 40s

Excerpt:

Like Chase, Marshall notched a 4.38 40, and like Chase, he understandably declined a second run. Marshall also churned out a 10-5 broad jump, 39-inch vertical leap and 19 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, skipping out on the agility drills (three-cone and short shuttle).

With those athletic traits packed into Marshall's healthy frame (6-2 5/8, 205 pounds), the versatile inside/outside threat is a contested-catch wizard. And he's entering the discussion as a Day 1 draft pick. Asked by NFL Network's Jane Slater -- who was on assignment in Baton Rouge -- if he considered himself a first-round type of player, the 20-year-old touchdown maker didn't hesitate: "Most definitely."

Stud written all over him.  

I'm at 1.12 in 1 league and the plan was to hope a QB falls to me, but if Marshall is slipping to the 2nd--It'll be hard to say no at that point.

Current #RAS leaders for WR:

Terrace Marshall 9.94u

Ja'Marr Chase 9.89u

Jacob Harris 9.88

Michael Strachan 9.78u

Jalen Camp 9.75 Nico Collins 9.56

Tarik Black 9.54

Rondale Moore 9.32u

Simi Fehoko 9.18

Brandon Smith 9.16

Rashod Bateman 9.13u

Kawaan Baker 9.08

Tim Jones 9.03
Marshall's my choice for biggest post-draft ADP riser.  Could pass Waddle.  

One important thing to note about Marshall. It is often mentioned how he had 670/13 as a sophomore playing against Jefferson and Chase. What is left out is that he missed 3 games. If he had played their full season, he could have hit 773/16. Last year we know Marshall was finally the go to guy. However, he walked away from the season early to protect his draft status.If LSU played the same number of games in 2020 as they did in 2019, he would have had  1566/21. 

One important thing to note about Marshall. It is often mentioned how he had 670/13 as a sophomore playing against Jefferson and Chase. What is left out is that he missed 3 games. If he had played their full season, he could have hit 773/16. Last year we know Marshall was finally the go to guy. However, he walked away from the season early to protect his draft status.If LSU played the same number of games in 2020 as they did in 2019, he would have had  1566/21. 
Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!

Users who are viewing this thread