Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, Lions

Sigmund Bloom @SigmundBloom

"Amon-Ra St. Brown looks comfortable in the slot and flashed some sticky hands. He’s all business and shows attention to detail that the coaches love....from the two practices I’ve caught, he’s just not a dynamic athlete and that puts a ceiling on how much he can offer."

https://twitter.com/sigmundbloom/status/1403369641716731904?s=21

Lions signed fourth-round WR Amon-Ra St. Brown to a four-year contract.

St. Brown was productive in all three seasons at USC, accounting for a career receiving yardage-share of 25 percent and a career receiving TD-share of 24 percent--good numbers for an early declare wide receiver. St. Brown played in the slot and out-wide in college, but broke out as a junior (33 percent dominator rating) playing primarily from the outside. In Detroit, Breshad Perriman and Tyrell Williams are expected to secure the outside roles, meaning St. Brown's opportunity is likely to come out of the slot. Given Jared Goff's proclivities, St. Brown could have a meaningful fantasy role right away if he acclimates quickly to the NFL game. Fourth-round picks are generally not great bets to make an immediate impact, but the available targets in Detroit and St. Brown's formation flexibility makes him far more appealing in fantasy that the typical Day 3 wide receiver. 

Jun 17, 2021, 5:15 PM ET

• 4 weeks later...

NFL Expert Votes Amon-Ra St. Brown 'Biggest Sleeper' Heading into Training Camp

• Day 3 prospect 
  • below average speed
  • bad team
  • mediocre QB
  • OC Anthony Lynn = run heavy, slow pace

Stay away guys, that thing I’ve been telling you for months? Well it’s not gonna happen.

If you don’t believe me, you could take him as your WR6/7 around R16-18. But I’d prefer you forget about him and leave his ADP & ECR where it is rn.

• Like 1