What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tonight on Hannity...Woka-cola...hate crime shmate crime (1 Viewer)

Are these politically correct going to edit/add/remove/warning label shows and movies that make fun of white people?
This is where it's probably worth remembering that the number of Chinese-Americans who are legitimately offended by a lame dad joke about fortune cookies is probably in the single digits.  But there's a very large number of fragile, woke white people who are offended on their behalf.  These trigger warnings are really for the white woke people.  

Sure...though Disney's warning specifically states "Rather than remove this content, we want to acknowledge its harmful impact, learn from it and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together."
I get what you are saying, but IMO that is just placating a few people.   If they thought the program following the warning had a harmful impact, they probably wouldn't be showing it.  

I just find this stuff to be mostly dumb and possibly harmful to art and honest discussion in the long run.  

Sure...though Disney's warning specifically states "Rather than remove this content, we want to acknowledge its harmful impact, learn from it and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together."
Seriously?  :lmao:   That's freaking ridiculous.

This is where it's probably worth remembering that the number of Chinese-Americans who are legitimately offended by a lame dad joke about fortune cookies is probably in the single digits.  But there's a very large number of fragile, woke white people who are offended on their behalf.  These trigger warnings are really for the white woke people.  
everyone if offended at something

but when we socially slip into using racism to fight racism and discrimination to fight discrimination .... the entire point of everyone being equal and fair becomes lost

we just shift who's being targeted

To me, it feels right to raise our kids to not see color.  That's the long play here. 

Instead we are getting critical race theory shoved down our throats.  The left wants massive upheaval, and blanket identity politics.  People are being "cancelled" for stupid ####...... if you disagree with their methods they scream racist!  It's very effective in today's climate.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, it feels right to raise our kids to not see color.  That's the long play here. 

Instead we are getting critical race theory shoved down our throats.  The left wants massive upheaval, and blanket identity politics.  People are being "cancelled" for stupid ####...... if you disagree with their methods they scream racist!  It's very effective in today's climate.
Or more accurately, this is what your social media sites are telling you the left want.  

Whatever.  You guys keep believing this is how the majority of the "lefties" think.   
I'm going by what is being presented.  I'm especially looking at what will be presented to my children.  It's not about what you think.  It's about the big picture of where we are heading.

I'm going by what is being presented.  I'm especially looking at what will be presented to my children.  It's not about what you think.  It's about the big picture of where we are heading.
well, if your kids are white they better start apologizing for being white.

Or more accurately, this is what your social media sites are telling you the left want.  
I don't do social media if ur referring to FB, twitter, etc....I mostly do a few forums for sports and fly fishing.

I have read some information on critical race theory, and white supremacy in math recently.  As far as I can tell this is being pushed forward into the mainstream.....am I wrong?  Please tell me I am....

I don't do social media if ur referring to FB, twitter, etc....I mostly do a few forums for sports and fly fishing.

I have read some information on critical race theory, and white supremacy in math recently.  As far as I can tell this is being pushed forward into the mainstream.....am I wrong?  Please tell me I am....
You’re wrong

The "white supremacy in math" thing is a fringe thing that I wouldn't worry about too much.  Critical race theory, unfortunately, is a different story.  That went from a fringe issue to the mainstream pretty much overnight.  

The "white supremacy in math" thing is a fringe thing that I wouldn't worry about too much.  Critical race theory, unfortunately, is a different story.  That went from a fringe issue to the mainstream pretty much overnight.  
Rochelle Gutierrez is fringe I guess?  I honestly don't know

In Oregon and Washington it seems to be more than fringe

Can you expand on this?  
Yes. 
The stories you’re reading (and watching on Hannity) are specifically designed to inflame conservative viewers such as yourself. There are actual researchers who are paid to search for these stories, like needles in a haystack, the more outrageous the better, whatever makes the white male a victim, whatever “political correctness” or “cancel culture” extreme story can be found to PISS YOU OFF so that you’ll continue to tune in. You’re butter in their hands. 

Yes. 
The stories you’re reading (and watching on Hannity) are specifically designed to inflame conservative viewers such as yourself. There are actual researchers who are paid to search for these stories, like needles in a haystack, the more outrageous the better, whatever makes the white male a victim, whatever “political correctness” or “cancel culture” extreme story can be found to PISS YOU OFF so that you’ll continue to tune in. You’re butter in their hands. 
I don't listen to Hannity, fwiw.  There's lots of info out there on equitable math, and critical race theory.  Published journal stuff....

I'm all for every kid thriving in the classroom.  I also think it's ok to be concerned about how this approach could potentially affect ALL children......at a minimum it seems like kids and teachers will be confused.....meanwhile, people in other countries who have much less opportunity will continue to laugh at us.

This most likely is the wrong forum to discuss this anyway.  People who lean more conservative questioning anything right now arent really going to be heard anyway.....and maybe worse..... At the end of the day, the powers that be are going to push through what they want, and we as parents will have to navigate it with our kids.

I don't know what to tell you.   I don't know anymore what you guys consider "mainstream".  When I read that, I think that means it's a widely accepted view that a majority of people believe.    Then I would say no for sure.   If you mean "mainstream" as in we probably could find an article or Op Ed from a "Mainstream" media outlet that has been on their site or passed around FB or Twitter a bunch, then I would say yes.  

I know mainly people on the left and with confidence I would say 0 of them believe that if you don't agree with X statement you are a racist like you suggested above.  

Still doesn't answer my question, unless your answer is that it's being presented to you on Google when you look it up.  
And this is what you guys do on here...

Go read the material for yourself!  Theres published papers that are easy to find.  I'm not going to engage in your mental gymnastics, and make this more complicated than it needs to be.  

I don't know what to tell you.   I don't know anymore what you guys consider "mainstream".  When I read that, I think that means it's a widely accepted view that a majority of people believe.    Then I would say no for sure.   If you mean "mainstream" as in we probably could find an article or Op Ed from a "Mainstream" media outlet that has been on their site or passed around FB or Twitter a bunch, then I would say yes.  

I know mainly people on the left and with confidence I would say 0 of them believe that if you don't agree with X statement you are a racist like you suggested above.  
I appreciate when you come on here and remind us you are the resident authority on what the majority of people think, feel, say etc.   That needs to be reinforced at times.

Whatever.  You guys keep believing this is how the majority of the "lefties" think.   

And this is what you guys do on here...

Go read the material for yourself!  Theres published papers that are easy to find.  I'm not going to engage in your mental gymnastics, and make this more complicated than it needs to be.  
Not sure what is over complicated.  You responded to my post above about the majority of lefties believing this with you saying you are going by what is being presented to you, and also stated it's the big picture as to where we are heading.  

I simply asked where you are being presented this idea that it's the majority and this is where we are heading.  You telling me to read about critical race theory doesn't answer either of those questions.  :shrug:

You;re right. You just say it

"The majority of people........"  
I didn't know that every post required "IMO".   

I am often proven wrong.   This one I push back on because this stuff is never said around here on this lefty board, I know 0 people would I could say with confidence though that way, I have never encountered it as ideas in my kids' schools etc.   So yes - IMO this is not something the majority of people believe or think.    

Most of the time these ideas are brought up and claimed to be mainstream it's by a link to a conservative source or SM telling them what the left is up to and what they are thinking.  

I didn't know that every post required "IMO".   

I am often proven wrong.   This one I push back on because this stuff is never said around here on this lefty board, I know 0 people would I could say with confidence though that way, I have never encountered it as ideas in my kids' schools etc.   So yes - IMO this is not something the majority of people believe or think.    

Most of the time these ideas are brought up and claimed to be mainstream it's by a link to a conservative source or SM telling them what the left is up to and what they are thinking.  
You could just leave it at the majority of people you encounter.  I suspect you don't run in circles that don't align with your views.  So you only know you 

You could just leave it at the majority of people you encounter.  I suspect you don't run in circles that don't align with your views.  So you only know you 
Just for you, I will watch my phrasing from now on.  

Make sure to play deputy board cop with your buddies too - make sure they aren't making false equivalents and claiming they know what a majority of lefties think.  ;)

Users who are viewing this thread