What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Awards - Best Value For QB (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Fun series we're doing on our new Instagram. Hope you're following there too. 

Here's the question: Who wins the 2020 Award for Best Value at the QB position?

Let's hear who you think and more importantly, why. 

Fun series we're doing on our new Instagram. Hope you're following there too. 

Here's the question: Who wins the 2020 Award for Best Value at the QB position?

Let's hear who you think and more importantly, why. 
I have my two best value to offer(both from ten team leagues)

1) Josh Allen - drafted in tenth round of a redraft league and he finished as second highest qb scorer in the league

2) Aaron Rodgers - drafted in tenth round of a start up dynasty superflex league and finished highest scorer in the league

I won money in both leagues but didn’t win championship in either. Both were studs.

I have my two best value to offer(both from ten team leagues)

1) Josh Allen - drafted in tenth round of a redraft league and he finished as second highest qb scorer in the league

2) Aaron Rodgers - drafted in tenth round of a start up dynasty superflex league and finished highest scorer in the league

I won money in both leagues but didn’t win championship in either. Both were studs.
Agree with these two...would add in Justin Herbert as well...the difference with Herbert is he was a complete afterthought where there were zero expectations for fantasy production in 2020.

D.Watson was my 7th round draft pick and I have zero regrets about that value. He was a reliable weekly starter despite the at times rough receiving corps. He didn’t do quite as much with his legs as I would have liked, but he also stayed healthy all season. 

Agree with these two...would add in Justin Herbert as well...the difference with Herbert is he was a complete afterthought where there were zero expectations for fantasy production in 2020.
I agree. I put him on the value rookie post. I should have put him here too. I paid a 3.3 for him in a rookie draft and felt very happy as he became my starter in that dynasty league. I took over team as a reclaim project and got that one turned around well enough in one year after drafting JTaylor, JJeferson, JHerbert and BEdwards. Edwards is only head scratcher I had. His highlight tape must have fooled my eye test. 😀

While he ended up tailing off at the end of the year due to playing through an injury, I would add Kyler Murray to this list. 

For the 3/4 of the fantasy season he was putting up 2019 Lamar cheat code numbers and he was consistently being drafted in that 3rd tier of QBs. And he was the number one ranked QB in most scoring formats for the bulk of the season. And he had many just nuclear week winning performances.

For pure value based on ADP though, I think it is very tough to beat Rodgers. Guy was an afterthought and going in double digit rounds in most leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Tannehill is a great one, but I wonder about Allen being included here. He went fairly high in drafts due to his rushing and especially his rushing touchdowns (at least in four-point pass TD leagues he did).

I think Tannehill is a great one, but I wonder about Allen being included here. He went fairly high in drafts due to his rushing and especially his rushing touchdowns (at least in four-point pass TD leagues he did).
Allen went after Kyler. Fantasy Pros has adp at QB9. FFCalc listed him as QB5. So I guess where and when you drafted likely made a big difference.

Easy for me.  Allen and Rodgers, with Herbert as a honorable mention.  Allen and Rodgers were both beasts and consistent which is what you really want at the QB spot.  Herbert was a little more inconsistent but still was really solid and allowed you to trade your original starting QB like Jackson for another solid piece to help you win a championship.

Users who are viewing this thread