Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 Awards - Best Value For TE


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Feels like Logan Thomas or Robert Tonyan have to be the answer.  Not sure either were drafted (Tonyan might have been late, cannot recall) and both finished top 5 in PPR. 

You're right, IMO. Tonyan was a waiver wire guy up until they played Atlanta, which was a decent ways into the season. Thomas was also waiver wire fodder for the most part, unless you were prescient and took him really late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

You're right, IMO. Tonyan was a waiver wire guy up until they played Atlanta, which was a decent ways into the season. Thomas was also waiver wire fodder for the most part, unless you were prescient and took him really late.

I gladly sold Tonyan for a 2nd rd pick in this draft wherever I could.  WW gold mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zamboni said:

I’d go with Hockenson. He was very consistent all year.

I don’t think he was really a value... I think he did about what most expected when they drafted him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In TE premium I would actually pick Waller. I can't recall his exact ADP in FFPC leagues last year,  but probably somewhere in early to mid 5th. A lot of people, of which I'm one, thought he would regress.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Boston said:

I don’t think he was really a value... I think he did about what most expected when they drafted him.

I guess my league overlooked him more then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, menobrown said:

In TE premium I would actually pick Waller. I can't recall his exact ADP in FFPC leagues last year,  but probably somewhere in early to mid 5th. A lot of people, of which I'm one, thought he would regress.

 

Yeah my thought was Waller in PPR or TE premium. He actually had a better year last year than Kelce or Kittle had in 2019. Getting that in round 6-7 (higher in TE premium) was a massive advantage, more so for me than getting 10ish ppg for free from guys like Tonyan or Thomas.

Edited by jtd13
Clarifying
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jtd13 said:

Yeah my thought was Waller in PPR or TE premium. He actually had a better year last year than Kelce or Kittle had in 2019. Getting that in round 6-7 (higher in TE premium) was a massive advantage, more so for me than getting 10ish ppg for free from guys like Tonyan or Thomas.

Waller is the name that came to mind.  He was expected to have a good season but I didn’t see that season coming.  Thought for sure LV would target the WRs more.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best value with a real impact on most leagues has to be Waller. Thomas and tonyan were great additions for teams that lost kittle, Howard or others

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis Kelce. A steal at any price. I took him 1.01 in Anarchy (2 PPR for TEs) and he was probably the best value I got all draft.

Logan Thomas, Waller, and Tonyan are also good picks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Waller- sure he cost more than Logan Thomas and Robert Tonyan but he also delivered the kind of season that legit could be the difference between making the playoffs or not, winning the title or coming in 3rd. He was basically giving you Keenan Allen points per game from the TE spot. 

2.Kelce- weird to say a late 2nd round pick was a value at TE but Kelce gave you a Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill level season and one could argue with this hindsight deserved to be a top 3 pick. 

3. Logan Thomas/ Tonyan- tie here as they both were cheap as possible and finished top 5 at the position. Though they were nowhere near Waller. Waller was performing like a high end WR1, these guys were giving more WR 5 level performances. Nice values but probably didn't make a difference/ 

4. Hock- he was fine, he was pretty reasonably priced

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2021 at 3:01 PM, DocHolliday said:

Waller is the name that came to mind.  He was expected to have a good season but I didn’t see that season coming.  Thought for sure LV would target the WRs more.  

Waller is basically a WR with TE designation anyways. He doesn't block.

My theory and I wonder what your opinion of this might be, is that Waller plays the Z WR position for the Raiders which is the most targeted player in Grudens WCO. Because he has that role the other WR do not get as many targets as you might expect them to because Waller is getting so many.

I agree with folks saying Waller may have given the greatest return on investment for 2020. Robert Tonyan or Logan Thomas would be the other options as they went undrafted in most leagues but finished as TE 3 (they are both very close to the same score). Still there is a gap of about 100 points between Waller and those guys, so hard to say they were a better value than he was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...