What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Awards - Best Value For Rookie (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Fun series we're doing on our new Instagram. Hope you're following there too. 

Here's the question: Who wins the 2020 Award for Rookie Best Value.

Let's hear who you think and more importantly, why.

Justin Jefferson or James Robinson, probably Jefferson more so because Jefferson was on waiver wires four or five games into the season while by that time the Robinson crew had set sail and was catching a nice breeze. Jefferson wound up overall WR6 if PFF is telling me the truth. Now that's production for a rookie.

How can it not be Robinson?  Starting RB for waiver wire prices. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How can it not be Robinson?
Agreed...went from being a guy almost no one knew (not just not drafted but actually did not know) to a top 10 RB that outside of the real deep leagues you probably got on waivers for $0.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun series we're doing on our new Instagram. Hope you're following there too. 

Here's the question: Who wins the 2020 Award for Rookie Best Value.

Let's hear who you think and more importantly, why.
I have a few rookies to offer as my best values:

1) James Robinson - waiver wire add after week 1 in a redraft ten team league

2) Justin Jefferson - drafted 2.3 in a twelve team dynasty and became my number one receiver

3) Justin Herbert - drafted 3.3 in a twelve team dynasty and became my number one QB

If focusing on ADP, I'd say Gibson at RB and Claypool at WR. In my dynasty leagues both were late 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

If focusing on ADP, I'd say Gibson at RB and Claypool at WR. In my dynasty leagues both were late 2nd and 3rd round picks. 
True those guys were awesome values. But anywhere you picked James Robinson was insane value. Similarly Jefferson and Herbert. 

True those guys were awesome values. But anywhere you picked James Robinson was insane value. Similarly Jefferson and Herbert. 
Oh Robinson wasn't drafted in ANY of my leagues. He had to be pickup of the year. I had zero shares. DOH! 

As much as I like Jefferson and he was great, anytime you can get a solid starting RB off the WW that helped you all year, that's the choice.  Robinson for me.

Users who are viewing this thread