What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Kamala Harris Impeachment Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Would seem like a waste of time and money since no way they get 67 Senator votes. So she's innocent. 
The proverbial coin flips, and we see they’re on either side. That’s assuming they actually regain the majority.

ETA: I imagine they’ll have some type of drummed up charges that are actually false at any rate, since they and the truth are evidently estranged as of late.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the type of bad faith rhetoric that tends to backfire on Republicans.
Everything Lindsay Graham is saying and doing these days is going to backfire on him. 
Graham, like Hawley and Cruz, has looked at the polling of Republicans and decided to continue to hitch his wagon firmly to Donald Trump. This is the wrong side, despite the current polls. The Republican base is slow to change opinion, and right now they resent the hell out of liberals lecturing them that they were wrong about Trump; hence the continued firm support. But they’re also not stupid. Give it 6 months, a year, two years...Trump’s hold over them is going to diminish, then disappear altogether. 

I don't know....seems like a legit thing to do.  I mean, if the Democrats are so concerned about fairness and equality then supporting this is a no-brainer!

Would seem like a waste of time and money since no way they get 67 Senator votes. So she's innocent. 
But impeachment is the only way to have the legitimate discussion about it and hold her ACCOUNTABLE!!!!

It's all about accountability, that's all we want.  It's not about revenge or payback.  Seriously, it's not.  Just accountability.

I don't know....seems like a legit thing to do.  I mean, if the Democrats are so concerned about fairness and equality then supporting this is a no-brainer!
Again, this rhetoric tends to backfire. It's the same mentality that leads Trump supporters to think that they can storm the Capitol as long as they claim that it's a "peaceful protest".

Again, this rhetoric tends to backfire. It's the same mentality that leads Trump supporters to think that they can storm the Capitol as long as they claim that it's a "peaceful protest".
It's also the same rhetoric that causes neighborhoods to be burned to the ground and business looted.  As long as they claim it's about "RACISM!" it's okay.

Man, that was easy.

Lindsey has more flips than Waffle House. 

A woman of color. Her only offense. She bailed someone out? Is that an impeachable offense?

And notice in your link that she should be impeached IF the GOP takes back the house. IF IF IF!

This needs to be filed in the round bin. Next. Geez, you guys are really reaching.

​

But impeachment is the only way to have the legitimate discussion about it and hold her ACCOUNTABLE!!!!

It's all about accountability, that's all we want.  It's not about revenge or payback.  Seriously, it's not.  Just accountability.
Accountable for what exactly? The offending tweet Graham is talking about was in June of 2020 and she wasn't VP then. Trump was impeached twice for things he did while in office, not before. 

I can't believe Republican leadership is actually saying stuff like this. How deep is the crazy in the electorate? I don't watch Fox, Newsmax, or OAN. Is this standard stuff?

I can't believe Republican leadership is actually saying stuff like this. How deep is the crazy in the electorate? I don't watch Fox, Newsmax, or OAN. Is this standard stuff?
We know Lindsey isn't serious. It's just something fun to say to get the libs all wound up, like threatening to put Nancy P on the witness stand.

Kamala Harris's "offense" is tweeting a link to the Minnesota Freedom Fund which helps put up bail for anyone who can't post bail so they are not kept in jail for the sole reason of not having enough money.

Kamala Harris's "offense" is tweeting a link to the Minnesota Freedom Fund which helps put up bail for anyone who can't post bail so they are not kept in jail for the sole reason of not having enough money.
She was bailing out those where rioting, arson, looting, assaults and murders..  Seems impeachment-worthy to me.

One thing about the left, they sure can turn on a dime.

Not sure if this thread was supposed to be satire or not, but this is actually my prediction. I believe (and I hope I'm wrong) Kamala will be President much sooner than people expect.

One thing about the left, they sure can turn on a dime.

Not sure if this thread was supposed to be satire or not, but this is actually my prediction. I believe (and I hope I'm wrong) Kamala will be President much sooner than people expect.
This does not se the left turning...but the right that defended Trump

not once...but twice in deserving impeachment...for trying with someone who doesn’t seem to have committed an impeachable offense...and the offense  even discussed was before she was VP

not once...but twice in deserving impeachment...for trying with someone who doesn’t seem to have committed an impeachable offense...and the offense  even discussed was before she was VP
I was referring more to the "she herself didn't do that" defense.

Swung and missed on three straight
I guess i dont understand what you were saying then. It sure sounded like you didnt support impeaching people for reading into things they said or actions that others did based on her words. Just because she posted a link that said "donate to the minnesota freedom fund" doesnt mean she should be held responsible if people actually did it and of course she cant be held responsible if the bad re-offenders got bailed out too, even though that could have been considered a completely obvious and forseeable outcome. 

I thought that was an obviously bipartisan point since we just watched that unfold. 

The more I hear about "impeachment" on any side is that the key is having majority in Congress.  On POTUS Radio said that is left leaning but overall pretty good on info said GOP kept control in 2018 and 2020 there never would have been any impeachments trials.  Is that true?

The more I hear about "impeachment" on any side is that the key is having majority in Congress.  On POTUS Radio said that is left leaning but overall pretty good on info said GOP kept control in 2018 and 2020 there never would have been any impeachments trials.  Is that true?
There barely was an impeachment "trial" in 2020.  Thanks to ol Mitch.  This one at least there was some semblance of a trial (still no witnesses).  But I think there were enough Rs ready for it that at least one of these would have still made it through the house.

I mean...we can talk about if its political...but IMO...the things Trump was impeached for...any POTUS would have been impeached or had articles brought for those actions.  Nobody...nobody would have ever been impeached for what Kamala is being accused of here in this little game.

Everything Lindsay Graham is saying and doing these days is going to backfire on him. 

Amd some would defend this by Graham...and not see any hypocrisy .
Lindsay is my Senator. I can assure you he is going nowhere. Folks love him here for some reason. He isn't particularly involved locally, I don't see massive improvements in SC's infrastructure/industry/education so not sure what his claim to fame is other than he supports Trump  :shrug:

Because she didn't...Trump did himself do what he was accused of.  Save the "he was acquitted so he didn't actually do it".
Now you’re the sherrif of responses?  Because that excuse came straight out of you Clinton dudes.  So spare us all your bull crap here

There is nothing impeachable about donating to a fund that helps people who can't afford bail. Even if that money went to suspected arsonists or rioters or murderers. 
Yes, an action that was not illegal and would not have been impeachable even if she were VP, which she wasn't at the time. 

squistion said:
Irrelevant. She was not Vice President at the time. 
If I remember right all 50 blue Senators voted that concept constitutional.  

Not saying she should be impeached.  Heck, let's impeach Carter - incitement of stagflation.  That would be much more entertaining and he certainly did more damage to the US than Kamala ever could.

If I remember right all 50 blue Senators voted that concept constitutional.  

Not saying she should be impeached.  Heck, let's impeach Carter - incitement of stagflation.  That would be much more entertaining and he certainly did more damage to the US than Kamala ever could.
Voted what constitutional?

Because if you are talking about Trump...he was POTUS when his actions occurred...even when he was impeached.

parasaurolophus said:
I guess i dont understand what you were saying then. It sure sounded like you didnt support impeaching people for reading into things they said or actions that others did based on her words. Just because she posted a link that said "donate to the minnesota freedom fund" doesnt mean she should be held responsible if people actually did it and of course she cant be held responsible if the bad re-offenders got bailed out too, even though that could have been considered a completely obvious and forseeable outcome. 
Convicted rapists and such were bailed out.  The director of the fund said "“I often don’t even look at a charge when I bail someone out,” Lewin said. “I will see it after I pay the bill because it is not the point. The point is the system we are fighting.”"

So, yeah, without even a shred of common sense or oversight these boneheads running the fund let truly dangerous people free.  I can see the political point to bailing out protestors.  Bailing out rapists and such?  Awful.  And Kamala, as a super high profile politician, should have vetted this place before tweeting.  That was a dumb as any of DJT's tweets.  

Voted what constitutional?

Because if you are talking about Trump...he was POTUS when his actions occurred...even when he was impeached.
They voted that it didn't matter if DJT was in office. 

Either way she could be impeached if political whims go that way.  She was a Senator at the time, which is a federal office. 

They voted that it didn't matter if DJT was in office. 

Either way she could be impeached if political whims go that way.  She was a Senator at the time, which is a federal office. 
That it didn't matter he wasn't still in office and they could still proceed.

Not that he was not in office when the acts occurred.  In this case, Harris was not VP when the acts being talked about even happened.  Those are two totally different things.

And I hope we are in a place where the political whims are never for impeaching people for things like...supporting a fund that bailed people out.  Even if some people did bad things...the system still gives them the option of bail...

Users who are viewing this thread