What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS On Demand is Unwatchable (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
I downloaded a few episodes of a show  to watch it "on demand".  10 minutes into the show there was an ad break with about 10 minutes of promos for other shows on CBS.  I was less than halfway through the show when the third break started and I just deleted all of the on demand downloads.  Unwatchable.  10-minutes of ads every 5-10 minutes is unbelievable especially when they're showing the same promo several times in the same break.  All the breaks showed the same promos.  How stupid are these people?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: One
App dropped like a stone right after the national anthem before the Super Bowl.  Ran to the bar and cancelled the sub while sitting there.

I have it exclusively to watch Champions League soccer and have no complaints.  Money well-spent for me, but obviously there are no commercial breaks during live play and I’ve never watched anything else on the app. 

That's why you shoot the lock off the wallet to pay a couple extra bucks a month for the no ad version. 

I also assume you are talking CBS in demand with your cable or directv package and not cbs all access?

Shatner! said:
I also assume you are talking CBS in demand with your cable or directv package and not cbs all access?
Correct.  Not familiar with the vernacular.

I totally agree.  So many commercials.  Many of them play 2-3 times per commercial break. 

seems to be already done. Yellowstone was showing up on this Paramount Plus channel on my cable guide today.
Paramount is a channel that's been around. That's where Yellowstone was created and aired for current seasons. Paramount owns CBS. CBS All Access is the streaming service that is going to be rebranded as Paramount+.

Paramount actually sold the streaming rights to many of their shows to other streamers. That's why you'll find Yellowstone on NBC owned Peacock and not on CBS All Access (ie Paramount+). In the case of Yellowstone, these rights may stay with Peacock for a while. Sounds like Paramount+ will be doing a spin-off. I think I read a prequel. One of the reasons they are putting more money and effort into a streaming service is they have been giving away (well selling I guess) content to other streamers and they could be making more holding on and building their own streaming brand. Think Marvel pre-MCU struggling and selling their rights to Fox, Etc, only if they had already created the content.

Paramount is a channel that's been around. That's where Yellowstone was created and aired for current seasons. Paramount owns CBS. CBS All Access is the streaming service that is going to be rebranded as Paramount+.

Paramount actually sold the streaming rights to many of their shows to other streamers. That's why you'll find Yellowstone on NBC owned Peacock and not on CBS All Access (ie Paramount+). In the case of Yellowstone, these rights may stay with Peacock for a while. Sounds like Paramount+ will be doing a spin-off. I think I read a prequel. One of the reasons they are putting more money and effort into a streaming service is they have been giving away (well selling I guess) content to other streamers and they could be making more holding on and building their own streaming brand. Think Marvel pre-MCU struggling and selling their rights to Fox, Etc, only if they had already created the content.
Just more shows I'll never see :lol:

You can find CBS All Access free monthly codes on the regular and they often will cover the commercial free version. I haven’t paid for it basically since the pandemic started. Current code is FORYOU

As for the app, commercials suck but it’s much better than Hulu or Peacock (which isn’t saying much.) Still well below the D+, Netflix, & Prime apps.

Users who are viewing this thread