What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL American Idol 2021 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I mean, I'm fat... but the last girl they showed had the oddest body shape I think I've ever seen.

I want to smack Kellyanne Conway's brat kid.

So far no one has blown me away, but it's only been one episode.

But as with all other seasons, I'm 100% in.  Only thing to watch right now is basketball and I need something to fill the 10pm-11pm timeslot before I pass out.

I mean, I'm fat... but the last girl they showed had the oddest body shape I think I've ever seen.

I want to smack Kellyanne Conway's brat kid.

So far no one has blown me away, but it's only been one episode.

But as with all other seasons, I'm 100% in.  Only thing to watch right now is basketball and I need something to fill the 10pm-11pm timeslot before I pass out.
We watched. I liked the tourettes girl a bit, but otherwise meh. Conway was such a cynical ratings grab..not terrible singer, but not worth including. Not sure how much of this we'll watch.

Anybody still watching?

That one guy might be the best pure singer they've ever had...no hyperbole. Big fella. Did Yellow by Coldplay insanely well. Gospel roots, but doesn't have to put a run on everything...although not sure what kind of album he'll make. The unfortunately shaped but still pretty enough girl has a huge voice too. And the cute little Disney girl has surprisingly good chops too, but needs a haircut.

They got very lucky last years runner up, Gunn, didn't move further.. Bad enough he made top 7.

Of those left.. Willie is the big man and a voice to go with it.. Voice talent wise the best.. Just doesn't have the marketability to be star, IMO

As a :headbang:  fan I like Casey.. But they'll force her into pop songs if she wins so better off not winning.

I'm not a country fan, but Caleb is extremely talented.

Grace has talent but sings all her songs the same way.. 

Thank goodness Arthur is gone.  That was b.s. from the beginning.

So glad that little ##### Hunter is gone too.

Willie may be one of the best voices in the history of the show. But I wonder if there will be a shocking early exit like when Jennifer Hudson went out. I hope he wins, but I’m also pulling for Casey Bishop. She is the complete package at freaking 15 years old. She might have the biggest stylistic range (from rock to Disney) of any female I’ve ever seen on the show, and she is cute as a button. Chayce has a cool style, but his voice is very limited. Grace has an extremely good voice but just doesn’t stand out for me. Relies way too much on being a belter. And Caleb was right when he said he’s more of a songwriter than a singer. His originals are pretty fantastic, but like Chayce, his voice is limited. 

Thank goodness Arthur is gone.  That was b.s. from the beginning.

So glad that little ##### Hunter is gone too.
Bringing back the guy who finished second last season was so lame. And while his style seemed fresh last year, it fell completely flat on the big stage. And it hurt to watch Hunter sing. He strains so much on every note - I think he might actually be injuring his vocal chords and he always seems on the verge of a meltdown.

Bringing back the guy who finished second last season was so lame
The episode the brought all of that crew back, he wasn't even that good- and I like him. Shows how much having a following in place is what the show is about. The powerful pop voiced girl who looked like a teen Russian mail order bride really should've been the choice...or the young woman they said improved the most. 

If AI holds to form based on previous voting, it'll be the most palatable/least offensive and closest to white guy that wins, regardless of talent. So the Chayce guy with zero range, but good musical instincts. I guess the Scooby-Doo faced Caleb kid could as well- plus he's the more country of those two (which can corner that voting segment), and also has his own clear musical intent... even though they both seem more southern rock than country.

With the big belters, I try to listen to when the song is in it's less interesting setting up the big belt moments- a better indicator to me of how well they sing. Most of those contestants who can belt tend to gloss over these quieter parts, ranging from singing not well to becoming completely detached while they wait to get the big moment. Grace is better than most there in the former, but less so in the latter. But she could make a good, big pop tune ala any of the Adele/big-voiced stars out there now but don't know that she has enough of an identity/musical instincts to make it interesting or lasting.

Willie (and I'm glad you guys post their names that I can never remember)...I said it earlier- what kind of record does he make? Every song he does has been incredible, but is there a clear direction for who he will be as a pro? I still hope he wins.

I agree with you about the Disney girl, Casey. It'd be fun to get a winner that does more rock- and man she has a legit voice (and like Grace is good enough while she waits for the big parts). Yeah, it's impressive how well she can jump genres. I keep saying Disney girl and I think they'd be smart to sign her up and let her be a multipurpose star (I would bet she acts as well).

The episode the brought all of that crew back, he wasn't even that good- and I like him. Shows how much having a following in place is what the show is about. The powerful pop voiced girl who looked like a teen Russian mail order bride really should've been the choice...or the young woman they said improved the most. 

If AI holds to form based on previous voting, it'll be the most palatable/least offensive and closest to white guy that wins, regardless of talent. So the Chayce guy with zero range, but good musical instincts. I guess the Scooby-Doo faced Caleb kid could as well- plus he's the more country of those two (which can corner that voting segment), and also has his own clear musical intent... even though they both seem more southern rock than country.

With the big belters, I try to listen to when the song is in it's less interesting setting up the big belt moments- a better indicator to me of how well they sing. Most of those contestants who can belt tend to gloss over these quieter parts, ranging from singing not well to becoming completely detached while they wait to get the big moment. Grace is better than most there in the former, but less so in the latter. But she could make a good, big pop tune ala any of the Adele/big-voiced stars out there now but don't know that she has enough of an identity/musical instincts to make it interesting or lasting.

Willie (and I'm glad you guys post their names that I can never remember)...I said it earlier- what kind of record does he make? Every song he does has been incredible, but is there a clear direction for who he will be as a pro? I still hope he wins.

I agree with you about the Disney girl, Casey. It'd be fun to get a winner that does more rock- and man she has a legit voice (and like Grace is good enough while she waits for the big parts). Yeah, it's impressive how well she can jump genres. I keep saying Disney girl and I think they'd be smart to sign her up and let her be a multipurpose star (I would bet she acts as well).
Great post. Re: Casey, the fact that you call her Disney Girl, while I call her Rocker Girl speaks volumes I think. She killed at both Soundgarden and Paramore, and then slays Somewhere Over the Rainbow and Toy Story 2. Amazing for a 15 year old. 

Edit:  Heck, at her very first audition, she sang Motley Crue and My Funny Valentine. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In a statement to the Herald-Journal, Kennedy’s mother, Anita Guy, said that the video was taken when Kennedy was 12, after watching the film “The Strangers: Prey at Night,” in which a character wears a hood over his head.

“I hate this has happened and how Caleb is being portrayed by people online,” Guy said. “This video was taken after Caleb had watched the movie ‘The Strangers: Prey at Night’ and they were imitating those characters. It had nothing to do with the Ku Klux Klan, but I know that’s how it looks. Caleb doesn’t have a racist bone in his body. He loves everyone and has friends of all races.”

In a statement on his social media, Kennedy, a native of Roebuck, South Carolina, addressed the video and his elimination from “American Idol.”

“Hey y’all, this is gonna be a bit of a surprise, but I am no longer gonna be on ‘American Idol.’ There was a video that surfaced on the internet and it displayed actions that were not meant to be taken in that way,” Kennedy wrote. “I was younger and did not think about the actions, but that’s not an excuse. I wanna say sorry to all my fans and everyone who I have let down. I’ll be taking a little time off social media to better myself, but saying that, I know this has hurt and disappointed a lot of people and made people lose respect for me. I’m so sorry! I pray that I can one day regain your trust in who I am and have your respect! Thank you for supporting me.”

back to back weeks of disney and coldplay....are they trying to run off fans?  the gunn mess, kkkaleb.  please, take this show to the shed already.

back to back weeks of disney and coldplay....are they trying to run off fans?  the gunn mess, kkkaleb.  please, take this show to the shed already.
And the Park Ranger kid exiting early for some mysterious reason.
And the judges haven't said a new, interesting or critically useful thing in years.

But yet, these are some of the better contestants they've had in a long while.

And the judges haven't said a new, interesting or critically useful thing in years.

But yet, these are some of the better contestants they've had in a long while.
Agreed. 

And yes the judges are putrid. Even when a contestant craps the bed, they say the same meaningless complimentary drivel. I’d pay to get Simon Colwell back on to speak some truth. Real feedback will help the good singers get better and the bad singers find something else to do with their lives. 

if you can't figure out how to get that casey girl to the finals, you really shouldn't have a show anymore TBH.  i assume all the little girls are voting for chayce and not those 2 enormous others.

if you can't figure out how to get that casey girl to the finals, you really shouldn't have a show anymore TBH.  i assume all the little girls are voting for chayce and not those 2 enormous others.

I have Sunday’s show taped but haven’t watched it yet. If Rocker girl is gone, I may not watch. 
Yea, sucked she is out.. But, as I mentioned above, might be best as AI would have forced her to do nothing but Pop songs, limiting her to perform at her best. 

Basically we have Gospel man, Adele part 2 and country bumkin..

I'll watch the finale, but have no one left to root for with Casey out :kicksrock:

Guess I'm the only one that was pulling for Chayce.  I think the guy's got plenty of talent.  I'd buy his record, or CD, or whatever you do to buy music these days.... :shrug:  

Guess I'm the only one that was pulling for Chayce.  I think the guy's got plenty of talent.  I'd buy his record, or CD, or whatever you do to buy music these days.... :shrug:  
To be honest, I like him musically. Tone of his voice, the southern-rock into country thing, good musical instincts imo. And his song is decent.

But talent-wise....in a singing competition... I'd go as far as saying Willie's the best guy they've ever had. And Chayce- just another throwaway nondescript voice imo (even if I like him ok) and needs to respell his name.

Katy makes this show unwatchable.

She's pretty terrible.  Used to love her but now, meh.

And as for the '22 contestants... also meh.  Maybe Fritz?  He's at least somewhat interesting.  The drywaller from Kentucky has a great sound but he'd get swallowed up in the industry real fast. 

She's pretty terrible.  Used to love her but now, meh.

And as for the '22 contestants... also meh.  Maybe Fritz?  He's at least somewhat interesting.  The drywaller from Kentucky has a great sound but he'd get swallowed up in the industry real fast. 
Black country dude had a way better voice in my opinion. Huge fan of quirky girl (Leah?) and quirky guy (Fritz). Fritz’s original song The Ocean that he wrote for his grandmother was amazing, in my opinion. 

The Ocean

Black country dude had a way better voice in my opinion. Huge fan of quirky girl (Leah?) and quirky guy (Fritz). Fritz’s original song The Ocean that he wrote for his grandmother was amazing, in my opinion. 

The Ocean

Yeah the quirky girl's grown on me a bit.  She seemed to be that goofy, gimmicky type that AI likes to have every season, but she's turning out to be more than OK.

https://footballguys.community.foru...tent_id=793276&content_commentid=23390376 On 5/11/2021 at 6:12 AM, El Floppo said:
we watched a handful this season, including the very first audition episode of the season. the country guy sheetrocker whose friend signed him up to audition- great story, btw- was the very first contestant they showed Ep 1.

I heard him, immediately thought of this post, and told the wife and kids that he was going to win.

I still think he will. and I actually like the tone of his voice and what he does within his distinct limitations... but he's a dude you hear at your local bar and think- yeah, he's got something. not a guy you hear and think- hfs, why hasn't this guy made it yet. wait... he's still in this, right?

I'm not particularly into any of these contestants. the canadian girl is a great singer- probably the best pure singer in the competition, but in a broadway musical way. and even though she can do the Adele stuff, she lacks anything distinct about her. 

the two quirky kids... whatever. they're decent. forgettable. the girl is better than the boy, IMO, but I honestly start doing work or looking at my phone when they sing, so I could be wrong.

the good looking black country dude... could have something, but again lacking any kind of distinction to his voice/tone/approach. 

who's won this thing the last bunch of years... has anybody even put out a song? 

and it's time to bring in some new faces to judge. these three are all likeable enough, but have become pointless... maybe it's typical reality show stuff, where they become a bit brainwashed by the environment into thinking that random dude across the room is the love of their lives and have to heap praise on every song sung.

we need much more disney themed events.  maybe dress everyone up as a disney character every week.  i can’t wait for 1960s motown week and 1920s big band week on a showed aimed at 14 year old girls.  take this behind the barn already and shoot it.

we watched a handful this season, including the very first audition episode of the season. the country guy sheetrocker whose friend signed him up to audition- great story, btw- was the very first contestant they showed Ep 1.

I heard him, immediately thought of this post, and told the wife and kids that he was going to win.

I still think he will. and I actually like the tone of his voice and what he does within his distinct limitations... but he's a dude you hear at your local bar and think- yeah, he's got something. not a guy you hear and think- hfs, why hasn't this guy made it yet. wait... he's still in this, right?

I'm not particularly into any of these contestants. the canadian girl is a great singer- probably the best pure singer in the competition, but in a broadway musical way. and even though she can do the Adele stuff, she lacks anything distinct about her. 

the two quirky kids... whatever. they're decent. forgettable. the girl is better than the boy, IMO, but I honestly start doing work or looking at my phone when they sing, so I could be wrong.

the good looking black country dude... could have something, but again lacking any kind of distinction to his voice/tone/approach. 

who's won this thing the last bunch of years... has anybody even put out a song? 

and it's time to bring in some new faces to judge. these three are all likeable enough, but have become pointless... maybe it's typical reality show stuff, where they become a bit brainwashed by the environment into thinking that random dude across the room is the love of their lives and have to heap praise on every song sung.
Black country dude is gone. Blue collar country dude with a kid is in it to win it, but while his tone is decent, his voice is extremely limited. If he wins, it will be because of his back story and the fact that he’s young and cute, not because of his talent. Everyone that was in the Top 10 sings circles around him. But this is American Idol. It’s about more than talent. 

P.S.  Listen to the Fritz original song I linked a couple posts up. As a songwriter and performer, I think he may be the most talented of the bunch. I’d buy his album (as long as he got to write the tunes). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Also agree that the Judges are worthless. They never offer honest criticism. They must have a writing team coming up with 100 different ways to say that a performance was one of the best ever, or that the contestant is already a star. The panel needs a Simon.

Overall, I think the talent level of this year’s contestants is amazing. But the days of AI creating stars is long behind them I’m afraid. 

Black country dude is gone. Blue collar country dude with a kid is in it to win it, but while his tone is decent, his voice is extremely limited. If he wins, it will be because of his back story and the fact that he’s young and cute, not because of his talent. Everyone that was in the Top 10 sings circles around him. But this is American Idol. It’s about more than talent. 

P.S.  Listen to the Fritz original song I linked a couple posts up. As a songwriter and performer, I think he may be the most talented of the bunch. I’d buy his album (as long as he got to write the tunes). 
nice tune.

No posts re: the winner?  

I posted upthread that I liked Noah but thought he'd get swallowed up by the industry.  I think in the right hands he could do some good things.  Really like his voice.

And as soon as I heard they were doing Springsteen for the first song of the finale, I knew he'd be doing "I'm on Fire".  Perfect tune to "country up" and he nailed it.

Happy for him.

https://footballguys.community.foru...tent_id=793276&content_commentid=23390376 On 5/11/2021 at 6:12 AM, El Floppo said:

No posts re: the winner?  

I posted upthread that I liked Noah but thought he'd get swallowed up by the industry.  I think in the right hands he could do some good things.  Really like his voice.

And as soon as I heard they were doing Springsteen for the first song of the finale, I knew he'd be doing "I'm on Fire".  Perfect tune to "country up" and he nailed it.

Happy for him.

Thought it was a good season. Do agree the judges are not judges as much as cheerleaders. :thumbdown:

Not a country fan.. But feel Hunter Girl will have a bigger career. 

Thought it was a good season. Do agree the judges are not judges as much as cheerleaders. :thumbdown:

Not a country fan.. But feel Hunter Girl will have a bigger career. 

Yeah I wish Simon was around.  Heck, even Randy Jackson laid on the criticism from time to time.  These 3 judges just lather on the praise and it's not always warranted.

I like certain country artists (think "Outlaw Country").  I like Noah's voice but I agree that Huntergirl is probably set up for a better career overall.

pointless show.  not even a singing competition anymore honestly.  and having each judge babble the same thing over and over and over after every song makes my ears bleed.

Users who are viewing this thread