What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Austin Watkins - WR UAB (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
All the player threads are being made, welcome to one of my diamond in the rough WR's. Yes he's the little cousin to Sammy Watkins. Dominated at UAB. Small school guy but has all the traits I want when looking for that diamond. 

Listed at 6'1 207, super loose, plays big with strong hands. Was a senior bowl standout. Can't find his age though.

UAB holds Pro Day in front of all 32 NFL Teams

Excerpt:

AUSTIN WATKINS JR.

Height: 6-01.4

Weight: 209

Bench: 18

Vertical: 31.5

Broad Jump: 9′8′'

40-Yard Dash: 4.52

Note: Watkins Jr. was equally impressive in front of the scouts, specifically during wide receiver drills. He caught every pass that came his way, which was approximately 30 routes. His last catch was a spectacular over-the-shoulder grab roughly 60 yards down field.

UAB WR Austin Watkins ran a 4.55 second 40-yard dash at his pro day workout.

Watkins checks in at 6-foot-1, 209 pounds and didn't have the kind of impact pro day performance he was hoping for, rating in the 28th percentile for his 4.55 second 40-time. His vertical of 32" (eighth percentile), broad jump of 116" (17th), 4.39 second short shuttle (19th) and 7.35 second 3-cone (third) were all woeful marks. Watkins led the nation in deep targets in 2019, as the UAB wideout is a menace down the field, averaging just over 19 yards per reception on 57 catches. He has exceptional hands and is a good route runner, but these pro day metrics do not bode well for his NFL projections since he is going to have a hard time creating downfield separation running a 4.55 40-yard dash. Watkins is firmly in the Day 3 conversation and should come off the board in the sixth round range.

SOURCE: PFF.com

Apr 11, 2021, 2:47 PM ET

Another “who” for me.  I thought I knew everything I needed to know about the WRs in this class.

Another “who” for me.  I thought I knew everything I needed to know about the WRs in this class.
A dynasty podcast was really high on him so I pulled up some highlights.  

I'm actually REALLY impressed.  He's a guy that's harder to rank until draft capital is seen, but I want him on my team.  

When I watch the tape, I think this is a guy that's ready to play in the NFL.  He's relying on routes and good hands.  He's beating guys on hook routes and crossing patterns over the middle.  His speed is good enough to play the game he plays.  He's not relying on his speed or athleticism to beat college DB's.  His hands are excellent.  

So undrafted and signed by the 9ers. Like his highlights but would have to be a really deep league to be considered id think.

Users who are viewing this thread