What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Access Any Radio Station Anywhere In The World (1 Viewer)

I feel like this was posted before, but I totally forgot about it....just amazing. Can't wait to explore- last time I crawled up the UK, might hit w africa this time. Thanks for posting this.  :thumbup:
It’s possible it’s been posted before. Already  made my rounds to NW Territories, Greenland,  Tahiti, and the Falkland Islands. Can’t travel these days, so this is the next best thing.

Can any of you open this on a laptop browser? I've tried two different computers in two different places the last couple of days, and just get a blue screen with a "loading" message forever. I'm running Chrome.

I downloaded the app and that works fine.

Can any of you open this on a laptop browser? I've tried two different computers in two different places the last couple of days, and just get a blue screen with a "loading" message forever. I'm running Chrome.

I haven’t tried on my laptop yet, but works fine via the app and the browser on my phone.

I saw someone post a link to this app yesterday on Twitter. It's fantastic and so well done. If this goes to a subscription model, I'll likely pay for it.  Also had to go grab the soundhound app too, which has struggled with a few songs.

I'm hopping all over the world and currently in Nuuk, Greenland. As expected, Russia radio has presented the weirdest offerings so far.

I haven’t tried on my laptop yet, but works fine via the app and the browser on my phone.
Thanks. Just seems odd that it'll work on my phone on the same wifi network that it won't work with a computer on the same network (this sentence makes no sense). Anyway, no biggie.

Thanks for posting. A friend on FB did the other day and I had forgotten until I saw this thread.

With tools like this, there's never been a better time to be a music lover.

Unfortunately it doesn't have CBS radio on it.  No XRT or WSCR from Chicago, both CBS/Entercom owned.  Get the Radio.com app along with this, I bet your bases are covered then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uruk-Hai said:

Using it on my computer, chrome.

This is great. 

I've always thought a FBG "post the top five stations in your area" thread would be awesome and useful when traveling.  Then I stopped traveling.  

Thanks! Found my old college station, WVKR, Poughkeepsie 

Not surprisingly, playing showtunes. 

:bag:
WPDH (101.5) in Poughkeepsie has always been a good station (comes in a bit staticky where I am), although haven’t listened to it in ages. 

FairWarning said:
I'm sure there are some great european metal stations.  I'll start with England and work east.  
Scandinavia has the most serious black metal. I used to kid around in law school whenever someone would complain about habeas corpus under W., that they were doing just fine and had just had a big hit on the metal charts in Sweden. Very few people got that joke, but the ones who did were dying.

zamboni said:
Yes, a bunch of pacifist easy listeners there.
I think Mr. Flop is serious. My friend is a death metal fan. Lots of Scandinavia. Maybe because God is dead. I have nothing else psychologically to offer. Oh, Hanoi Rocks is Finnish. Before they were Hanoi, they were Pelle Miljoona Oy. The Reverend Andy McCoy was featured on Bam Margera's Jackass spin-off once. Good times, good times.

Scandinavia has the most serious black metal. I used to kid around in law school whenever someone would complain about habeas corpus under W., that they were doing just fine and had just had a big hit on the metal charts in Sweden. Very few people got that joke, but the ones who did were dying.

I think Mr. Flop is serious. My friend is a death metal fan. Lots of Scandinavia. Maybe because God is dead. I have nothing else psychologically to offer. Oh, Hanoi Rocks is Finnish. Before they were Hanoi, they were Pelle Miljoona Oy. The Reverend Andy McCoy was featured on Bam Margera's Jackass spin-off once. Good times, good times.
Oh, I don't doubt Flop was serious. I know the Scandanavian death metal scene has produced a lot of bands - Hanoi Rocks being the most famous. I guess the scene is still mostly renowned to us non-hardcore fans for the murder of Euronymous.

Are they listing the name of the tune somewhere, or did you wait to hear the dj announce it? I spent some time in Nigeria and Brazil yesterday...but couldn't pick up song titles.
I'm sure the announcer mentions who they've played at or before a break.

I picked up a few lyrics and Googled lyric and a few lines, usually gets the right tune and performer.  

For foreign songs with non-English lyrics?  I don't know how to track those down but I believe their is an app where you can hum a few lines and it gives a 'Name That Tune' type of list.

Are they listing the name of the tune somewhere, or did you wait to hear the dj announce it? I spent some time in Nigeria and Brazil yesterday...but couldn't pick up song titles.
I'm sure the announcer mentions who they've played at or before a break.

I picked up a few lyrics and Googled lyric and a few lines, usually gets the right tune and performer.  

For foreign songs with non-English lyrics?  I don't know how to track those down but I believe their is an app where you can hum a few lines and it gives a 'Name That Tune' type of list.
SoundHound is a good app for this. You just hold up the app to a song being played and it spits out the artist/song/album.

I just use spotify to get the song info, but I'm listening to it on my computer.  I don't see where the song info comes up otherwise.

SoundHound is a good app for this. You just hold up the app to a song being played and it spits out the artist/song/album.
Or Shazam.
Or both, which is what I do because I'm discovering they each have gaps. Also, Soundhound has a nice feature to add song to a Spotify playlist; alas, I use YouTube music and there's no such feature, but I did send them a request to add it.  There's still an option to open in youtube and from there I can put a like on it and I can go back and work a playlist later.

Here's one  http://radio.garden/visit/bezdryk/uSPHCYvl

Radio Metal

Bezdryk, Ukraine 

Users who are viewing this thread