What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 NFL Free Agency Thread (2 Viewers)

Apparently the Seahawks had their choice of multiple players to pick from . . . including Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks.
I wonder if this episode will be considered good or bad for the locker room. Lol I'm just kidding of course it is a disaster. And completely predictable. I wonder if Mack or Hicks can read defenses and find the open receiver. 

I'm still pissed about Todd Collins. Stupid Bears I'm salty today. 

I wonder if this episode will be considered good or bad for the locker room. Lol I'm just kidding of course it is a disaster. And completely predictable. I wonder if Mack or Hicks can read defenses and find the open receiver. 

I thought of you this morning when Michael Irvin said that 32 teams start free agency with the hope of winning the Super Bowl. Then he corrected himself and said 31 teams because Chicago fans already know they have no shot this year and every year.

I thought of you this morning when Michael Irvin said that 32 teams start free agency with the hope of winning the Super Bowl. Then he corrected himself and said 31 teams because Chicago fans already know they have no shot this year and every year.
Lol yeah man. I think someone was supposed to say "what open receiver?"

JJSS in talks with the Jets.
And Steelers apparently still in engaged and have not closed the door which means his market must be way less then he anticipated, which I guess by this point is looking kind of obvious for the entire top of the line WR market.

Blackbear said:
Yeah, they mentioned he is testing the market. Meaning he evidently wants more than the Pats wanted to offer. I don’t think this is a major issue. Line should be as good or better than last season it seems. 
Have to disagree. Thuney gone. Andrews, in your scenario, gone. Maybe the best two guys on the o-line. I don’t see how they could be as good as last year. 

And Steelers apparently still in engaged and have not closed the door which means his market must be way less then he anticipated, which I guess by this point is looking kind of obvious for the entire top of the line WR market.
I think one of the issues players are having is they know the cap will bounce back up and this year is an anomaly. So guys aren't as eager to accept long term deals for lower dollars when they might be able to cash in past 2021. So they would prefer 1 year deals. But with so many teams with minimal cap room, a 1 year deal offers no cap flexibility (can't push the cap hit into future seasons).

With the depressed market, WRs seem to be valued less than other seasons (and a deep crop of rookies coming into the league isn't helping). So the $15-18M contracts for second tier guys that seemed to be out there in prior years just isn't materializing. Fourteen teams are said to be down to single digit millions in remaining cap room. That's almost half the league.

I was thinking with so much WR and RB talent out there maybe the NFL needs to think about expanding and adding a couple teams. But then I remember Andy Dalton and Todd Collins. Half the league can't field a decent QB.

Have to disagree. Thuney gone. Andrews, in your scenario, gone. Maybe the best two guys on the o-line. I don’t see how they could be as good as last year. 
I posted in the NE thread that there is effectively little difference at all between Karras and Andrews production / rating was. Andrews had one awesome season a few years back (and is a medical risk), but Karras has been just as effective. Brown is an upgrade over Cannon (who didn't play last year) . . . and Onwenu outplayed and was graded higher than Thuney was last season. So a starting OL with Brown-Owenu-Karras-Mason-Wynn should be every bit as good as the line was last year.

TE Jared Cook 1-year deal with the Chargers worth $6M with $4.5M guaranteed.

ewww another guy I might have to keep now instead of cutting. 
If it makes your decision any easier, and I know they are different kind of players, but for as good as Herbert was his impact on Henry was not so stellar. Henry had career low efficiency numbers pretty much across the board with his career lowest catch %, yards per catch, yards per route run, yards per target and TD to target/reception ratio. Now if Herbert gets a deep threat who can get a little volume.....

I would disagree about lowering Antonio Gibson. When he was drafted I thought they would use him in a gadget-type role (jet sweeps, split out wide often, trick plays), but what happened is he evolved into a running back. I think his limited experience in college and goofed-up offseason last year really limited what they could do with him...which actually I think ended up being a good thing. They focused him on being a runner and he improved at that role. I think this year will open up some more opportunities to get creative with him. Yes, McKissic will still be involved in the passing game and Samuel may take some sweeps, but I think this ends up being Gibson’s backfield with a slight uptick in the passing game as he gets more comfortable. Samuel was brought in because they need receiving help and I think that will be his primary role.

I'm bumping Gibson down significantly in 2021 redraft rankings.  He and Samuel fill the same role, essentially.
Samuel does many of those same things well, but there was room for both Samuel and McCaffrey on the Panthers.  I trust there will be room for Gibson and Samuel in Washington, as well.

Per RapSheet, the Raiders have asked QB Marcus Mariota to take a paycut down to just $3M this year, and if he refuses the team will move on. While a release is likely, the team has been able to trade players they would cut. That remains possible. He is due $10.725M

Overall not too exciting of a FA period honestly.  I don't think most teams fortunes have changed all that substantially.  NE being the biggest mover but I think they just overpaid for whatever reason.  

Lots of teams taking it slow

I'm bumping Gibson down significantly in 2021 redraft rankings.  He and Samuel fill the same role, essentially.

And McKissic does a lot of those things.
I'll have to look but I thought I saw they had release McKissic or maybe someone was assuming they would. Not sure but in my head he was already gone. 

But Gibson is their feature RB who catches passes and is electric. And who will be getting 20 carries a game including goal line. He won the job last year if people somehow missed that. He is probably a top5 dynasty back or is being drafted as such. I'm on board with that. I do agree though that some of his passing work overlaps with Samuel. 

The TD upside is the main area I am talking about when I say bump him. And I'm talking about like maybe a couple spots. The top end is too good you have to ask who are you bumping down and I don't have a good answer for that. I'd take him over Zeke though. Redraft.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·

2m

Former Cardinals RB Kenyan Drake is signing a two-year, $11 million deal that includes up $14.5 million with the Raiders, per source.

I'll have to look but I thought I saw they had release McKissic or maybe someone was assuming they would. Not sure but in my head he was already gone. 

But Gibson is their feature RB who catches passes and is electric. And who will be getting 20 carries a game including goal line. He won the job last year if people somehow missed that. He is probably a top5 dynasty back or is being drafted as such. I'm on board with that. I do agree though that some of his passing work overlaps with Samuel. 

The TD upside is the main area I am talking about when I say bump him. And I'm talking about like maybe a couple spots. The top end is too good you have to ask who are you bumping down and I don't have a good answer for that. I'd take him over Zeke though. Redraft.
No they did not release McKissic and I would just say he also catches a ton of passes.

I understand Gibson won the primary job but he's not a top 5 RB to me yet and I don't view the Samuel signing as good news for him, may not be bad as Samuel did not exactly stop CMC's role but I don't see at as good.

No they did not release McKissic and I would just say he also catches a ton of passes.

I understand Gibson won the primary job but he's not a top 5 RB to me yet and I don't view the Samuel signing as good news for him, may not be bad as Samuel did not exactly stop CMC's role but I don't see at as good.
Yeah I knew that part. Well if they keep him then I'll admit that would give me some pause. I still like him a lot and see this offense trajectory on the upswing.

I forgot the Raiders are still going to pay Jalen Richard $3.5M this year and won't save much if they cut him. This also makes Josh Jacobs the third highest paid RB on the team.  WTH is this plan?

His current ADP at Mizelle is RB13.  It has been slowly creeping upward all year, but I suspect that he's going to top out around 12 until the season starts.
RB10 in my startup last week. Dobbins or Harris are the only two that I might argue to bump for him. Dare I say Kamara. So maybe RB8. But I really did have it in my head that McKissic was already gone and now I see he is signed through 2021 so I'm going to admit that is a thing. But Gibson is a stud. 

Also of note is that Fitz is a huge upgrade at QB but they still don't exactly have a plan at QB (that is public anyway). I love Rivera though and the NFC East is winnable AF.

His current ADP at Mizelle is RB13.  It has been slowly creeping upward all year, but I suspect that he's going to top out around 12 until the season starts.
He's also RB12 in actual FFPC startups but I'm probably a little higher on him then that, just a little at least, he'd probably come in around RB10 range for me. I for sure feel comfortable saying I put him as a RB1 with top 5 upside but not there yet.

So is a combo of Jacobs/Drake such a different scenario than Chubb/Hunt? Why does one get panned and the other applauded? From an NFL perspective it makes a lot of sense. FF it sucks. The bigger stink is the OL issues.

So is a combo of Jacobs/Drake such a different scenario than Chubb/Hunt? Why does one get panned and the other applauded? From an NFL perspective it makes a lot of sense. FF it sucks. The bigger stink is the OL issues.
Cleveland is literally built perfectly to run the football, thus can support two fantasy relevant guys much easier. Also, Chubb and Hunt are both just better players than Jacobs or Drake imo. 

Cleveland is literally built perfectly to run the football, thus can support two fantasy relevant guys much easier. Also, Chubb and Hunt are both just better players than Jacobs or Drake imo. 
I'd take the Cleveland scenario every day but I mean I think that is what Gruden is going for. Even though they'll need to put some OL uniforms on someone at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread