Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 NFL Free Agency Thread

4 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I wonder if the landscape is so crazy out there across positions right now that WR is just not a priority. So if there are supposed to be a bunch of cuts shouldn't we be hearing that?

I heard that teams don’t have a ton of money to throw around and there are said to be 20 rookies available for cheap in the draft for way less money. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Worried that this means the Pats figure they won't be able to get David Andrews back.

Yeah, they mentioned he is testing the market. Meaning he evidently wants more than the Pats wanted to offer. I don’t think this is a major issue. Line should be as good or better than last season it seems. 

1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

I heard that teams don’t have a ton of money to throw around and there are said to be 20 rookies available for cheap in the draft for way less money. 

So then if you are shrewd you covet your picks and trade them in the draft for future years. 

• Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I wonder if the landscape is so crazy out there across positions right now that WR is just not a priority. So if there are supposed to be a bunch of cuts shouldn't we be hearing that?

I’ve read the WR free agent market is hurt by the last class and this upcoming class of rookie WRs. Teams don’t feel like they have to give out big contracts, and I guess the top end guys are waiting for some one to blink and offer what they’re looking for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I’ve read the WR free agent market is hurt by the last class and this upcoming class of rookie WRs. Teams don’t feel like they have to give out big contracts, and I guess the top end guys are waiting for some one to blink and offer what they’re looking for.

That's what I've been saying all along. I'm assuming offers have been made, though. 

1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

RB Marlon Mack sticking with IND. 

Am I kidding myself to think that's good for Taylor owners? I mean, surely coming off that injury he's less a threat than if they drafted a good RB right?? 

Just now, ffmail4me said:

Am I kidding myself to think that's good for Taylor owners? I mean, surely coming off that injury he's less a threat than if they drafted a good RB right?? 

There is no threat to Taylor before or after. They weren't drafting anyone to replace him. And Mack is going to be given some hometown loyalty here I have to think to at least see if he can rebound. He may not even make the roster.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ffmail4me said:

I definitely see it that way.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I’d say it’s neutral. I don’t think anyone they’d bring in or draft would be a threat to Taylor and I’m not sure Mack can recover from that Achilles injury.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 3nOut said:

Wow. Not sure who is dumber, the Bears for making that offer for wilson (instead of for a younger Watson) or Seattle for not taking it.

Do we know that they didn't make the same offer for Watson first?  I don't think most trade offers get leaked and reported.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:49 PM, Anarchy99 said:

They traded a 2nd and a 7th for Welker. Moss' previous 3 seasons before coming to NE he had 767, 1005, and 553 receiving yards. Teams were not knocking the doors down to take on Moss. Not many people saw his record breaking season coming. The point overall was that how Moss did the year before was mostly irrelevant.

Moss scored 13 TD in 13 games his last season with the Vikings and the Raiders traded the 7th overall pick for him plus Napolean Harris who was an average LB in his prime at the time but he was a 1st round pick by the Raiders in 2002

In 2006 his last year with the Raiders he also only played 13 games and they had someone named Andrew Walter with the majority of the passing attempts. The year before they had 33 year old Kerry Collins.

He wasnt nearly his former self with the Raiders thats true and being paired with Brady brought his career to new hights but the same can be said for Tom Brady who never accomplished anything close statistically prior to having Moss to throw to.

You give too much credit to the Patriots organization and not enough credit to Moss in my view with your perspective.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, menobrown said:

So Golladay got offered a contract by the Bengals and is set to visit the Giants. Be good to see these WR dominos start to fall.

Bengals would be awesome. 

32 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Moss scored 13 TD in 13 games his last season with the Vikings and the Raiders traded the 7th overall pick for him plus Napolean Harris who was an average LB in his prime at the time but he was a 1st round pick by the Raiders in 2002

In 2006 his last year with the Raiders he also only played 13 games and they had someone named Andrew Walter with the majority of the passing attempts. The year before they had 33 year old Kerry Collins.

He wasnt nearly his former self with the Raiders thats true and being paired with Brady brought his career to new hights but the same can be said for Tom Brady who never accomplished anything close statistically prior to having Moss to throw to.

You give too much credit to the Patriots organization and not enough credit to Moss in my view with your perspective.

I wasn’t really trying to give anyone credit. I was just trying to show that NE has gone after guys from other teams and how they did or were used elsewhere didn’t always translate. Sometimes things worked out, sometimes they didn’t. Things worked out that year bringing in Moss. Things didn’t work out when they brought in Chad Johnson. Welker was not a showpiece player in MIA. But he was in NE. Adalius Thomas was a premier talent in BAL. In NE, he was mostly just an ok starter. They’ve had plenty of hits and misses. 

41 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

To be honest, he was unhappy in Oakland. He was not good there. Once he came to NE he worked hard to be on same page with Brady. 

15 minutes ago, Blick said:

Bengals would be awesome. 

I kind of feel like wr is pretty good for Cincy already. But yeah, golladay round be good there.

2 hours ago, menobrown said:

Gerald Everett is a Seahawk were he will re-unite with Shane Waldron.

Love it for Everett and higbee. Russell too.

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

WR Curtis Samuel expected to sign with WFT. 3/$34.5

Not sure what to think here. Will have to see what they do at QB.

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

Finally!! Some real FF movement. Bump Higbee bump McLaurin bump Gibson. 

Bump down? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

No bump up. The offense looks better and that is better for all. 

You could be right, I forgot about Fitz.  He bumps the receivers up at least. 

5 hours ago, menobrown said:

As for Mack put me down as saying if he's healthy the frustration level from Taylor owners will be real next year.

+1. Wilkins managed to get on the field way more than he should’ve, and Mack is a much better player. Assuming(big if) he’s fully recovered. 

7 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

+1. Wilkins managed to get on the field way more than he should’ve, and Mack is a much better player. Assuming(big if) he’s fully recovered. 

Mack tore his Achilles, wasn’t that athletic to begin with, and signed a 1-year deal for $2m. He’s more likely to be out of the league by 2022 than he is to be Fantasy relevant in 2021.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Mack tore his Achilles, wasn’t that athletic to begin with, and signed a 1-year deal for $2m. He’s more likely to be out of the league by 2022 than he is to be Fantasy relevant in 2021.

Okie dokie. 

13 hours ago, menobrown said:

Gerald Everett is a Seahawk were he will re-unite with Shane Waldron.

10 hours ago, Blackbear said:

Great signing, if true, Everett

Not IMO.  TEs in Seattle don't rack up a lot of receptions.  

PHILLIP LINDSAYRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Broncos rescinded its original-round tender to restricted free agent RB Phillip Lindsay.

SOURCE: Mike McCartney on Twitter

Mar 18, 2021, 9:37 AM ET

Any reason why?  This is strange with the Melvin Gordon legal issue.  

Just now, Birdie048 said:

Any reason why?  This is strange with the Melvin Gordon legal issue.  

Nevermind....  Mike Boone signing in Denver for $2.6M 

5 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

I thought the Gordon legal issue was dropped.

You are correct, legal DUI charges were  "dismissed "due to evidentiary concerns" .. March 10.  

But he still faces the speeding charges (25-39 over posted limit).

And the League is expected to consider a punishment (3 games for DUI is the expected)...  so who knows.   

I am sensing that Lindsay is going to spoil the party somewhat for an incumbent starting RB. Not the biggest guy, but he’s shown he can play and carry a meaningful workload.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zamboni said:

I am sensing that Lindsay is going to spoil the party somewhat for an incumbent starting RB. Not the biggest guy, but he’s shown he can play and carry a meaningful workload.  

I want that for him as much as anyone on this website. He's such a likable guy, and despite his smaller frame, seems strong and such a hard worker. Reminds me of Steve Smith in that way. 

22 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Bears said to have offered three first round draft picks, a third-round pick, and two unnamed starters to the Seahawks for Russell Wilson. 

Apparently the Seahawks had their choice of multiple players to pick from . . . including Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks.