What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 rookie rankings Pre NFL draft - pick 1.03 (CLOSED) (1 Viewer)

TE Premium Scoring Leagues

• QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • RB Javonte Williams, North Carolina

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • RB Kenneth Gainwell, Memphis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB Michael Carter, North Carolina

• WR Ja'Marr Chase, LSU

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • WR Devonta Smith, Alabama

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WR Jaylen Waddle, Alabama

• WR Rashod Bateman, Minnesota

• WR Rondale Moore, Purdue

• WR Terrace Marshall Jr., LSU

• TE Kyle Pitts, Florida

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • TE Pat Freiermuth, Penn State

• TE Brevin Jordan, Miami (FL)

• Don’t play in this format

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Other (please post who you voted for so that player can be potentially added to the next poll)

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Faust

MVP
The purpose of these polls is to get an idea of who the majority of voters prefer at a specific pick in a rookie draft. These drafts assume that all 2021 rookie players are available. For the 2QB poll there may be some variance in scoring. Some may be standard, others PPR. I think a lot of 2QB leagues may involve IDP as well so these differences are not accounted for here. Only looking at the offensive skill players in the two most common formats and also 2QB leagues, to get a sense of where the QB are valued relative to other positions, when there is actually scarcity at the QB position. For the TE premium poll this assumes the scoring format is PPR because that is what these leagues almost always are. The polls assume 12 teams and likely 24-26 roster spots as the most common format for dynasty. Short bench dynasty leagues should only care about the top 6-12 rookie players.

If a player isn't listed that you would vote for please vote other and then post the name of the player that you voted for so that player can potentially be added to the next poll. Also please suggest players not listed that you would vote for soon, even if not on the particular poll that is active.

Thanks everyone for voting. Discussion welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
2021 rookie rankings Pre NFL draft - pick 1.01

2021 rookie rankings Pre NFL draft - pick 1.02

1. Standard scoring

1.01 - RB Najee Harris, Alabama (68.75%)
1.02 - RB Travis Etienne, Clemson (44.07%)

2. PPR Scoring 

1.01 - RB Najee Harris, Alabama (46.88%)

1.02 - WR Ja'Marr Chase, LSU (46.55%)

3. Start 2 QB leagues

1.01 - QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson (82.81%)

1.02 - QB Justin Fields, Ohio State (32.76%)

4. TE premium scoring leagues

1.01 - RB Najee Harris, Alabama (36.67%)

1.02 - RB Travis Etienne, Clemson (25.86%)

Excluding 2 QB leagues, there seems to be a clear top 3 of Najee, ETN and Chase. I am curious to hear arguments in how people are sorting those 3. 

I think the #1 player is still available in 1 and 4. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like an a very minority opinion right now but I am open to hearing why
I think ETN's weaknesses between the tackles are over blown but I also understand why they exist. That wouldn't be why I'd consider it though. It's projectible traits. Williams has all of them, but will they translate? 

I think ETN's weaknesses between the tackles are over blown but I also understand why they exist. That wouldn't be why I'd consider it though. It's projectible traits. Williams has all of them, but will they translate? 
I get what you're saying, but he had very little breakaway speed in college, he'll likely have very little in the pros. That trait seems like it's able to be projected negatively. 

That's my thoughts on "all of them." Etienne looks much better in space, which is definitely something to consider in fantasy PPR. 

I'm not trying to pooh-pooh Williams. As it sits, he's right in line to get drafted early in fantasy drafts to no real dissent on my end.

Seems like an a very minority opinion right now but I am open to hearing why
I posted in the ETN thread why I Williams more.  I also posted in the Harris thread the one condition where I would take Williams over him too, but another condition why I would take Harris.

I voted for Smith over Chase where ETN was not available. Looks like I am pretty much on an Island there. Maybe I am wrong but I think its a coin flip between the two. Both very good prospects at WR.

Users who are viewing this thread